Author Topic: Finals. Gm 1 prediction  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Finals. Gm 1 prediction
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:45:53 PM »
Game 1 da Spurs

Series Spurs 4-2 (Pop)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Finals. Gm 1 prediction
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 02:24:59 PM »
Game 1 - Spurs

Series - Spurs in 6
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 03:24:29 PM »
Game 1 Spurs by a big margin...I don't know if the Cavs quite understand the type of team they are facing right now.  This is not even the same Spurs team that we saw in the first round.

I'm going 4-1 on this series.  Every player on this Spurs squad is filling their role and doing very well.  You are hurting when the big 3 are on but when you include Fabs, Finley, Vaughn, Horry, and a few others bringing things here and there you are in serious trouble.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 07:04:19 PM »
I'm going with Cleveland in a squeaker. 

LeBron comes through in the end and the Cavaliers steal the first game. I expect a very physical battle in the paint, with Duncan getting his points, but having to work harder on both ends. 

The Spurs will have to choose whether to double LeBron or not, and if so, how.  When Detroit doubled him. he dealt out assists and the other players stepped up. In either case, the Spurs have to prove that they can stop Cleveland from scoring.

The Spurs success depends to a great extent on Parker, and if the Cavs can keep him out of the paint.  By controlling the boards, they can control when or if the Spurs can run.  Also, Ginobli who is so unpredictable, that he can break down defenses.  In their regular season games, the Cavs were able to keep the Spurs in check. 

I really think the starters should offset each other, with the Spurs bench having the edge in depth and talent.

But I think it will be the Spurs that have to find a way to adjust to the Cavs, because they match up so well. Cleveland naturally will put a lot of pressure on the Spurs than they've been used to.  The Cavs are physically bigger. That is what will give the Cavaliers the edge they need to win. 

This doesn't mean the Cavs win the series, either, just that LeBron is going to be irrepressible in game 1. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 09:39:12 PM »
Spurs + 12 in game 1.  Spurs in 6, possibly 5.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 05:44:40 AM »
Cavs will win the series in 5.  No way Stern allows the boring villians to trample all over his master plan.  Wade last year, James this year and Melo or Bosh next year.  Time to push out the old and (over) promote the new.

Duncan will be in foul trouble early, Pop will be in the lockerroom before halftime and Cleveland will win one of the most one-sided reffing jobs ever.  The favoritism that will be shown LBJ will make last year complaints about Wade look like a bunch of sissy whining.

In all honesty I see the series going 6.  I think Spurs will win the first 2 at home.  Cavs will win game 3 and the teams will split games 4/5.  Spurs will then close out at home in game 6.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 09:07:36 AM »
Spurs by low double digits tonight and 4-1 for the series.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »
Cavs will win the series in 5.  No way Stern allows the boring villians to trample all over his master plan.  Wade last year, James this year and Melo or Bosh next year.  Time to push out the old and (over) promote the new.

Duncan will be in foul trouble early, Pop will be in the lockerroom before halftime and Cleveland will win one of the most one-sided reffing jobs ever.  The favoritism that will be shown LBJ will make last year complaints about Wade look like a bunch of sissy whining.

In all honesty I see the series going 6.  I think Spurs will win the first 2 at home.  Cavs will win game 3 and the teams will split games 4/5.  Spurs will then close out at home in game 6.

If only it were true that you could count on the referees deciding the outcome of these important championship games. It would make it so much easier for us fans to balance team loyalties with betting lines.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 03:24:28 AM »

If only it were true that you could count on the referees deciding the outcome of these important championship games. It would make it so much easier for us fans to balance team loyalties with betting lines.