Author Topic: Nets Interested in Randolph  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nets Interested in Randolph
« on: June 25, 2007, 01:46:29 PM »

===============================================================================
Zach Randolph: Nets Could be Interested

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Monday, June 25, 2007
Update: The Nets will investigate making a move for Randolph this summer, the New York Daily News reports.

Recommendation: New Jersey wants to re-sign Vince Carter first, then make a run at a legitimate low-post scoring threat. Any deal with Portland would likely start with Richard Jefferson.
===============================================================================

Talks are starting to happen on this front.  Good lord if they do a Randolph for Jefferson deal, its going to be really, really, REALLY, REALLY hard for me not to root for Portland----and they have my boy, Nate McMillan as coach.  Jack, Roy, Jefferson, Aldridge, Oden and Mr. Sonic as the coach...........man-o-man that would be awesome!!  Ziggy, I'm sure you're prayin' hard.     

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nets Interested in Randolph
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »
I have said for a while that I thought this was the most likely deal of all that have been discussed.  I read the article reference in hoops hype, and Rod Thorn say's "we may some interest in talking to Portland about Randolph, but we haven't talked to Portland about it up until now."

Now what a load of crap, and I wonder why Rod Thorn feels it is necessary to lie to the media about this.  I mean come on Rod, let me get this straight, You just came up with this on your own here in the last couple of days.  Ok Rod, if that is true, and everybody and their uncle is aware that Portland is talking about moving Zach and has been looking at moves for months, and you made it clear in Jan/Feb that the most important improvement you could make to your team was to add a low post guy, and you and Portland haven't talked????

If that is the case, why in the world would you now think that since Portland obviously has never called you to discuss Zach Randolph for Richard Jefferson, that they would have even the slightest interest in this deal on anybody else on your roster???  Christ Almighty of course they have talked, they have talked over and over and over about this, you know they have.  Why does Thorn feel compelled to lie, when he is the one putting the issue out in public now anyway???  Does Thorn think he is screwing with the heads of other GM's?  They all know that talks have been going on.  It boggles the mind?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 04:31:11 PM »
If I were them (POR) I would do this trade very quick.  There is no real need for Randoph now that Oden is going up there.  Oden is going to be the much better player and Randolph is still a player a lot of teams would love to have.  No knock to him but POR needs to get rid of him because he is no longer the piece they should build around.

I like Richard Jefferson personally.  He comes off as a real nice and smart guy.  That would really help some of the younger players in the Blazers locker room.  He is a seasoned vet and has playoff experience.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:12:32 AM »
I think this would be a great deal for both teams.  NJ gets the low post threat that Kidd will make look like a superstar and will help open the floor for Vince.

Portland rids itself of a questionable off-court personality and gets a solid all around SF which they desparately need.  I like Jefferson's game alot also...only thing I find distasteful from him is his closeness to Bill Walton (because Jefferson & Luke went to school together).    ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues