Author Topic: Lakers what will you give for JOneal?  (Read 1726 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Lakers what will you give for JOneal?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 03:24:58 PM »
That I am pretty sure of.  He wants to be the guy who not only found the next big center in the league but he wants to be the guy who brought the next big center to an organization known for great centers.

The BIG difference is ALL those great Laker centers, with the exception of George, were proven commodities, no guess work.

It is pretty frustrating watching a dump of a franchise like Boston make big moves and the Lakers standing still.  It's alot tougher out West to build a winner, unlike the MJ era when two stars would do, and it seems that the Lakers are stuck with two legit stars to make a run out West.  Walton is a solid role player, the type a championship team needs, but we are still missing the big man to defend the paint and grab the boards.  Until the Lakers fix that problem they are not going anywhere, 1, 2's and 3's are not going to help, the Lakers need help at the 4 and 5.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lakers what will you give for JOneal?
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 04:23:43 PM »
That's IF Bynum gets better Reality.  Like WOW said, those guys were already to a point where you would know they were going to be solid based on their college career.  As much as I like Bynum that is a major IF at this point in time.  Unless he made major strides this past off-season then he needs to go IMO.  If he turns out to be good, then great.  However the longer they sit on him the more his stock drops if he turns out to be average.  If WOW was right the whole time (which I still think he is not, too much tapatio on the brain) and he is Brendan Hayward then the Lakers are in real bad shape considering they could have traded him before everyone else figured that out.

For the Lakers sake and all my fellow Laker fans I hope he's had a heck of an off-season.  And I hope he worked on his attitude as well (funny coming from a Kobe fan right) because I think he was starting to get too big of a head later on in the year when he started off so humble.  We already have one guy with a huge head, the difference is he actually can back it up on the court.  Bynum at this point cannot.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com