Author Topic: Major Laker trade, huge shake up in L.A.!!!!  (Read 3550 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Major Laker trade, huge shake up in L.A.!!!!
« on: November 20, 2007, 11:02:51 PM »
Brian "Cookie" Cook and Mo Evans for Tever who?

Cook is one of my most hated Laker, can't stand a soft wuss like him, Mo on the other hand was IMO a great find.  Don't know this Ariza guy, don't know why the Lakers made the trade.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Major Laker trade, huge shake up in L.A.!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 11:57:22 PM »
Arizia is a very athletic 2 guard.  Good thing you got him cause the Lakers are desperate for one of those.  ;)

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 12:29:24 AM »
Arizia is a very athletic 2 guard.  Good thing you got him cause the Lakers are desperate for one of those.  ;)

At 6'8 he seems more of a SF.  I guess PJ has his big guard combo.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline atom2030

• AOL Instant Messenger - atom2030
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomp22000
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 05:27:31 AM »
weren't Ariza and Lee the only bright spots in that cursed Knicks team after the Eddy deal ?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 09:19:15 AM by atom2030 »
===============================
Felix Skydivers '13
In honor of Felix Baumgartners adventures
... and not just because he's Austrian too

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 08:47:10 AM »
Some interesting tidbits.
1 yr at UCLA (cant find stats).
2nd Rd draft choice (43rd overall) of Knicks in 2004.

Came off the bench as the youngest rookie in Knicks history.
Ariza earned himself starting honors with the Knicks under Larry Brown.
On February 21, 2006, Ariza was traded to the Orlando Magic along with Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway in exchange for Steve Francis.

Offline atom2030

• AOL Instant Messenger - atom2030
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomp22000
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 09:25:55 AM »
Some interesting tidbits.
On February 21, 2006, Ariza was traded to the Orlando Magic along with Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway in exchange for Steve Francis.

one word:
ISIAH

and about his college career, this is from nba.com

AS A COLLEGIAN: In lone season at UCLA, earned All-Pac-10 Freshman Team honors in 2003-04, averaging 11.6 ppg (third on team), 6.5 rpg (second) and team-high 1.7 spg over 31.6 mpg in 25 games (23 starts). . .Shot .426 from the floor (107-251 FGA) and was 18-76 (.237) from Downtown. . .Led Bruins in scoring three times, rebounds 10 times. . .Had three 20+ scoring games and three double-doubles. . .57-113 FTA (.504). . .Had season/career high 24 points twice: vs. Oregon State on Jan 2, 2004 (11-13 FGA) and at Southern California on Feb 25, 2004. . .Season/career best 14 rebounds at Michigan, Dec 27, 2003 (high rebound game for a Bruin in 2003-04); season/career high eight assists at Arizona, Feb 14, 2004. . .Missed season?s first three games due to spontaneous pneumothorax (presence of air within the pleural cavity of the lungs).
===============================
Felix Skydivers '13
In honor of Felix Baumgartners adventures
... and not just because he's Austrian too

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 09:58:13 AM »

Maybe they are getting ready for the post Kobe era...long reign the Bynum-Ariza Lakers!

;D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 10:16:40 AM »
^^ good one.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 11:09:13 AM »
Trevor Ariza is an athletic small forward.  He is NOT a guard.  Anyone who thinks about playing him at guard is either insane, or blind.

Ariza can't shoot.  That's the big knock on him.

Ariza is an *AWESOME* defender.  Give him some playing time, and you've got a serious threat for All-Defense team at forward...and yes, I realize how stacked that position is with defenders.  You will *LOVE* this guy's defense.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 11:37:01 AM »
Trevor Ariza is an athletic small forward.  He is NOT a guard.  Anyone who thinks about playing him at guard is either insane, or blind.

Ariza is an *AWESOME* defender.  Give him some playing time, and you've got a serious threat for All-Defense team at forward...and yes, I realize how stacked that position is with defenders.  You will *LOVE* this guy's defense.

