Author Topic: Question about roster changes  (Read 2940 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Question about roster changes
« on: November 01, 2007, 01:03:55 PM »
This may sound dumb and maybe I am just losing it but if you want to change your roster for the following day is there a certain cut off time?  Like if it hits 12:01 AM on Thursday if I make changes in the morning they will only work for Friday?  There is nothing on the Yahoo site talking about this.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Question about roster changes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 01:09:07 PM »
No standard cut-off time for all players.  It's connected to the individual's game time.  If tip-off is at 7:00, then any player in that game is frozen where he's at.  If he's on the bench at 7:00, he stays there.  If he's in the starting lineup at 7:00, he's stays there.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »
This may sound dumb and maybe I am just losing it but if you want to change your roster for the following day is there a certain cut off time?  Like if it hits 12:01 AM on Thursday if I make changes in the morning they will only work for Friday?  There is nothing on the Yahoo site talking about this.

FYI westkoast:

It's not just the sound, that is DUMB.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 04:17:25 PM »
'koast,

If you pick a player up on Thursday, that player does not join your team until Friday.  If you pick him up on Friday, he doesn't join your team until Saturday.  You cannot make the roster move of adding player on a day and playing him that same day.  In other words, there's no "last second" pick-up before game-time.

It gets a little more complicated when waivers kicks in, as well.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 05:30:28 PM »
No standard cut-off time for all players.  It's connected to the individual's game time.  If tip-off is at 7:00, then any player in that game is frozen where he's at.  If he's on the bench at 7:00, he stays there.  If he's in the starting lineup at 7:00, he's stays there.

That is what I thought but Yahoo is not sticking my changes so I only end up getting to play my starting 6 I set earlier in the week.  I am hitting the submit button and it looks like it registered ::shrugs::

If you notice I only have 5 players with any stats...
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 12:33:35 AM »

That is what I thought but Yahoo is not sticking my changes so I only end up getting to play my starting 6 I set earlier in the week.  I am hitting the submit button and it looks like it registered ::shrugs::

If you notice I only have 5 players with any stats...

Try using the old line up setup method.  One other thing to remember, if you make a roster change, add or drop a player, your lineups will get screwed up for games after the transaction goes through.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"