Author Topic: Did lebron deserve to be on the All-star list  (Read 3527 times)

Randy

Did lebron deserve to be on the All-star list
« on: February 05, 2004, 03:45:13 PM »
I think he has done very well for a rookie but it seems as many times as I have heard this argument that sports analysts seem to forget that it's the FANS who put in All-Stars (well, except to fill out the roster -- and there are arguably better players to choose than LeBron at this point).

I think that this does bring up an interesting question. For all the hype that LeBron has gotten, isn't it interesting that he DIDN'T get the fan support needed to be an All-Star? I mean, Kobe was an All-Star when he didn't even start (wrongly so, IMO, but still true).

So which statement is true? The hype machine didn't work with LeBron or is it that since he plays on such a bad team, nobody thinks he deserves it?

jw

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 03:45:33 PM »
and I guess it has to do with him not being as big of a fan favorite as some of the veteran guards. But you're right that the fact that he plays for a mediocre team probably factors into it. I personally think rookies should be banned from participating in the major All-Star game; their place is in the rookie All-Star game.

Guest_WayOutWest

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 03:45:57 PM »
The only guy I would put LeBron ahead of is Maglorie but he's a C and you need to have 2.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned what an arrogant arse Carmello has already become. He thinks he's a better college player than MJ and he stated he couldn't beleive some of the guys that made the All-Star team ahead of him. What an arse. With the exception of possibley Francis, he's not even close to being better than anyone on the squad.

Randy

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 03:47:05 PM »
Carmelo already showed his colors when asked if he would rather be the star on a team that doesn't make the playoffs or a team player on a team that could win the championship -- he wants to be the star. Tells you a lot, IMO.

jw

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 03:47:32 PM »
and I heard he mouthed off to the press after one game about how bad his coach was, wasn't running the right kind of plays. This kid needs to be taken down a peg or two.