Author Topic: Kobe addresses Laker Nation on PMS Show.  (Read 4042 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kobe addresses Laker Nation on PMS Show.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »
...no way the Lakers get ANYTHING close to market value now that Kobe has SCREWED the Lakers with his public comments.  I can't imagine the Lakers doing much better than they did with Shaq on a Kobe trade.  
WOW speaks truth westkoast.  The Parker Scola Fabbs trade could actually be by far the best offer the Flakeshow gets.  Work in another Spurs salary if it will unbunch your panties on the dollar end.  Ely or Bonner.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 12:25:20 PM »
Could we please get back to actual basketball games and the playoffs?

Who cares what was said about resigning Shaq three years ago? If Buss said such and such to Kobe, we can repaint the past any color we want. It was done and he ain't going to come back.

After a while, you just get the feeling that attention has drifted onto LeBron James too much and Kobe needs to appear above the crease of the front of the sports page first to fulfill his ego.

The Ducks are vying for the Stanley Cup. Does SoCal care?

Should the Lakers trade Kobe? I think I have suggested that for over two years now, but everyone pooh-poohed the idea.

No wonder Buss was drunk driving the wrong way outside of LA with a 23 year old bimbo to handjob him over the stress.

Can the Lakers just go away until after the playoffs are over? Is that asking too much?

Tough luck JoMal, the Lakers are news any time of the year.

The WC playoffs are pretty much over and the EC has been pretty boring as the ratings are indicating.  Trading Kobe would be as big a disaster as the Shaq trade.  It's been poo poed because it's a bad idea, it's an even worse idea now.

I know it's tough for you considering the Kings would not make news if they went undefeated in the playoffs.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 12:53:28 PM »

Who cares what was said about resigning Shaq three years ago? If Buss said such and such to Kobe, we can repaint the past any color we want. It was done and he ain't going to come back.

After a while, you just get the feeling that attention has drifted onto LeBron James too much and Kobe needs to appear above the crease of the front of the sports page first to fulfill his ego.

Should the Lakers trade Kobe? I think I have suggested that for over two years now, but everyone pooh-poohed the idea.

No wonder Buss was drunk driving the wrong way outside of LA with a 23 year old bimbo to handjob him over the stress.

Can the Lakers just go away until after the playoffs are over? Is that asking too much?

The WC playoffs are pretty much over and the EC has been pretty boring as the ratings are indicating.  Trading Kobe would be as big a disaster as the Shaq trade.  It's been poo poed because it's a bad idea, it's an even worse idea now.

I know it's tough for you considering the Kings would not make news if they went undefeated in the playoffs.

Only in LA does anyone give a rat's behind about the Laker drama.  What does interest them is that Kobe may want out, and there are a number of teams that would like to work something out.  This is not Laker news, this is Kobe news.

I never knew that it was Buss that got rid of Shaq.  I can understand why Kobe is pissed that the team hasn't gotten enough talent since then.

The Lakers are a long way from being competitive and that makes Kobe unhappy.  That would make any decent player unhappy. 

Why should he keep quiet?  He's been putting up with Laker front-office inadequacies for years and he's clearly had enough of it. 

Kobe is the best player on the Lakers squad and if he goes, that will be one less decent player to lead them back to the playoffs. 

Right now Kobe is bigger than the Lakers.  There are a number of teams that he could make competitive right away.  Of course the Lakers will have to get something in return for Kobe, but that would be very difficult.  As with the Iverson trade last season, once your player wants out, the team looses leverage and is forced to accept what they can get.

It seems Kobe is putting the Lakers in that situation now for the same reason.  A team that's close and doesn't have to give up too much would love to have Kobe.  Maybe he wants to be reunited with his Big Buddy Shaq in Miami.  The Sixers would give LA Dalembert in a trade for Kobe. 

He could fit in well in Houston, Dallas, maybe even Denver.  Cuban should go after the Kobester.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 12:58:17 PM »

Yes, please.  How about those Jazz?  They're really something aren't they?

Exactly. 

Hide the women in Denver.

I'm sorry, the who are playing for what where? 

Besides me, you're the greatest. 

He was doing much crazier than that well before Kobe was even a glisten in a JellyBeans eye. 

No, it's not.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 01:10:30 PM »
Only in LA does anyone give a rat's behind about the Laker drama.  What does interest them is that Kobe may want out, and there are a number of teams that would like to work something out.  This is not Laker news, this is Kobe news.

Tons of people care about the Lakers, either becuase you love them or because you hate them, just look at attendance records, even before Kobe/Shaq, those are hard numbers not opinions.

I never knew that it was Buss that got rid of Shaq.  I can understand why Kobe is pissed that the team hasn't gotten enough talent since then.

Most people on this board knew that, glad you've caught up.

The Lakers are a long way from being competitive and that makes Kobe unhappy.  That would make any decent player unhappy. 

Why should he keep quiet?  He's been putting up with Laker front-office inadequacies for years and he's clearly had enough of it. 

