Author Topic: Another tough break for the Kwamster  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Another tough break for the Kwamster
« on: November 19, 2007, 11:03:03 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3119687
BenWa fell on him.
Sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee, scheduled to be reevaluated in about a week, also mildly sprained his left ankle.

Lakers does this derail your otherworldly 6-3 start or does SuperByns, Mihm and Shovey Turiaf pick up the slack?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Another tough break for the Kwamster
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:16:14 PM »
Turiaf is injured as well.

Mihm is useless, might as well be injured.

Bynum can only play 25 minutes a game right now.

Im not a Kwame fan by anymeans but it sucks for any team to lose a 7 footer.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 12:25:45 AM »

Kwame is 7 feet tall when he's standing on an inch of sweat.  Kwame's width is much more important to his post D than his height.  IMO Mihm is a solid player at the C as the Lakers have right now.  He's a decent big man but he is so injury prone that he is close to useless.  I don't think Bynum is ready for heavy minutes, he's foul prone and I don't think he can last much beyone 25 minutes.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 11:50:32 AM »
Indeed Phil thinks it's the Kwams taking up space in the paint, both providing a D presence and if not gettng the O rebound at least challenging the opponent for it that makes Kwame vital to Lakers playoff success.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 12:03:51 PM »
Indeed Phil thinks it's the Kwams taking up space in the paint, both providing a D presence and if not gettng the O rebound at least challenging the opponent for it that makes Kwame vital to Lakers playoff success.

I was thinking about this and what came to mind was that Mychal Thompson was one of the best post defenders I have ever seen.  He couldn't guard 7 footers too well but he rarely got faked out by opponents, he always seemed to be in perfect position to defend the post.  He wouldn't block anyone's shot but players had to shoot over him, even Kevin McHale could not get his normal easy post buckets because Mychal always kept himself betweent the opponent and the basket.

Kwame is very much the same way but I'm not sure how much of that is good fundamentals and smarts, more like he's too slow and dumb to get faked out, but I'm really not sure how he does what he does.  He just stands there and takes up space.  I don't think he's much of a defender, he's just so big and strong that you can't bull him over and shooting over or threw a guy like that is very difficult.  I am actually sorry to hear he is out right now.  Still, the Lakers are not a contender right now, they need some more tools or for players like Odom, Bynum and Walton to fulfill their promise/expectations (not that Walton was pegged as a major deal).
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 12:10:39 PM »

Kwame is 7 feet tall when he's standing on an inch of sweat.  Kwame's width is much more important to his post D than his height.  IMO Mihm is a solid player at the C as the Lakers have right now.  He's a decent big man but he is so injury prone that he is close to useless.  I don't think Bynum is ready for heavy minutes, he's foul prone and I don't think he can last much beyone 25 minutes.

He's not listed at 6'11...

I agree its his big body that matters quite a bit.  Not just because hes wide but because banging with that large body is going to slow down any big man.  Could you imagine having him charge into you?  ACK

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »

That was what he was listed when he was drafted and how he's listed now.  Don't know where he's listed as 7 feet. 

He's also very mobile for a guy that big so he gets freed up for easy layups and dunks.  Any other shot is way too difficult for him, he has terrible hands and STILL seems to rush his shot all the time.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 03:26:33 PM »

That was what he was listed when he was drafted and how he's listed now.  Don't know where he's listed as 7 feet. 

He's also very mobile for a guy that big so he gets freed up for easy layups and dunks.  Any other shot is way too difficult for him, he has terrible hands and STILL seems to rush his shot all the time.

I find it hard to believe he was drafted at 18 and did not grow at all since then.  Has that ever happened to any player drafted that young?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 04:32:25 PM »

I find it hard to believe he was drafted at 18 and did not grow at all since then.  Has that ever happened to any player drafted that young?

He am what he am.  If you want to get into a genetics discussion that board is over there -------->

Long live bball pro!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »
If he would just learn a more white way of playing basketball, his height wouldn't matter.

-Writerman
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 10:46:45 AM »
2-4 weeks is now the talk of Kwamster recovery time.
1-2 so far with him out.

Lakers 6-3 when Kwame went out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 02:42:40 PM by Reality »