Author Topic: Bobby Simmons, a farewell ...  (Read 3317 times)

Offline atom2030

• AOL Instant Messenger - atom2030
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomp22000
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bobby Simmons, a farewell ...
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:33:30 PM »
I can only do my one at the time.  I screwed up BIG TIME.  Bobby Simmons was my BIG sleeeper for this draft and I totally forgot about him, didn't even prerank him.  I would have picked him around round 8 but I screwed up big time.

Bobby just didn't feel right on my roster. Every time I looked at him I could see it in his eyes: "This is not where I want to be. I know you pay me, you play me, but that's not home for me".

So now he's on his way home ... and that look im his face when I got him the news, is something i will never forget. It's making someone totally, completely happy. Man, I wish you all could have joined that special moment.
 ;D

Of course he'll starts to be a completely different Bobby now, reverting to a 25ppg scorer from the bench, with 2 steals and 45% on triples, but that's ok. He wouldn't have done it for me, anyway. Guess sometimes life is larger than the game.

Thanks Mr. Simmons for what you've done for us  ... and enjoy playing for the JIHAD now !
 :)
===============================
Felix Skydivers '13
In honor of Felix Baumgartners adventures
... and not just because he's Austrian too

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Bobby Simmons, a farewell ...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 07:32:29 PM »
I can only do my one at the time.  I screwed up BIG TIME.  Bobby Simmons was my BIG sleeeper for this draft and I totally forgot about him, didn't even prerank him.  I would have picked him around round 8 but I screwed up big time.

Bobby just didn't feel right on my roster. Every time I looked at him I could see it in his eyes: "This is not where I want to be. I know you pay me, you play me, but that's not home for me".

So now he's on his way home ... and that look im his face when I got him the news, is something i will never forget. It's making someone totally, completely happy. Man, I wish you all could have joined that special moment.
 ;D

Of course he'll starts to be a completely different Bobby now, reverting to a 25ppg scorer from the bench, with 2 steals and 45% on triples, but that's ok. He wouldn't have done it for me, anyway. Guess sometimes life is larger than the game.

Thanks Mr. Simmons for what you've done for us  ... and enjoy playing for the JIHAD now !
 :)

Simmons has been a favorite of mine since he was a Clipper, I honestly had a hard time deciding who to play when I had him and Maggette, sometimes he was better and sometimes he was not.  Haslem should get back to form soon, he shots a solid percentage and is a terrific compliment to Shaq and Wade.  Good luck with him, he should be solid, I just have too many PF's I'd play ahead of him for him to do me any good.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline atom2030

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 05:56:53 PM »
My PF lineup so far looked like this: Kenyon Martin , Yi.
(no, not the BEST PFs, these are ALL I have.)

Maybe now you can understand why I gave up Simmons ...
Felix Skydivers '13

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 07:39:17 PM »
My PF lineup so far looked like this: Kenyon Martin , Yi.
(no, not the BEST PFs, these are ALL I have.)

Maybe now you can understand why I gave up Simmons ...

Why did you prefer Haslem over Gooden? 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline atom2030

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 04:39:50 AM »
I just think Haslem will have a breakthrough season with Shaq just about done as focal point in the offense, especially once Dwyane returns. His shooting % should be better than Drew's, plus he gets slightly more assists and less TOs.

But of course, I could be wrong ...

btw, not that I like the Heat a lot ... but I especially dislike Cleveland and all that hype around you-know-who. And I don'twant to see myself rooting for the wrong team because of a fantasy league ...
Felix Skydivers '13

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 10:14:39 AM »
btw, not that I like the Heat a lot ... but I especially dislike Cleveland and all that hype around you-know-who. And I don'twant to see myself rooting for the wrong team because of a fantasy league ...

IMO, you-know-who has lived up to everything he possible can so far.  What really amazes me about the guy is his court vision, IMO it's on par with Kidd and Nash.  He needs to work on his defense, his outside shot is comming along so the guy is working on his game.  He needs to win a title to really fullfill ALL the hype but so far he's lived up to the hype.  Had he taken his JV team past the Spurs I would consider him one of the, if not THE, greatest ever.  Since the organization has done NOTHING to improve the team he might get another shot at immortality.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"