Author Topic: Portland might trade Oden for...  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Portland might trade Oden for...
« on: June 08, 2007, 01:03:02 PM »
Zig keep Oden I'm just having fun and/or asking what would it take to truly consider?
Some realistic ones might be...
(money geeks just roll with it)

Duncan for Oden and Roy.  I would absolutely consider it from Spurs point of v.  Portland ask for for more to surround Duncan with, like Parker.  No way. 
Durant, Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen.  (yes i know Lewis is FA, just roll with it).
Boozer, DWilliams and AK-47 if he breaks up with his girlfriend.
Kobe, Bynum, Odom for Oden.  No way, don't do it Portland.
Nash and Stoudamire for Oden. 
Yao, McGrady and....
Dwight Howard and .....naw no one else on Magic roster.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:05:06 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Portland might trade Oden for...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 05:58:31 PM »
I think it would be dumb to trade him for any of the stars that are on their way out or only 5 years away from being on their way out.

Why trade a Kobe, Duncan, Nash, or Yao for a guy who looks like he could be the next quality player that makes up the new era of the  NBA that includes Dwight Howard, Lebron James, etc ?  Not that it wouldn't be nice to have Duncan on the Trailblazers for guys like Ziggy but to me you are trading away 10 years for 4 (give or take)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:35:38 PM »
On the other hand, all of these guys are proven stars, what happens if Oden turns out to be an NBA bust?

If you're the Spurs and you win this season, you don't trade away your best player for an unproven Rookie that may take several years to develop.  By the time he's ready to contend the rest of the team will be too old.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 09:09:02 PM »
Garnett for ODen.

Amare for Oden

just some ideas....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:32:13 PM »
I wouldn't trade the pick for anyone, LeBron is the only one who is even close.  He may be a bust, but that is why you play the game.  If he is a bust then EVERYBODY is wrong about him, and I doubt that will be the case.  A player like this comes along maybe every 5 years, and you have a shot at a player like this maybe once every 25 years.  You go for it.

Garnett for Oden?  Not even if Minnesota paid all of Garnett's salary, and threw in 4 #1 picks.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 08:06:41 AM »
If I was Pritchard the only deal I would accept is Dwight for Oden.

Then I am trading a 10-15 year cornerstone for a similar player in age & skills.

Duncan?  15 vs 4 years...no brainer

KG?  15 vs 6 years and Oden has more upside IMO.

Amare?  Before the knee work - would depend on what I was looking for.  Offense - Amare. Defense - Oden

Bynum?  Close in age...but that's all

Yao?  I think Oden will be more dominant especially defensively.

Can't think of any other big man that would belong in this conversation.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues