Author Topic: Note to Spurs fans...  (Read 3284 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Note to Spurs fans...
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:45:31 PM »
...about Beno Udrith....

Thanks.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Note to Spurs fans...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 02:37:43 PM »
LOL

Is Bibby out for the entire year?  I can't seem to find much information on him.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 02:56:38 PM »
No, but he won't be back until January.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »
...about Beno Udrith....

Thanks.

Hope you will still feel that way around Dec 10th...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »
...about Beno Udrith....

Thanks.

Why Dec 10th?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 03:29:25 PM »
...about Beno Udrith....

Thanks.

Why Dec 10th?

Because Beno will impress for about 2-3 weeks.  Then his inability to handle pressure and poor decision making will start to show.  He does have a nice shot but couldn't beat out Jacque Vaughan last year or NVE before that to backup Parker.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 03:47:38 PM »
...about Beno Udrith....

Thanks.

Why Dec 10th?

Because Beno will impress for about 2-3 weeks.  Then his inability to handle pressure and poor decision making will start to show.  He does have a nice shot but couldn't beat out Jacque Vaughan last year or NVE before that to backup Parker.

Hardly matters.

If you had observed the quality of back-up point guards the Kings had been running out there before we signed Udrith, you would know that Beno is ten times better and he will be getting plenty of playing time to prove his worth once Bibby returns.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 04:33:09 PM »

Hardly matters.

If you had observed the quality of back-up point guards the Kings had been running out there before we signed Udrith, you would know that Beno is ten times better and he will be getting plenty of playing time to prove his worth once Bibby returns.

Considering his worth is less than a second round pick (what Minny traded for him then released him) then I guess you are right.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 06:01:22 PM »

Hardly matters.

Considering his worth is less than a second round pick (what Minny traded for him then released him) then I guess you are right.

Right now, he is certainly worth that to the Kings, who have no one to run the offense effectively behind him. Garcia and Douby, the two guys getting the majority of minutes prior to the Kings's signing Udrith, are hardly true point guards. Salmon was much better, but he lost his playing time when Artest returned, and for whatever reason, Theus is not interested in John playing the point much.

If nothing else Beno admits he is much calmer now, because he knows he won't be yanked out of the game if he misses two shots in a row, or misses a defensive assignment. During the Knicks game, he was not too confident out on the court, but against Detroit, he was clearly much more comfortable knowing his role. This was clear in the second half when the Kings started to actually look like an NBA team with its shot selection and spacing. I had to rub my eyes several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. A point guard who was actually running a pick and roll with Miller, who was getting tons of open looks because of it (and for whatever reason, missed most of them)

It certainly helped that Detroit was determined to knock Kevin Martin out of the offense. It left Udrith with so many opportunities to score or pass to open shooters, he looked really good out on the court. At least for one game - against a clearly superior team -  the Kings gave us fans a little hope that they can play a little basketball with the big boys.

And Udrith was responsible for the transition against the Pistons.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 11:42:39 AM »
...about Beno Udrith....

Thanks.

Why Dec 10th?

Well....

....guess it must be true. At least he got to play his old team prior to Dec 10 once...you know....before his inability to handle pressure and poor decision-making kicks in.

Towards the end of his pre-game media session, Popovich laughed at the notion that no one had asked him about the former player whom he so often coflicted with, then said, seemingly sarcastically, "That's all right. We'll talk about him after he scores 30 (points)."

While not quite scoring 30 against the Spurs last night, his 27 WAS a career high. 

BTW, thanks again for Beno. We need him

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 12:05:15 PM »
If its true Pop initiated that little exhange in the pre-game session, that was stupid. 

Everyone's knows I've never though too highly of Pop's coaching ability but he's usually not an idiot.  You don't pump your opponent up to play you.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 12:59:56 PM »
If its true Pop initiated that little exhange in the pre-game session, that was stupid. 

Everyone's knows I've never though too highly of Pop's coaching ability but he's usually not an idiot.  You don't pump your opponent up to play you.

Oh, I doubt Beno Udrith heard about the remark. He was already out on the court warming up. Since his time with the Spurs was on the frustrating side, I think Beno had plenty of motivation to drive him during this game.

But he was certainly not the only King who excelled. Mikki Moore and Brad Miller both had their best games of the year, and this must be a contract year for Ron Artest, or something. He has kicked it up a notch lately. The only concern is the offensive drop-off for Kevin Martin. He looks like he is getting left behind as others speed by him in the Kings' offense.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »
What more do you want JoMal.  The man's averaging a career high 24.0 ppg.  If his efficiency returns I think he'll turn in a pretty awe-inspiring year for you guys.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 02:32:59 PM »
I know.

It is just the focus of the offense has shifted lately and it has affected Martin more then it should have. He is still getting his shots, but is now missing more of them. Udrith has been taking many of the shots, and hitting them, but what has really changed is that we have three very offensive-minded bigs, with Moore, Miller, and the rookie Hawes taking more shots, and Artest just being all over the place.

If only this team could figure out how to win on the road. But that just ain't happening.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 02:35:34 PM »
How has Hawes been playing?  I actually really liked him leading up to the draft.