Author Topic: Congratulations Lurker, X3, 101  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Congratulations Lurker, X3, 101
« on: June 14, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »
This was never in doubt, I can take solace in 2 things, Dallas got punk slapped and were a non issue in the post season, and if it wasn't the Lakers, at least it was a WC team, enjoy your victory, now you have 3 "legit" rings  ;D
Dan

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Congratulations Lurker, X3, 101
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:26:56 PM »
Yep, major props.  The Spurs took care of business yet again!  From top to bottom SA is a winning franchise.  If a player isn't a winner when he comes in, Pop and Timmy make them winners. 

Congrats!
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:02:38 AM »
Thanks, guys.

jn...re winner comment.  I liked the thing they said last night that 35 different players have won rings with Duncan.  Jordan "only" helped 30 different guys get rings.  IMO shows how well the Spurs front office works to keep Duncan surrounded with solid role players (and a star or two - DRob, Parker).  It is a shame they (Pop/Buford) have never won executive of the year.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:08:45 AM »
Congrats guys.

Circumstances were so that I didn't see the game last night, but I read the Spurs put on a pretty good show when the Cavs made their run.

They don't come any classier than Duncan and he's really been the "Bill Russell" to the ascension of this franchise.  I don't thinks the Spurs are quite done, yet, either.  I'm glad they gave the MVP to Tony Parker, also, he was my choice for Finals MVP (and that's whether you're talking just the Finals series or the entire playoffs).  He played some great basketball and the way his outside shot was working througout the playoffs, Chip Engelland better be a Groomsmen at his wedding or something.   :D
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:00:38 AM »
Spurs are clearly the class of the NBA, no team was ever able to mount an effective challenge to them in this postseason.

Although they are an older team, there's no sign of them slowing down either.  They'll still be in contention next season.

I particularly liked the way Manu stepped up at the end when the Cavs were trying to make it close, and the way he knocked down those free throws.

It was a lousy series, but that wasn't San Antonio's fault.  None of the games were ever in doubt.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 10:27:21 AM »
man still tired from late night out last night.

Glad we won, sorry Lebron about Lebroom, but atleast you got bryce Maximus to play with now.

Tony as MVP was great - and Manu SHOULD have been MVp the last time we won IMHO.  still though "get a room" lol

I heard ESPN was already downplaying our title wins.  My opinion is don't hate the Spurs, hate the EAST for having such crappy teams coming out to play us.  Cleveland was just not ready, I didn't think we would sweep them, but still - they were not ready.

I hopw we can win a few more....and I hope we con actually win a back to back finally as well.

8)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 10:43:07 AM »
Congrats to all our Spurs fans.  Four in 9 years, very impressive.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »
This was never in doubt, I can take solace in 2 things, Los Angeles Lakers got punk slapped and were a non issue in the post season, and if it wasn't the (Jazz/Warriors/Nuggets/Suns), at least it was a WC team, enjoy your victory, now you have 3/4 "legit" rings.

Danny will never learn.

Got to watch this game last night at McCormick & Schmick's with WOW and his expense account. Not sure which I liked better.

He forgot where his hotel was, then paid for valet parking (he thought it was safer then just paying a buck to use a meter outside) and expressed concern about my driving directions back to Roseville maybe taking him through a bad part of Sacramento.

How do you LA guys live with your environment down there, when you have to map out any local trip so you avoid the "bad" parts of town and only park if you can ensure your car will be safe? In Sacramento, they jack you out of your car at gunpoint at intersections like everywhere else, or shoot you at those so-called 'secure' parking lots with no witnesses. So street parking is better and cheaper.

But then, WOW had that expense account.....  

Most interesting aspect of watching the game was periodically hitting myself in the head with my pint of Guiness to keep me awake during this scintillating exhibition of of dodge ball. If only the Spurs could put their good fortune in opponents to bring about world peace.

I have had my breakfast, so I can safely say (without choking on anything) congratulations Spurs fans for your team's winning their fourth championship in (blub, blub) many years. Duncan's now has earned an official HOF moniker to go with his MVP status.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 12:44:04 PM »
I'm glad to hear your guys' date went pretty well.  8)

...but JoMaL, please, don't let WOW's expense account be the basis of the relationship.  There's a-lot more to that big goon.   :D
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 01:10:51 PM »

...but JoMaL, please, don't let WOW's expense account be the basis of the relationship.  There's a-lot more to that big goon.   :D

Expense account my ARSE!!  When the bar tab showed up JoMal suddenly had to go to the bathroom for 45 minutes.  I figured he bailed on me so I just paid the bill.

Anyway....congrats Spurs fans, it was ugly but the trophy is just as shinny.  Good core of guys and if they keep grabbing decent role players there could be a title or two down the road, the Spurs could cement themselves as a GOAT candidate with just ONE repeat, the problem is it's only going to get tougher if the Mavs grow a set of cajones or if the Suns can manage to keepy their players on the court for an entire series.

P.S.  JoMal doesn't "give it up" even if you pay for dinner!  Trick Tease!

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 01:46:35 PM »

Expense account my ARSE!!  When the bar tab showed up JoMal suddenly had to go to the bathroom for 45 minutes.  I figured he bailed on me so I just paid the bill.

Anyway....congrats Spurs fans, it was ugly but the trophy is just as shinny.  Good core of guys and if they keep grabbing decent role players there could be a title or two down the road, the Spurs could cement themselves as a GOAT candidate with just ONE repeat, the problem is it's only going to get tougher if the Mavs grow a set of cajones or if the Suns can manage to keepy their players on the court for an entire series.

P.S.  JoMal doesn't "give it up" even if you pay for dinner!  Trick Tease!

I was brought up understanding that if I was the invitee to a date, I don't pay and can say "no" if pressed for intimacy. Besides, WOW kept dropping his wad as if THAT would impress me. His roll of "Tiajuana Tender" looked much bigger in his pocket.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 05:08:21 PM »
Congrats Spurs fans!  Your team was really firing on all cylinders the second half of the season and in to the playoffs.  Very impressive playoff run this year and congrats on winning your 4th title.  A class orginization from top to bottom. 

I'm just bummed I'm not going to be able to listen to Pop's post game news conferences for another year ... I love the way that guy handle's the media  :D

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »
I'm just bummed I'm not going to be able to listen to Pop's post game news conferences for another year ... I love the way that guy handle's the media  :D

I just love his "soundbites" also.  He seems to approach most of th media questions with this "Are you stupid" look...followed by a no-holdback answer.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 06:15:48 PM »
I missed the entire game thanks to LA traffic lol  Props to the Spurs fans here aka The Laker's cousins according to Reality.

edit:  Jesus christ I didn't realize how horrible a game Lebron James had in game 4.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 06:19:47 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com