Author Topic: Maybe a bit far fetched...LA trying to woo Kevin Garnett?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Maybe a bit far fetched...LA trying to woo Kevin Garnett?
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:58:06 AM »
KG has been out in LA for the last few days.  One of those days were spent attending the LA Galaxy soccer game to see new US star David Beckham in his first game here in the states.  KG Joined in the crowd of celebs was Posh Spice, Paris Hilton, Arnold The Governator, and Katie Holmes with baby Suri in hand.

Now all those people are LA/California residents except KG.  Maybe he is a huge soccer fan?  Or is someone out here trying to butter him up by having him mingle with the stars and get tickets to hard to get into events??
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Maybe a bit far fetched...LA trying to woo Kevin Garnett?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 09:18:09 AM »
KG has owned a summer home in Malibu for years so it's not quite accurrate to say he is not a resident.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:25:37 PM »
KG has owned a summer home in Malibu for years so it's not quite accurrate to say he is not a resident.

Really?  I never see or hear about him being out here.  Thought it was weird that he was handed tickets.  Maybe wishful thinking LOL
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »
jn is this guy a spinner or accurate?
http://www.twincities.com/dailydose...?nclick_check=1

Jist of it is:  Apparently, Garnett was kept abreast of the possibility of a potential trade, but he prefer that he stay in Minnesota despite the "rebuilding job" that the team is udergoing at the current time.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:17:57 AM »
Charley Walters used to be a good source for certain types of info on the Twin Cities scene.  The quality of his work has slipped in the past few years however.  I'm thinking he just repeated what Taylor told him without questioning him.  So I don't think he was spinning so much as taking Taylors word for it.

And wk, I'm not too surprised you didn't know that. KG always seems to keep a low profile during the offseason.  It seems like the only time he makes public appearances in the Twin Cities is attending MN Lynx (WNBA) games. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »
And wk, I'm not too surprised you didn't know that. KG always seems to keep a low profile during the offseason.  It seems like the only time he makes public appearances in the Twin Cities is attending MN Lynx (WNBA) games. 

jn, if only more NBA players took this view during the off-season. Nothing wrong with not reading about their antics when games aren't being played.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
All too true JoMal.  I don't think KG is a wild guy anyway plus he learned a hard lesson with the death of Malik Sealy.