Author Topic: LA ticket prices  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
LA ticket prices
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:52:41 PM »
WoW is there any way you can squeeze a visit over to Staples and see what prices are before and just after, and 10 minutes after tip off for both Laker and Clipper games?

I'm assuming with Kobes record setting FT barrage vs the Rockets that tickets are still at least face?
Clippers however, wow, there must be some bargains.

Both teams after tipoff some real deals?

msc where are you?
westkoast?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: LA ticket prices
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 01:15:06 PM »
WoW is there any way you can squeeze a visit over to Staples and see what prices are before and just after, and 10 minutes after tip off for both Laker and Clipper games?

I'm assuming with Kobes record setting FT barrage vs the Rockets that tickets are still at least face?
Clippers however, wow, there must be some bargains.

Both teams after tipoff some real deals?

msc where are you?
westkoast?

Since I don't go to very many games I just avoid scalpers and get the best deal I can from above board channels.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 03:24:26 PM »
You wouldn't even need to attend the game.  You're our source, 5 minutes from Staples.
Shheesh.  Take one for the team, Kobe.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:41:49 PM »
Lakers have highest price for one ticket at nearly $90
Associated Press

CHICAGO -- Lakers fans will pay big bucks for tickets this season, whether Kobe Bryant remains in Los Angeles or not.

The average price of a Lakers season ticket is $89.24, highest in the NBA, according to Team Marketing Report's survey released Tuesday. That was an increase of 4.5 percent from last season.

Lakers owner Jerry Buss said last month the team would look to trade Bryant, who criticized management and asked to be dealt last spring. But fans likely would prefer to have the two-time NBA scoring champion in town, since a family of four shells out an average of $453.95 a night to see the Lakers, also tops in the league, according to the survey's Fan Cost Index.

The Fan Cost Index is based on four average-price tickets, two small draft beers, four small soft drinks, four regular-size hot dogs, parking for one car, two game programs and two least-expensive, adult-size adjustable caps. The league average is $281.90.

The average NBA ticket price climbed 3.6 percent, an increase of about two dollars, to $48.83.

The New York Knicks charge an average of $70.51 to watch a team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2004. Boston's average ticket rose slightly to $65.43, and Chicago ($63) is fourth after a 15.3 percent increase.

The Hornets, in their first season back in New Orleans, charge a league-low $24.58.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 08:14:43 PM »
My gf just bought us two tickets to a Lakers/Warriors game in the 109 section, 15 rows off the court for like 180 bucks each.  That is my ticket update for you.  There is a guy on Craigslist who sells tickets in that row all the time.  Very good section.

Jerry Buss can't deal Kobe because people don't pay those ticket prices to see Luol Deng, Kirk Heinrich, Chris Mihm, and Kwame Brown play basketball.  They put up that money because on any given night something 'special' might happen.  Usually it doesn't but you are guarenteed exciting plays. Most people  don't care to watch Kirk Heinrich get away with pulling on jerseys and holding for an entire game for it to be labeled 'good defensive basketball'
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 08:47:20 PM »
westkoast, do you know anyone besides Kobe, i mean W.O.W. that lives near Staples?

Otherwise can you pop out during a tv timeout in the 1st qtr?
Does Staples allow reentry?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 09:10:10 PM »
westkoast, do you know anyone besides Kobe, i mean W.O.W. that lives near Staples?

Otherwise can you pop out during a tv timeout in the 1st qtr?
Does Staples allow reentry?

Depends what you consider near I know a good number of people who live near downtown or in the Valley.

1st = beer time so I always pop then lol.

Staples doesnt allow reentry.  You can leave to go out to the smoking areas and that is it.  Once you are out, you are out.

And if my post made it sound like she got them from Craigslist she did not.  She went through ticket master.  Awesome 10 dollar service charge per ticket =/  The guy on CL has season tickets.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 09:56:13 PM »

Depends what you consider near I know a good number of people who live near downtown or in the Valley. 
Basically anyone willing and able to stop by after tipoff and see what the scalpoids eventually come down to vs. face.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 10:54:17 AM »
Hello all,

Hey just wanted to tell you guys about Stubhub.com.  I just bought a couple of seats for the tuesday night when the lakers come in.  The prices are good, some of the cheap seats are REALLY inexpensive considering todays NBA prices.  You have to pay for overnight S/H with fedex but it still came out cheaper then I thought it would be.  Anyway, Reality, if you are looking for tickets you can try there.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 11:06:32 AM »
Hello all,

Hey just wanted to tell you guys about Stubhub.com.  I just bought a couple of seats for the tuesday night when the lakers come in.  The prices are good, some of the cheap seats are REALLY inexpensive considering todays NBA prices.  You have to pay for overnight S/H with fedex but it still came out cheaper then I thought it would be.  Anyway, Reality, if you are looking for tickets you can try there.
  Thanks.  I have done The Hub.  Paid around $220 each for Spurs at Lakers in 2003-4.  Altho that was a marquee game, hotter then even the 2003 Spurs-Laker playoff tickets, the pilgrimage procession to Staples for Laker games results in high Stub prices for every game.
I am interested in seeing what the Hub drops to for last minute Laker home tickets.  Clipps as well.  4-0, who'd a thunk with Elton Brand out.
But see, unlike other people who live near Staples, i can only do the last minute thing if up in L.A. for the day anyways.  But yes thanks i will keep an eye on what Stub last minute ones do for both Clips and Lakers.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 02:02:47 PM »
Hey Reality, I've only been to one game so far this year (Houston) haven't hit up any scalpers.  I doubt they'll be much below face, maybe after the game starts, but I won't be leaving as I can't get back in. 

I got another upgrade this year and the face value on my seats now is $140/ticket.  I'm in section 117, row 18 on the aisle (finally!).  I split them 3 ways with a couple of friends, so I get about 14 games/year.  I'd be willing to sell you a game for face value if you're interested. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 09:28:18 PM »
I'll kick that around msc, thanks for the offer.

Are you in Row 18 that is in the lower part (closer to game and it looks like all floor level) or Section 117 the one that is steps (higher up just above the floor one)?  The Lakers.com Staples map has the rows listed but the numbers are microscopic and StaplesCenter.com is no help either.

I still wish we could find someone who is near Staples while not attending a game.  'Course then there is the issue of are they real tickets, altho I have not heard of that being a problem.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
I'd be willing to sell you a game for face value if you're interested. 

If you are going to sell Reality your tickets, make him promise to take off his jacket and expose his Kobe jersey he secretly wears all the time.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 12:44:48 PM »
I'd be willing to sell you a game for face value if you're interested. 

If you are going to sell Reality your tickets, make him promise to take off his jacket and expose his Kobe jersey he secretly wears all the time.

:D

Reality, it's the second or third to last row of the lower section.   

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 01:40:40 PM »
Reality I can't promise I'll be able to find out what ticket prices are going for any later then right before tip off as I cannot leave once I enter but Ill ask scalpers before the game just to get an idea for you if you want.  I am NEVER in that area unless I am going to the game.  Not exactly a nice part of town to just go hang out at, at night.