Author Topic: db you came up with getting Farmar  (Read 3080 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
db you came up with getting Farmar
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:53:56 PM »
Nice pick up.  I wanted to grab him but noticed you beat a lot of us to it.  I see no sign of him slowing down as his confidence is at an all time high, his decision making has improved quite a bit this year,  and the Lakers second unit is gelling like no other.  While he is not the craziest pick up  how can you complain when he easily will give you 10 pts, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in limited minutes.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: db you came up with getting Farmar
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 02:50:54 PM »
meh.  he's playing well, but unless he shows consistent playing time (re: above 25 minutes), he's not likely to stay on my team all too long.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:18:05 PM »
meh.  he's playing well, but unless he shows consistent playing time (re: above 25 minutes), he's not likely to stay on my team all too long.

I think he will slowly earn more minutes as the bench seems to be the reason the Lakers are 6-3, not the starters.

However, Phil Jackson likes to have Derek Fisher on the floor to start games off so unless he gets hurt Jordan might never see more then 24 minutes a game.  They are splitting the minutes pretty evenly.  Jordan Farmer is the better PG right now but that leadership is more important to them at this point in the season which is why Fisher is getting the start.  Maybe he will end up with 28 minutes a game as Fish is a bit older come later on in the season.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 03:34:07 PM »

I think he will slowly earn more minutes as the bench seems to be the reason the Lakers are 6-3, not the starters.

However, Phil Jackson likes to have Derek Fisher on the floor to start games off so unless he gets hurt Jordan might never see more then 24 minutes a game.  They are splitting the minutes pretty evenly.  Jordan Farmer is the better PG right now but that leadership is more important to them at this point in the season which is why Fisher is getting the start.  Maybe he will end up with 28 minutes a game as Fish is a bit older come later on in the season.

That being the case I would think Fisher and his leadership is better suited for the 2nd unit.  Fisher and Walton with the 2nd unit IMO would work best for the Lakers.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:29:57 PM »

That being the case I would think Fisher and his leadership is better suited for the 2nd unit.  Fisher and Walton with the 2nd unit IMO would work best for the Lakers.

But what does coach/GM Kobe have to say about it?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 05:43:35 PM »

But what does coach/GM Kobe have to say about it?

Nothing for now.  Everything is great when you are winning!

However I feel Kobe still feels like some of us Laker fans do.  Don't think we Laker fans are delusional,  drunk from Winnin Juice...the Lakers still need help.  The Lakers are playing good middle of the pack basketball but they are still outmatched by PHX, SA, and Dallas by quite a bit.  The Lakers could play like this all year and still lose in the first round because they are missing an additional piece.

We still have to play Chris Mihm at center for 25 minutes a game because we can't keep players healthy.  Not exactly an anchor to a top defense that would make this team legit.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:45:47 PM by westkoast »