Author Topic: Fabs vs SuperBynum V  (Read 3294 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Fabs vs SuperBynum V
« on: November 12, 2007, 01:09:23 PM »
Tuesday, Nov 12th 2007.
SuperByns bringing in a double double (10.2-9.8 ) in only 23 minutes.  Along with 56% fgs.

Fabs Oberto ever the steady 5 and 4 as he continues his torrid shooting of 62% on dunks and layups after getting the pass from Tim Duncan or GNob.  But Fabs also flashes the ring.  The Ring!

What will happen as Zenny Phil brings an entirely healthy team to the San Antonio Dome?  Will Greg Pop give a crap since it's early season.  Will Bruce Bowen dog the Kobester.  Will Kobester go off for 45 while elbowing Ginobili.  Or will Kobes heart melt, knowing he should join the San Antonio team before he is a bitter old retiree signing autographs on WoWs t-shirts for $5 a pop. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 01:08:42 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fabs vs SuperBynum V
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 02:00:01 PM »
The problem with Superbyns is that since he has gained a bit more muscle he has not quite improved his stamina.  The reason he is only playing 23 minutes a game is because at the 25 minute mark he starts to get tired and lazy.  The last time these two teams met I think Bynum showed him up with good rebounding and as good defense as you can ask a 2-year player to do against the greatest PF to ever play the game.

With that said, I called it, he is better then Fabs!  Better rebounder and better in the paint.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 05:38:14 PM »
before he is a bitter old retiree signing autographs on WoWs t-shirts for $5 a pop. 

Didn't know that players who have won BACK TO BACK TO BACK titles get bitter.  I wonder if TD will ever know the joy of winning a back to back, let alone a back to back to back like Kobe.  TD can only dream.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 06:31:49 PM »
Can you tell us another story, Grandpa?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 09:07:19 PM »
Can you tell us another story, Grandpa?

One story that can NOT be told is the Spurs back to back TO BACK run of titles, unless it's on the Sci Fi channel.  The Lakers THREE-PEAT story will be on the History Channel in HD.  The 2000-2001 Lakers will also be featured on NBA TV as the undisputed G.O.A.T. in NBA playoff basketball, the Spurs will be on that special as well as playoff broomstick fodder.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 11:18:51 PM »
Grandpa, will you ever get a t.v. set that has more then just these rabbit ears that only get the local L.A. stations?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 01:18:36 AM »
The problem with Superbyns is that since he has gained a bit more muscle he has not quite improved his stamina.  The reason he is only playing 23 minutes a game is because
I think it's wise of the Lakers to limit Bynum to 23 per game.  Only 20 years and two weeks old, to start playing 82 games a year with pros is a huge adjustment for someone drafted the youngest ever at 17 years, eight months and two days old.  He just turned 20 two weeks ago.

I don't know how he and Gred Odens genetics compare, but gradualism is good for Byns IMO.  Other extreme is Magic, but he is a genetic freak and also recieved more protection from the refs then anyone in league history, save Kareem. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 02:14:22 AM »
Grandpa, will you ever get a t.v. set that has more then just these rabbit ears that only get the local L.A. stations?

Minny Lakers
Boston Celtics
Chicago Bulls
LA Lakers
SA Spurs

Hmmm.......one of these teams doesn't belong............for the answer check your local cable guide for the History Channel in HD.  They will be doing a special on Three-peats.  FYI, the HCC is on cable and dish.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 07:09:06 AM »
Hmmm.......one of these teams doesn't belong... 
Tee hee. Grandpa you're funny.  The "Minny" Lakers.

for the answer check your local cable guide for the History Channel in HD.  They will be doing a special on Three-peats. 

I saw that.  "Breaking Vegas", the story of the 2002 playoffs.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 10:18:48 AM »

for the answer check your local cable guide for the History Channel in HD.  They will be doing a special on Three-peats. 

Just added, the "Repeat" segment where the 80's Lakers, Pistons and Rockets are featured.  Still no Spurs for the current crop of bandwagon fans.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »

Just added, the "Repeat" segment where the 80's Lakers, Pistons and Rockets are featured.  Still no Spurs for the current crop of bandwagon fans.

Sorry to interrupt...but to include Houston's 2 titles during the Jordan interregnum years but ignoring a 3 for 5 run is just a little overboard.  Sort of like saying that Kobe should be the spokwesman for the Colorado Tourist industry.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 11:53:09 AM »
I think Back-2-Back is all WOW cares about for the purposes of this little tete-a-tete.

<ducks>
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 12:09:31 PM »
I think Back-2-Back is all WOW cares about for the purposes of this little tete-a-tete.

<ducks>

Yes that is the point, bitter autograph signings are for guys like Charles and Ewings not for guys who ran off a threepeat.

My tuna nets are not dolphin safe. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 12:32:44 PM »

<ducks>

Yes that is the point, bitter autograph signings are for guys like Charles and Ewings not for guys who ran off a threepeat.

Well, WOW started off as discussing 3-peats so when back-to-backs are equated with 3peats then I begin to believe that Reality may have a point with fuzzy Laker math.  Maybe the problem is that he is using a tuna net when fishing for a minnow.

And as long as I am chumming the waters...which SG that owns 3 rings averaged more points in the 4th quarter of close out games than he did for the entire season?  That guy is clutch!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 12:45:08 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 01:38:12 PM »

<ducks>

Well, WOW started off as discussing 3-peats so when back-to-backs are equated with 3peats then I begin to believe that Reality may have a point with fuzzy Laker math.  Maybe the problem is that he is using a tuna net when fishing for a minnow.

And as long as I am chumming the waters...which SG that owns 3 rings averaged more points in the 4th quarter of close out games than he did for the entire season?  That guy is clutch!

Michael Jordan ?????

No really tho...Manu deserves props for only trying in the last 12 minutes of a game.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com