Author Topic: Ace Freely can't close Pats  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Ace Freely can't close Pats
« on: November 26, 2007, 12:06:11 AM »
What a time to make a horrible read.
No need to go deep downfield whatsoever. 
Ace had the Eagles driving for the go ahead t.d. or at least the chip shot field goal.

rt who is #30 the Eagles safety/corner?  Is he injured or just a bad tackler?  Avoids tackling as bad as Deon Sanders. 

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: Ace Freely can't close Pats
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 12:15:37 AM »
JR Reed.

And he made a few huge hits today.

Just a horrible play call and decision on that second INT.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:41:26 AM »
JR Reed.

And he made a few huge hits today.

Just a horrible play call and decision on that second INT.

Didn't you guys get the impression the Eagles QB was walking between rain drops anyway?  It was like watching Shaq make 5 FT in a row, he's going to settle back into reality eventually, and by eventually I mean REALLY soon.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 11:11:09 AM »
I only saw the last 8 minutes.  But given that Freeny had made it the whole game, i thought he could finish that drive off with either a field goal or the go ahead t.d.   

On the fateful INT a reciever/rb was cutting across the middle and was wide open.  Would have been a 5-10 yard gain but that was how they were working the ball up the whole drive.  The whole game?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
I read on espn where Freely says he knows he blew it.  He thought his reciever might outrun Samuels.
Anything from Andy Reid?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 12:24:14 PM »
Didn't you guys get the impression the Eagles QB was walking between rain drops anyway?  It was like watching Shaq make 5 FT in a row, he's going to settle back into reality eventually, and by eventually I mean REALLY soon.

Nah.  Feeley's played well with us in the past.  He fits the system well, and isn't a bad QB.  He played better than I thought, but I didn't ever think he was bad.

It wasn't a physical mistake he made last night, but a mental.  He got pressure and put the ball up for grabs.  In that situation, it wasn't needed.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 12:40:31 PM »

Nah.  Feeley's played well with us in the past.  He fits the system well, and isn't a bad QB.  He played better than I thought, but I didn't ever think he was bad.

It wasn't a physical mistake he made last night, but a mental.  He got pressure and put the ball up for grabs.  In that situation, it wasn't needed.

AJ Feeley is nothing to write home about, but he is a decent NFL QB.  He made a bad decision.

Just as a point of note.  I live in a town of about 6,000 people, and we generally play schools from towns with between 4,000 and 15,000 people.  We are out in the middle of BFE.  Yet we have had 3 NFL starting QB's play against us (AJ Feeley is from Ontario (10,000 pop), Kellen Clemens is from Burns (4,500 pop), and Derek Anderson is from Scapoose, Oregon (7,500 pop) and also have produced a potential contender for MLB rookie of the year(Jacoby Ellsbury), in the last 12 years or so.  We also played a against a kid this year Cory McCaffery who is in the all-time top 10 for career rushing yards in HS, passed Hershal Walker earlier this year.  Guy averages like 250 yards rushing per game.  HE is from Sisters a town of about 2,000 people.
That to me is pretty amazing.  Of all 3 of the QB's the most amazing one in HS was Kellen Clemens.  He was a man among boys, even as a junior when I saw him.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 02:16:45 PM »
Shame for the Eagles they didn't pull this one out, but if they had, Reid would have had a hard time keeping McNabb as the starter.

No one will argue that McNabb is the better athlete, and as a QB, when Donovan is on, he's as good as anyone.  But he holds onto the ball too long trying to make a great play, when a quicker decision would have done just as well.  Donovan is going to have to play better to shut the doubting fans up.

If the Eagles can march down the field on the Patriots with their backup QB, they should be able to beat anyone, but the truth is this was their best played game this season.

The Eagles defense did a better job on the Patriots than anyone has this year, and they were able to put pressure on Brady.

This should give the Eagles the confidence they need to make a push for the playoffs.