Author Topic: OT - JoMal  (Read 1954 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT - JoMal
« on: June 04, 2007, 05:58:48 PM »
What part of Sactown you be at?  Traveling there next week, might have some time for a beer if you are up for it.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: OT - JoMal
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 10:48:54 AM »
Dude! -

Depends on what day you will be here. If on the weekend, then I will be home in the Pocket area of South Sac, along the river. If during the week, I work downtown on L Street very near the Capital Building.

If during the week is the thing and you are near downtown, then I suggest lunch and a beer.

Let me know.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:17:33 PM »
I will in a town called Grass Valley on Thursday June 7th and a town called Roseville on Friday.  I fly into Sactown on Thursday and fly out Friday.  The work I need to do is not an all day thing either day, seems like Thursday evening or Friday lunch might work, you anywhere near the airport?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:28:59 PM »
I will in a town called Grass Valley on Thursday June 7th and a town called Roseville on Friday.  I fly into Sactown on Thursday and fly out Friday.  The work I need to do is not an all day thing either day, seems like Thursday evening or Friday lunch might work, you anywhere near the airport?

Grass Valley is about an hours drive north east of downtown Sacramento. You will drive down I-5 to I-80 to go east and therefore by-pass downtown Sacramento getting there. That will take you right by Arco, BTW, which is on I-5 on your left. Roseville is just on the Placer border across the county line from Sacramento and you will go through it on your way to Grass Valley. Roseville is about a twenty minute drive from downtown Sac. If it works for you, we could meet for dinner and drinks in downtown SacTown on Thursday evening. That would work best for me.

The airport is ten minutes, all freeway, from downtown. Are you staying out there?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:42:23 PM »

Grass Valley is about an hours drive north east of downtown Sacramento. You will drive down I-5 to I-80 to go east and therefore by-pass downtown Sacramento getting there. That will take you right by Arco, BTW, which is on I-5 on your left. Roseville is just on the Placer border across the county line from Sacramento and you will go through it on your way to Grass Valley. Roseville is about a twenty minute drive from downtown Sac. If it works for you, we could meet for dinner and drinks in downtown SacTown on Thursday evening. That would work best for me.

The airport is ten minutes, all freeway, from downtown. Are you staying out there?

I haven't picked a hotel yet.  My plant is take care of Grass Valley on Thursday and leave Roseville for Friday so I'm closer to the airport on my way back.  Thursday evening sounds good, can you give me a general idea, street address of a restaurant so I can pick a hotel.

Thanks.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 01:17:23 PM »

I haven't picked a hotel yet.  My plant is take care of Grass Valley on Thursday and leave Roseville for Friday so I'm closer to the airport on my way back.  Thursday evening sounds good, can you give me a general idea, street address of a restaurant so I can pick a hotel.

Thanks.

There are two very nice places close by. The Hyatt, on L Street, and the Sheraton on J Street. The restaurant I had in mind is McCormick & Schmick's, on the corner of 11th and J Streets - an easy walk from either. As I said, the airport is an easy 10 minute drive up I-5 from downtown, and there really is nothing out by the airport that is worth the money. But your business is in Roseville, though, on Friday, so you won't need to go back into downtown Sacramento afterwards if you plan to go straight to the airport, which is further away from Roseville anyway - probably as much as 45 minutes depending on traffic.   

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 01:25:14 PM »

Thanks.

There are two very nice places close by. The Hyatt, on L Street, and the Sheraton on J Street. The restaurant I had in mind is McCormick & Schmick's, on the corner of 11th and J Streets - an easy walk from either. As I said, the airport is an easy 10 minute drive up I-5 from downtown, and there really is nothing out by the airport that is worth the money. But your business is in Roseville, though, on Friday, so you won't need to go back into downtown Sacramento afterwards if you plan to go straight to the airport, which is further away from Roseville anyway - probably as much as 45 minutes depending on traffic.   

I don't get to pick my hotel, just the general location.  What's the address for McCormick & Schmick's?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 01:45:49 PM »

I don't get to pick my hotel, just the general location.  What's the address for McCormick & Schmick's?

It is on the corner of 11th and J streets in downtown Sacramento.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 02:14:30 PM »
What kind of food do you think you'll be ordering?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 02:31:50 PM »

The unual. Why? 

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 10:08:22 AM »

Probably seafood. They do a good job of it too. Mostly with the appetizers.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 04:03:22 PM »

A good location for hotels not far from the airport would be Jibboom Street just off I-5 and close to downtown. I forget the names but it is a good spot.

What time do you want to meet? I was thinking 6:00 pm at McCormich $ Schmick's, if you are up for seafood, though they have others things as well. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 05:20:17 PM »

A good location for hotels not far from the airport would be Jibboom Street just off I-5 and close to downtown. I forget the names but it is a good spot.

What time do you want to meet? I was thinking 6:00 pm at McCormich $ Schmick's, if you are up for seafood, though they have others things as well. 

Love seafood.  6:00 p.m. should work.  I'll be staying at the Courtyard Marriot in Roseville.  I should be done at Grass Valley by 2-3 p.m, that should give me enough time to get to downtown.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »

Love seafood.  6:00 p.m. should work.  I'll be staying at the Courtyard Marriot in Roseville.  I should be done at Grass Valley by 2-3 p.m, that should give me enough time to get to downtown.

Good. If you get there before me, grab a booth in the bar area. I will try to do the same. Otherwise...

I will get there around 6:00.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:23:58 PM by JoMal »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 05:52:48 PM »
Speaking of which....

Reality, what ever became of Dennis?  I remember meeting Dennis, you and one other person...painter dan?  Forgot his handle.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"