Author Topic: Kobester on teamates  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobester on teamates
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:20:08 AM »
After the Lakers 46-24 4th quarter win over the Nuggetts in which the 2nd teamers again prevailed:

"The young fellas came in and took care of business," Bryant said. "We have young players who have a lot of heart and who care. And when you have that combination, you have a lot of potential. In the past, I've always been the only guy in the gym really working hard. But now I've got guys in there with me pushing themselves every single day, and that makes a big difference."

Does Kobesters self adulation "only guy in the gym working hard" apply to current non 2nd unit Lakers also?
Odom?  Just who were the other teamates when Kobe was the "only guy"?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kobester on teamates
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:25:27 AM »
Sounds to me like a jab at Shaq lol

Odom hasn't been able to hit the gym because he was injured.

On another note...how stupid does Kobe look now that the Lakers squad is able to beat Denver, Utah, PHX, and Houston and the Bulls are a lowly 2 and 12 (or whatever they are now)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 11:30:23 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 02:13:54 PM »
Sounds to me like a jab at Shaq lol

Odom hasn't been able to hit the gym because he was injured.

On another note...how stupid does Kobe look now that the Lakers squad is able to beat Denver, Utah, PHX, and Houston and the Bulls are a lowly 2 and 12 (or whatever they are now)

In the past only DFish would match Kobe's off court work ethic.  The Bulls would probably be 12 and 2 with Kobe and the Lakers would be at 5 and 10.  Did anybody read about the Detroit trade that was in place and Kobe squashed?  Think I read that Dumars denied the trade, it would have made Detroit a killer team.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 03:52:14 PM »
Is Jordan Farmar on illegal muscle building/strength stuff?
Calm down Laker posters, for all we know maybe Tim Duncan is too.  I'm talking about Farmar for now.
At one time i merely asked if Karl Malone was.  I accept your explaination of his hardcore workout ethics.
His increases in speed and jumping seem unnatural.  It's easy to see the increases, I'm asking why.

If it's due to hardcore workouts and diet, good for him.
But he is much faster/stronger.

WoW, did Karl Malone work out as hard as Kobe?  I know he was only on the Lakers one year.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 03:56:30 PM »
^^ Even his ears have gotten bigger, and i didn't think that was possible.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 04:27:17 PM »
Is Jordan Farmar on illegal muscle building/strength stuff?
Calm down Laker posters, for all we know maybe Tim Duncan is too.  I'm talking about Farmar for now.
At one time i merely asked if Karl Malone was.  I accept your explaination of his hardcore workout ethics.
His increases in speed and jumping seem unnatural.  It's easy to see the increases, I'm asking why.

If it's due to hardcore workouts and diet, good for him.
But he is much faster/stronger.

WoW, did Karl Malone work out as hard as Kobe?  I know he was only on the Lakers one year.

His jumping has been the same really.  He was able to dunk last year.  He was just on that sports science show I made a threat about.

But the real reason is that players strength training in general is a lot better when they are with pro trainers and have nice equipment then when they are working out at their colleges/high school.  Bynum is substantially bigger this year as well.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 05:04:41 PM »
His jumping has been the same really.  He was able to dunk last year.  He was just on that sports science show I made a threat about.

But the real reason is that players strength training in general is a lot better when they are with pro trainers and have nice equipment then when they are working out at their colleges/high school.  Bynum is substantially bigger this year as well.
  "Able to dunk"  :-\  Westkoast, this year with a fast defender right on him he burns down fullcourt fullspeed and then at the last second hops for an easy dunk.
Yes he could "dunk" last year but this year he looks like superman on some transition steals and dunks. 
Yes i want to watch the show you linked to.  Technical difficulties with sound at present. 

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 07:31:48 PM »

Karl Malone worked out harder than just about anybody you've seen. The dude once came into training camp in Utah at 5 percent body fat. You don't get that just by pumping steroids, but by busting your ass.

The only guys I've seen who may have equaled his conditioning are Stockton and Jordan. In fact, Stockton may have exceeded Malone's work ethic, coming in to camp in amazing shape every year, all the way to age 41. Every time I see Bob Cousy on an all-time greats list and Stockton not on it . . .  ::)
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:43:35 AM »

"Able to dunk"  :-\  Westkoast, this year with a fast defender right on him he burns down fullcourt fullspeed and then at the last second hops for an easy dunk.
Yes he could "dunk" last year but this year he looks like superman on some transition steals and dunks. 
Yes i want to watch the show you linked to.  Technical difficulties with sound at present. 

Here is a video of Farmar dunking last year just for your Reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64TQw4BUwA&feature=related

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 02:12:22 AM »

LOL!

Here are some real Farmar highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh9tt-4ttEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8zPRtuhn9c&feature=related

Here is a video of Farmar dunking last year just for your Reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64TQw4BUwA&feature=related
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 04:37:01 AM »
Here are some real Farmar highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh9tt-4ttEo
That's a pretty good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8zPRtuhn9c&feature=related
Big deal, 95% of NBA could do that one.  Breakaway with no one within 30 feet. ::)

The one i saw during the game he was contested pretty much step for step.  Only had about a one step lead off a turnover with a fast defender in pursuit.  It was impressive.
I did see Farmar up closer in the Utah game.  I guess he didn't bulk up as much as i thought.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:39:13 AM by Reality »