Author Topic: This years Rockets better without McGrady  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
This years Rockets better without McGrady
« on: November 16, 2007, 12:58:07 PM »
I'm not saying yes or no, but it is of interest to see how the Rockets do these next 3-4 games with McGrady out.
With some scoring additions this year, Bonzi and maybe even a "new" Steve Francis (gulp), do you think the Rockets can do fine without ball hog McGrady?

The 1st draw gives them the Spurs at home, not the best with an injury out but Spurs are on the 2nd of a b2b, they usually suck bad.
Ideally a team playing McGrady would greatly help the Rockets, but lets see how they do as is.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: This years Rockets better without McGrady
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 02:54:04 PM »
Mcgrady is not a ball hog #1

#2 They are not going to be as good because they are missing  a top 3 scorer in the league.  Bonzi Wells works best while in the post.  If Yao Ming is in why would Bonzi go to the post?!

No basketball "pro" would say something like they rather see Bonzi Wells or Steve Francis take jump shots over T-Mac.  What a cool inside out game Houston has with Yao and Alston!  No no...Yao and Shane Battier.  No No...Scola and Shane Battier.  Yao can get hurt too!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:24:04 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »
One note that should not be ignored. When Adelman was coaching the Kings, the injury list was in constant use. Webber missed a ton of games, as did Peja, Bibby, Bobby Jackson, Brad Miller (not so much Vlade - another thing to admire about Divac), and others. And the Kings won more often then they lost when shorthanded because Adelman worked his pieces into the flow of his offense better then people expected. No reason to think he won't do the same with the Rockets
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »
And the Kings won more often then they lost when shorthanded because Adelman worked his pieces into the flow of his offense better then people expected. No reason to think he won't do the same with the Rockets
Lowie Scola sank another shot (10-11), nice jumper from the side over Duncan to tie the game at 80-80 3:45 to go.  Why did Adleman not get Scola another shot the rest of the way?  He was open too, guarded by Michael Finley hardly a stopper.  Don't get me wrong, Yao had a couple beauty jump shots.  Otherwise the Rockets guards and everyone really made no attempt to get Scola the ball.  Why no Scolls down the stretch?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 05:11:02 PM »
And the Kings won more often then they lost when shorthanded because Adelman worked his pieces into the flow of his offense better then people expected. No reason to think he won't do the same with the Rockets
Lowie Scola sank another shot (10-11), nice jumper from the side over Duncan to tie the game at 80-80 3:45 to go.  Why did Adleman not get Scola another shot the rest of the way?  He was open too, guarded by Michael Finley hardly a stopper.  Don't get me wrong, Yao had a couple beauty jump shots.  Otherwise the Rockets guards and everyone really made no attempt to get Scola the ball.  Why no Scolls down the stretch?

For all the times you complain about pounding the ball to one player and expecting him to score you think Houston should ride Luis Scola in the final 4 minutes against the defending champs?!!?!?  You wanted them to pound the ball to Luis Scola  :D

I much rather see Yao Ming, Shane Battier, Bonzi Wells, Raef Alston, Steve Francis, and Rick Adleman shoot before him :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com