I looked at his FT% and figured he wasn't a shooter.  I really like Mo and I'm not sure why the Lakers made this trade.  Mo is a very active and athletic guy who can hit the open 3 who I thought was the biggest bargin the Lakers have gotten in the Kupcake era.  I'm so glad to see that big soft dummy Cook hit the road.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »

I looked at his FT% and figured he wasn't a shooter.  I really like Mo and I'm not sure why the Lakers made this trade.  Mo is a very active and athletic guy who can hit the open 3 who I thought was the biggest bargin the Lakers have gotten in the Kupcake era.  I'm so glad to see that big soft dummy Cook hit the road.

"The 'appearance' of activity precludes thoughts that one has died"

Mitch Kubchek
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 03:32:57 PM »

Defense mainly.  While Mo was a decent defender this guy is suppose to be a legit stopper and I guess the answer to Grant Hill at SF!?!?!    I don't know about the trade.  Never seen this guy play so I can't say one way or another.  Mitch said the reason was he felt they had too many players trying to go after the same minutes.  Odom, Luke, Mo, Cook were all potentially taking SF minutes.  Moving Odom back down the the 4 and putting Luke as the starting 3 has this guy coming off the bench.

The thing is who is going to back up Kobe at the 2 now since Mo was taking up his minutes?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:41:03 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 05:16:03 PM »

The thing is who is going to back up Kobe at the 2 now since Mo was taking up his minutes?

The article I read said Jackson would use Vujacic and Crittenton.  I also wouldn't be surprised if Mo's 13.5 minutes were split between Farmar & Fisher.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »

The article I read said Jackson would use Vujacic and Crittenton.  I also wouldn't be surprised if Mo's 13.5 minutes were split between Farmar & Fisher.

Which is a problem IMO.  Vujacic and Crittenton are not nearly as athletic or as good of defenders as Mo Evans was.  Vujacic is a pesky defender but not athletic enough to be what I call a good defender.  Crittenton has been playing very hard in practice and the coaching staff says they love what he is doing.  Problem is with Farmar playing so well and Fisher being one of the leaders on this squad it leaves 0 minutes for him.  Having Mo come in for Kobe was nice because you expect a scoring drop off but you still want a player who can guard on the perimeter.  Crittenton is too young to be good enough to guard some of the 2 guards in the league.

He is suppose to play tonight against MIL so I guess we will get a taste of how they will play him and what he looks like on the floor.

Btw...did Mo Evans and Cook luck out or what?  Orlando is a great team to go to if they can get some playing time.  They look to be a clear challenger to the KELTICS in the East this year and have a great corner stone to build around.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 06:06:54 AM »
WoW

WoW Defense mainly.  While Mo was a decent defender this guy is suppose to be a legit stopper and I guess the answer to Grant Hill at SF!?!?!    I don't know about the trade.  Never seen this guy play so I can't say one way or another.  Mitch said the reason was he felt they had too many players trying to go after the same minutes.  Odom, Luke, Mo, Cook were all potentially taking SF minutes.  Moving Odom back down the the 4 and putting Luke as the starting 3 has this guy coming off the bench.
Kupkake added that while Odom presents a huge positive for Lakers on O in that as a 3 many opponents 3s cannot defend him, conversely Odom cannot defend many opponents smaller 3s, especially those who can hit and play on the perimeter.  So as you wrote, putting Odom at the 4 on D is the Laker plan now.  Kake added he felt Mo's rebounds were already being absorbed by the current playing Lakers so no loss in rebounding.

As to who backs up Kobe, I don't know.  Once again can anyone replace the Kobester or does he need to play 40+ per game?  You will rue the day you turned down my offer of Parker and Eva for Kobe.

Continued frustration for Lakerville as they drop to 7-4 vs Milwaukee.  Same pattern of beat some good teams, then lose to lesser ones?  Altho Milwaukee is definitely new and improved.  Odom somewhat disappears (again) in 40 minutes, yet SuperByns proves his mettle with 16/13 in his 1st start, only 27 minutes.  Kwamster continues to be a key role player?  Yes.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 06:12:31 AM by Reality »