Author Topic: da Spurs  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
da Spurs
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:06:28 AM »
What can u say, came out smokin and 20 pt lead by halftime.
Redemption is now officially within their grasp. :D

Offline spursfan-101

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: da Spurs
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:47:27 AM »
Actually felt bad for Utah.

There was a debate on the SA Sports talk shows on whether to boo Fish when he entered the arena. Some callers actually called in to say they think we should. "We have to have Manus back."  Good think the majority of callers thought we should cheer him when he entered the building.  Shows there are idiots in every city.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:14:18 AM »
I dont feel bad for them.  It should have been Spurs vs Mavs in this series, IMO Jazz were lucky to make it this far.  But I was right with the Spurs winning in 5 games. 

Next round:

Spurs vs Detroit = Spurs in 5

Spurs vs Cavs = Spurs in 6

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:24:17 AM »
Congrats Spurs Fans.  

I love that Sloan benched everybody a couple minutes into the 3rd quarter--if you don't play hard, come take a seat--I don't care who are!  Sad to say that had we done more benching of Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur, and Matt Harpring, and replaced them with the likes of Paul Millsap, Rafael Araujo, and Gordan Giricek throughout the series: we might have given you more competition.  Araujo: out-sized, out-skilled, out-matched, and out-classed still had the presence of mind to take it to the basket and at least try and draw a foul--while Boozer shot fadeaways 'til his heart's content.  

On to the Finals where I predict either Detroit or Cleveland are BOTH lambs to the slaughter.  I haven't been impressed my a single Eastern playoff team for the entire playoff season.  

Okay so the last two series (Phoenix + Utah) I predicted SA in 5, unless the opponent plays really well, in which case 6.  Phoenix played really well, Utah didn't.  For the Finals (and once again this against whichever team comes out), SA will sweep the team unless they play really well, in which case SA will win in 5.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »
Spurs and Spurs affiliates,
The rest vs rust issue.
Do we care if Cleveland wins Gm 6?  Or are we pulling for Det to win and extend the series thereby putting more mileage on Det-Cleve?  A would-be Gm 7 would be June 4th.

Either way the Finals do not start until June 7th. 
So 3 days  to rest.  Is that enough rest to "undo" any would-be extra mileage acquired in Gm 7.

I'm happy the Spurs are in the Finals whether its vs The Lebrons or Det.