He should keep quite to the PUBLIC cause it's the professional thing to do.  No doubt he should be screaming at the top of his lungs to the Lakers but he shouldn't even wisper about his problems to the public.

It seems Kobe is putting the Lakers in that situation now for the same reason.  A team that's close and doesn't have to give up too much would love to have Kobe.  Maybe he wants to be reunited with his Big Buddy Shaq in Miami.  The Sixers would give LA Dalembert in a trade for Kobe.

Very much doubt he ends up in Miami, they don't need Kobe and they don't have anything to give in return that they are willing to part with.  Why would Kobe want to goto a loser like Philly, Philly is a dump right now in a crappy conference so Philly is in effect a double loser. 

He could fit in well in Houston, Dallas, maybe even Denver.  Cuban should go after the Kobester.

Kobe would be a perfect fit in Dallas, he wont fit in Houston or Denver. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 01:13:53 PM »
Cuban should go after the Kobester.

Assuming that the Mavs could deal for Kobe without giving up Dirk...that would be worth paying to see.  Kobe calling out Dirk's lack of cajones.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 01:14:03 PM »

The WC playoffs are pretty much over and the EC has been pretty boring as the ratings are indicating.  Trading Kobe would be as big a disaster as the Shaq trade.  It's been poo poed because it's a bad idea, it's an even worse idea now.

Gee, WOW, if this type of Laker news boost your burrito, then more power to you.

Glad you think any Kobe trade is a bad idea, cus it would really be a shame to outsource your Laker issues to a new city where all that Kobego action goes down somewhere else. What a letdown that would be for you.    
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 01:19:43 PM »
Cuban should go after the Kobester.

Assuming that the Mavs could deal for Kobe without giving up Dirk...that would be worth paying to see.  Kobe calling out Dirk's lack of cajones.

That wouldn't happen cause Kobe would just be the cajones whenever they needed it.  If the Mavs could aquire Kobe and not lose Dirk they'd probably win a title in their first season together.  Terry, Howard and filler could do it and still give the Mavs a title.  Highly doubt Kobe stays in the West if he gets traded.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 01:24:23 PM »
Yes, please.  How about those Jazz?  They're really something aren't they?

At least they are still playing.

Hide the women in Denver.

From what I have seen, they are pretty much hidden.

I'm sorry, the who are playing for what where?  

SoCal. It is where the Lakers alledgedly play. And the Stanley Cup is named for that guy who found Livingston, so show some respect.

Besides me, you're the greatest.  

If I WERE beside you, my greatness would not rub off, but you would look pretty damned good, in comparison.

He was doing much crazier than that well before Kobe was even a glisten in a JellyBeans eye.

Never said what he was doing was crazy, just understandable.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 02:54:05 PM »
According to Kobe/Steven Smith, what drove Kobe over the edge was the LA times article saying Kobe got what he deserved/wanted.  It's been driving Kobe crazy that he gets blamed for Shaq being dealt out of L.A. and the fact that some Laker "insider" was fueling the flames of Kobe running Shaq out is what drove him over the edge.

IMO if the Lakers make a significant move to upgrade their roster Kobe will stay in L.A.  So far the Laker track record since West's departure has sucked, there is no expectation for the Lakers to do any better in the future unless there are some changes in the front office.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 03:11:35 PM »
IMO if the Lakers make a significant move to upgrade their roster Kobe will stay in L.A.  So far the Laker track record since West's departure has sucked, there is no expectation for the Lakers to do any better in the future unless there are some changes in the front office.
Oh let me grab us another Orange Mocha cappacino.  Could you repeat that WOW, i missed it?  Oh is sounded delicious.
Lets see, short of getting Kareem for Dave Meyers or Magic for Gail Goodrich how can the Lakers keep Kob?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 03:12:33 PM »
Kobe is now saying "trade me anywhere".  He doesn't care about winning, he just wants out of L.A.  He says the reason is the comments from the Laker "insider".  Wow!  He also says he's upset that the Lakers told him they are going to rebuild and be a contendor right away while at the same time telling PJ that the rebuilding process was a long term goal.

Props to Shaq for sticking up for Kobe even though Kobe ratted him out durring the Denver scandal.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 03:15:43 PM »
Oh let me grab us another Orange Mocha cappacino.  Could you repeat that WOW, i missed it?  Oh is sounded delicious.
Lets see, short of getting Kareem for Dave Meyers or Magic for Gail Goodrich how can the Lakers keep Kob?

Kobe said if West comes back he would probably stay.  Lots of options, he wants someone he can trust in the front office.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2007, 05:23:28 PM »
Call my psychic...earlier I said the story was going to change by tomorrow and it already changed.  5 minutes ago ESPN reported he did not want to be traded and retracted their comments, AGAIN
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 05:33:21 PM »
Call my psychic...earlier I said the story was going to change by tomorrow and it already changed.  5 minutes ago ESPN reported he did not want to be traded and retracted their comments, AGAIN 
Umm, a live interview with Stephen Smith?