Author Topic: Happy birthday Ziggy!  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Happy birthday Ziggy!
« on: September 18, 2007, 08:00:47 PM »
Hope you had a great day ... good luck to your Tigers in the playoffs!
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Happy birthday Ziggy!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »
We'd all be lucky to live to see 329!  Happy Birthday dawg!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:16:06 AM »
Happy Birthday! Now come back to fantasy bball. You leaving when you did is like a poker player winning a couple of huge pots and running away. You big jerk.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 09:41:13 AM »
Motion seconded. 

Come back, Master Ziggy . . . grasshopper still have much to learn.

Happy 329th birthday, too!

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 11:50:12 AM »
Thank you all. 
As far as me winning big pots Ted, the way I remember it I never won anything.  It would be down to the final 2, and I would go all in with a pair of 3's, and for some unknown reason I would always lose.

Derek asked me about coming back, but at this point I have to pass.  I just turned 47, and I live in the middle of BFE.  After years of thinking about it I have decided to start doing, and I am going to go back to school part time and get my MBA.  With a 16 year old, a 7 year old, and a 3 year old, I barely have enough time as it is.  Adding on the time requirements for going back to school, and I just won't have the time to put into it.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 01:00:58 PM »
Congrads on going back for your MBA Zigs!    Happy 329th B-Day!

This year for your birthday I pulled a rabbit out of a hat and have got you a speedy recovery for Oden after his surgery.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 06:13:05 PM »
Hey, cool about the MBA! I done did that too, and it's worth it. Learned a lot of really useful stuff. Where are you going to get it?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 06:54:04 PM »
Happy Birthday Ziggs,

Good job pursuing an MBA.  That's a serious work-load, doing that, helping to take care of your family and having little time to yourself.

We're all pulling for you.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 06:14:17 PM »
Hey, cool about the MBA! I done did that too, and it's worth it. Learned a lot of really useful stuff. Where are you going to get it?

Well considering I live in 50 miles from BFE I don't have a lot of choices.  It is either online, or there is one program that is semi-local.  I was an Economics major as an undergrad, and I was actually looking for a Masters in Economics online, but as best I can tell there isn't one.

Concordia University has a program of 1 weekend a month in a classroom (about 14 hours) about an hour away.  I can get about 75% of the degree that way, and the remaining 25% I can get by traveling 2-1/2 hours to Portland to the main campus.

The other online options I see are
Marist College
Northeastern University
University of Texas (Dallas)
Mississippi State
Suffolk University

Drexel and Penn State both have online programs, but both also require a 1 week residency program once a semester or year.  As much as I would like to meet Derek (a Drexel grad), I don't see how I could work out the cost of travel to Philly plus the time off once a year, on top of the time requirements and costs of a MBA anyway.

I figure Concordia, Marist, and Northeastern are the most likely options.  All I have to do now is start studying for my GMAT's.  The recurring nightmare, of walking into class totally unprepared with a mid-term on the agenda, has come back after 24 years.  I have been pounding on my 16 year old to work on his PST study guide, and he always give me this "yeah right Dad, get a grip" kind of look.  Now he is going to be able to pound on me to get to my homework done.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 01:08:33 PM »
Happy birthday zig! I had forgotten we shared a birthday.  Hope you found some time in your busy schedule to celebrate!
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 02:05:15 PM »
Happy birthday zig! I had forgotten we shared a birthday.  Hope you found some time in your busy schedule to celebrate!

Well Happy Birthday JN, I had forgotten as well.  I look at Birthday's as being important for my wife and kids, but for me it is pretty much another day.  My 3 year old let the cat out of the bag though on the present, but she did pick out my cupcakes.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 03:17:42 PM »

Happy birthday to you as well jn, I knew Wolverine was a "clique-y" bastard and would only aknowledge the "baseball" crowd dog loving crowd.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 04:19:12 PM »

Happy birthday to you as well jn, I knew Wolverine was a "clique-y" bastard and would only aknowledge the "baseball" crowd dog loving crowd.

Oh ... of course that's not true.  I never realized jn's birthday was the same as the Big Dawg's.

So a happy belated birthday, jn.

Now, when WOW's birthday comes up, you can bet the "clique-y" bastard in me will raise it's ugly head.  ;)
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41