Author Topic: Charlotte will be entertaining?  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Charlotte will be entertaining?
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:03:49 AM »
Jason Richardson and now Gerald Wallace in the bag.
Is this Jordan wanting to start the recreation of the triangle offense with Richardson big guard and Wallace SF?

Is Charlotte gonna be if nothing else entertaining this year and building for future years?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Charlotte will be entertaining?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »
I think in order to run the triangle offense you would need a coach who has that apart of his system before you go out and grab players.

And Jason Richardson wouldn't thrive in the triangle anyways.  He is much better creating his own offense with the ball in his hands.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:54:48 PM »
I think in order to run the triangle offense you would need a coach who has that apart of his system before you go out and grab players.
  Maybe Jordan has notes from his Bulls days.  I think it's vastly overated how difficult the triangle allegedly is to learn.

And Jason Richardson wouldn't thrive in the triangle anyways.  He is much better creating his own offense with the ball in his hands.
  large guards MJ, Kobe Bryant in triangle?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 01:00:44 PM »
Maybe Jordan has notes from his Bulls days.  I think it's vastly overated how difficult the triangle allegedly is to learn.

It's not overated for NBA players, for everyone else, YES, it's not that hard to run a double post offense.

Maybe Jordan has notes from his large guards MJ, Kobe Bryant in triangle?

JRich should be ok since his is in the mold of MJ and Kobe, if anything they are over qualified to be a guard in the triangle, their individual games will suffer or be limited but they should all thrive in that offense if their outside shot is consistent.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 01:19:55 PM »
What should be also noted is that Gerald Wallace does not play basketball within any set system if he can avoid it. He is a tremendous athelete, don't get me wrong, but his style of basketball play is strictly playground and there is little likelihood he will ever change that to conform to something so structured as the triangle.

When in Sacramento, he would drive Adelman nuts by never following his offense, which placed him on the bench more often then not. In Charlotte, his freestyle of play was accepted, but put a more structured coach and his system in place and Wallace will be an island once again with whatever offense they employ. He left his college program in Alabama after one rather unspectacular year because it was mutually agreed he did not fit the structured college game and maybe his freelancing would find a more suitable home in the NBA.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 04:06:26 PM »

large guards MJ, Kobe Bryant in triangle?

It's not that hes a large guard...it's that his game is more street/off the dribble.  I don't think he would be half the slasher he is if he was inside of the triangle.  Not saying he cannot do it.  Just that up until this point in his career he does not score like that.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 11:40:43 AM »
Whether or not the Bobcats run the triangle or not, with GWallace and JRich in the lineup they should have some pretty cool plays to see.

And a good twosome to build around.