Author Topic: Norv nervousness  (Read 3629 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Norv nervousness
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 01:29:05 PM »
Hey I think we can create a new word out of this.  From now on the fear that your team is talented but will be screwed up by the coach will be known as "Norvousness".  As in "The Celtics are loaded this year but Doc Rivers makes me awfully Norvous."
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 04:38:01 PM »
Hey I think we can create a new word out of this.  From now on the fear that your team is talented but will be screwed up by the coach will be known as "Norvousness".  As in "The Celtics are loaded this year but Doc Rivers makes me awfully Norvous."
:D :D :D
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 11:46:50 PM »
 ;D ;D did anyone endure that entire game?  For that matter see the end.
Classic Norvball-Martyball.
Chargers **win** ::)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »
;D ;D did anyone endure that entire game?  For that matter see the end.
Classic Norvball-Martyball.
Chargers **win** ::)

Charger fans can thank the rain for that win.  The ball was just wet and slippery enough for the Colts kicker to miss that 26 yard game winning/lossing field goal.  It's pretty sad to see how far the Chargers have fallen, they are in for a tough 2nd half of the season.  I wish the Chargers would hire a top flight coach before their top flight talent gets away.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 12:15:26 PM »
From Kevin Acee, local beat writer inside the locker room:
"I'd have to say as a group, these coaches are not motivational. That doesn't mean all of them. And I think (Ron) Rivera could be an excellent head coach and excellent defensive coordinator. I like his ideas, and I think the players do as well.

Yes, for lack of a better word, Shelmon (6 years runningbacks coach, promoted this year to Offensive Coordinator) is a figure head. He certainly doesn't call the plays." <end Acee quote.

I would make the move now, right now.  Even if Rivera just finished out this year and they went after big name for start of 2008.
It will never happen in dysfunctional Chargerville.
I'll be blown away if Norvball goes over 8-8.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 01:36:51 AM »
Bump. :)

See first reply.

I can't get over it, I think its the best prediction I've ever made.  I called it in June/July around the Moss Trade and posted it on here on November 12.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 02:29:36 AM »
Good call but Greasy Pats are going down in playoffs.  ;)

I'm hoping Jags beat Pittsburg.  I think Jags have excellent shot vs The Hooded Evil Cheater.
Peyton vs Pats?  (sigh) indoors yes, outdoors inclement no.
Chargers vs Pats?  I know it's a laugher but they match up well.  Everywhere except coach.  Bellicheat will circle Norvous.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 04:34:44 PM »
Looks like the GM made the right call in going with Norv and sending Marty packing.  Two wins, and one win away from the Super Bowl.  A big game by LT, and Rivers doesn't throw a couple of picks and suddenly the Chargers Pats is a very competitive game, that the Chargers can win.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil