Author Topic: Kobe addresses Laker Nation on PMS Show.  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe addresses Laker Nation on PMS Show.
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:04 PM »
An emotional Kobester Bryant, citing having "a headache" and other severly traumatic symptoms, shocked Laker Fans accross the globe in decribing how he has been told untruths by the Laker front office, which Bryant describes as a quote "mess".  Bryant appeared fittingly on the "PMS Show" of KLAC 570AM.

We are asking at this time that the public continue to assist in the emergency efforts to sooth the traumatic expirience that Laker Fans may be going thru.  Reality Inc. has donated 100,000 gallons of Laker Fog to the Southern California area.  More is being shipped nationally and internationally.  Laker Fog is made from organic red grapes.  When changed from liquid form to a spray application, it has been known to have a soothing effect on Laker Fans.  Reality Inc. spokeperson and CEO Reality said for immediate application to take two ounces of Laker Fog, put in a spray bottle and spritz thruout the home or apartment of Laker Fans.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Kobe addresses Laker Nation on PMS Show.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 09:14:56 PM »
Did you actually hear what he said?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:29:34 PM »
I heard a good portion of it WOW and all joking aside, he really went off on Front Office and Buss included.
I'm guessing a transcript will be available.  In short, he went back to 2004 where he says Buss told him that he (Buss) was letting Shaq go because he did not want to pay his salary.  He said he was told this the day before he (Kobe) signed his extension, because Buss wanted him to know.   Says he also talked to Phil when Phil got back.  He asked Phil what he was told re Laker plans both then and now, also he asked Phil what Lakers FO told him (Phil) regarding himself (Kobe).  Kobester says two completely different stories were told about plans for the Lakers.
He has quote "trust issues" with FO.

Kobester says he now is told (read, heard etc in addition to talking to Phil) that the Lakers all along (2004 forward) have had a long term plan as opposed to win now.  He was completely left out of the loop about any long term plan, that he has gone to Laker FO when Baron Davis wanted on, Ron Testy and Boozer.  He suggested they sign all three of them (at the time they were signable).  He now feels completely lied to that the Lakers all along had some "long term plan" that apparantly included not only keeping below the cap but not going after such players as mentioned.  Interviewer flat asked him where this leaves him with Lakers now and he says he does not know, this has him very concerned and voice wavering says he has "trust issues".  I can't remember his exact words but he most definitely inferred that his future with the Lakers was no longer a lock.  He says before when media said it was he who ran Shaq out of town he took that as just media spin, but now that an insider Laker source is being quoted (anonomously) as the source, Kobester says he thinks he knows who it is and he is not down at all.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:07:06 AM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 11:11:35 PM »
No way Portland will fall for this but.....
Kobe for Oden?

The Spurs won't either but
Kobe for GNob?  No.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:13:06 PM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 06:14:09 AM »
Kobe for GNob?  No.

Straight up?  I'll go and buy Kobe's plane ticket, his wife's and most of his entourage.

If I can save on air fare I'll toss in Barry, Udrih, Ely, and just about anyone else not named Duncan or Parker.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 08:58:37 AM »
Kobe for GNob?  No.

Straight up?  I'll go and buy Kobe's plane ticket, his wife's and most of his entourage.

If I can save on air fare I'll toss in Barry, Udrih, Ely, and just about anyone else not named Duncan or Parker.

No way the Lakers make ANY trade with the Spurs UNLESS it includes Lovely Locks Fabs!  Quote me on that beyotch!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 09:02:29 AM »
I heard a good portion of it WOW and all joking aside, he really went off on Front Office and Buss included.
I'm guessing a transcript will be available.  In short, he went back to 2004 where he says Buss told him that he (Buss) was letting Shaq go because he did not want to pay his salary.  He said he was told this the day before he (Kobe) signed his extension, because Buss wanted him to know.   Says he also talked to Phil when Phil got back.  He asked Phil what he was told re Laker plans both then and now, also he asked Phil what Lakers FO told him (Phil) regarding himself (Kobe).  Kobester says two completely different stories were told about plans for the Lakers.
Kobe says quote he has "trust issues" with FO.

Kobester says he now is told (read, heard etc in addition to talking to Phil) that the Lakers all along (2004 forward) have had a long term plan as opposed to win now.  Kobester says he was completely left out of the loop about any long term plan, that he has gone to Laker FO when Baron Davis wanted on, Ron Testy and one other player impact player.  Kobe says he suggested they sign all three of them (at the time they were signable).  He says he know feels completely lied to that the Lakers all along had some long term plan that apparantly included not only keeping below the cap but not going after such players as mentioned.  Interviewer flat asked him where this leaves him with Lakers now and he says he does not know, this has him very concerned.  I can't remember his exact words but he most definitely inferred that his future with the Lakers was no longer a lock.  He says before when media said it was he who ran Shaq out of town he took that as just media spin, but now that an insider Laker source is being quoted (anonomously) as the source, Kobester says he thinks he knows who it is and he is not down at all.

I'd actually like to hear what he said, I totally forgot to tune in.  Hopefully there will be some transcripts available soon.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »
I heard most of the replay of it on my way home from work last night.  I have a hard time feeling sorry for Kobe.  I've never blamed him for Shaq leaving and of course still don't.  His basic position was that the front office told him they were going to make moves to "win now" in the wake of the Shaq trade while at the same time they told Phil in his exit interview that they didn’t want to pay him big bucks because they had a long term plan.  Apparently Phil confirmed this in a telephone conversation with Kobe yesterday. 

Kobe, if you really believed the team wanted to “win now” at that point in time, wouldn’t you have stood up and said “then don’t trade Shaq?”  Again, I don’t think Kobe orchestrated the trade, but he certainly didn’t step up and say his re-signing would be contingent upon Shaq being re-signd.  I mean, who the hell else was available that was better than Shaq … even in his declining condition?  What player out there would enable you to “win now” more than Shaq, who at that time was still better than any other center in the league? 

Kobe is frustrated and I as a fan can more than relate.  But for once I wish he would keep his e’fing mouth shut to the gd media and be a man and discuss this behind closed doors.  I’m really just sick of all the drama.  I just want to enjoy the game and cheer for my team.  If I wanted to spend my time and money on drama I’d watch Days of Our Lives.  I love watching Kobe play the game; he does amazing things on the court.  Unfortunately he’s a completely detached narcissistic brat off of the court.  I was hoping to have a relaxing off-season (i.e. free of this malarkey) but now it looks like we’ll have to listen to this crap for the next 5 months.  Great. 

Hey, when is the next SA game?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 11:53:27 AM »
That was fast.  Now he's demanding a trade this a.m.  I figured it would happen eventually, but not this fast.  I'm so over it. 

On bright side ... I am going to get one phat seat upgrade this season!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 11:58:12 AM »
That was fast.  Now he's demanding a trade this a.m.  I figured it would happen eventually, but not this fast.  I'm so over it. 

On bright side ... I am going to get one phat seat upgrade this season!

Bryant asks for trade; says Buss mastermined trading O'Neal
ESPN.com news services

Updated: May 30, 2007, 1:04 PM ET
Comment
 Email
 Print
 The story lines that have engulfed the Los Angeles Lakers in the last week hit a crescendo Wednesday when Kobe Bryant said he would welcome a trade.

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryan said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

Earlier in the day, Bryant said team owner Jerry Buss masterminded the trade of Shaquille O'Neal -- and Shaq later confirming Kobe's account.

The issues between Bryant and the Lakers have reached a boil, beginning with Bryant voicing his displeasure with the club's direction, his suggestion that Jerry West should return to fix things, West's statement that he has no intention of undermining GM/good friend Mitch Kupchak, and, unrelated but bizarre in its timing, Buss' arrest early Tuesday for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Bryant was left "beyond furious" by a report in Tuesday's Los Angeles Times that read, "as a Lakers insider notes, it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from Shaquille O'Neal that got them in this mess."

Trade Kobe Bryant

Kobe Bryant wants to be traded from the Lakers. But why should NBA general managers have all the fun? Work out a deal for your team with our Trade Machine.

O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat after the 2003-04 season, and the long-held belief has been that the deteriorating relationship between O'Neal and Bryant was a factor in O'Neal's departure.

In response to the Times' story, Bryant, interviewed by Smith for a Philadelphia Inquirer column, said Buss "called a meeting with me after he spoke with Jim Gray [of ESPN] to talk with him about Shaq's future in the middle of the 2004 season.

"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here [in Los Angeles] across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant told Smith. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait.

"This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.' "

"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant told Smith. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."

Reached afterward, O'Neal told Smith that be believed his former teammate beyond reproach.

"I believe Kobe 100 percent," O'Neal said when reached in Los Angeles. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent.

"I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me."

Buss was unavailable for comment Tuesday, as was Kupchak. Buss, 74, was booked early Tuesday for investigation of drunken driving and driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or above.

The Lakers missed the playoffs in the first season after O'Neal was dealt for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant, and a first-round pick, and have been eliminated in the first round the last two seasons. O'Neal and the Heat won the NBA championship last season.

"Sure, Shaq and I had our issues," Bryant told Smith. "So what! We always did and we won three titles. That doesn't change what was told to me. It doesn't change the fact I never, ever, said to get rid of him."

While Bryant re-signed for $136 million for seven years the day after O'Neal was traded, he has pushed for trades -- he wanted Carlos Boozer, then Jason Kidd, then Ron Artest -- that the Lakers were unable to pull off. Meanwhile, Odom has undergone shoulder surgery but is expected to be ready for training camp in October, Kwame Brown has undergone reconstructive surgery on his left ankle and might not be ready for the start of camp.

And now Bryant, who reportedly has made it clear to the Lakers that he may see fit to terminate his contract in two years, told Smith he wouldn't continue to wait for Buss to build the roster around him.

"Promises made to make this team better have not been kept," Bryant told Smith. "So where does that leave me?"

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 12:04:27 PM »
*Whistles its a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

I wouldn't be suprised to see his stance change again in a few days or weeks.

But just to entertain the idea...KG for Kobe straight up?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 12:05:39 PM »
andyou guys thought ole Realitys dream to pair Manu and Kobester in the backcourt was merely talk.

Parker, Scola and Fabbs for Bryant.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
andyou guys thought ole Realitys dream to pair Manu and Kobester in the backcourt was merely talk.

Parker, Scola and Fabbs for Bryant.

Doesnt match money wise and the only team they will deal him to in the WC would have to be Minny.

Although I don't know if a trust this report because I don't see how he magically has shown up in NY to do a radio show after being in Cali last night.  Unless he got a flight out of LAX at 3 am he never would have made it to the show on time.  I guess he could have called in but I don't see why exactly.  Not something his agent would have lined up.

""He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here [in Los Angeles] across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant told Smith. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait."

Well unless they botched the report badly it sounds made up....The Island Hotel across the street from Fashion Island is in Newport Beach...not anywhere near LA and it wasn't a four seasons.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:14:26 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 12:14:16 PM »
There is no player in the league that will get the Lakers any further than Kobe has done.  LeBron is the closests but what he improves the Lakers with, passing/court vision, he gives up in defense and scoring.  With the current roster, KG or any other big will not help the Lakers out.  TD is the closest to turning the Lakers around with the current roster, if healthy he's probably the best option but no way the Lakers get ANYTHING close to market value now that Kobe has SCREWED the Lakers with his public comments.  I can't imagine the Lakers doing much better than they did with Shaq on a Kobe trade.  The Lakers are really screwed unless they can aquire a marquee player to play along side Kobe in the next two seasons, based on how quickly things are escalating they may need to work something out this off season or by the trade deadline.

P.S. F Kobe, the Lakers are bigger than him.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »
Could we please get back to actual basketball games and the playoffs?

Who cares what was said about resigning Shaq three years ago? If Buss said such and such to Kobe, we can repaint the past any color we want. It was done and he ain't going to come back.

After a while, you just get the feeling that attention has drifted onto LeBron James too much and Kobe needs to appear above the crease of the front of the sports page first to fulfill his ego.

The Ducks are vying for the Stanley Cup. Does SoCal care?

Should the Lakers trade Kobe? I think I have suggested that for over two years now, but everyone pooh-poohed the idea.

No wonder Buss was drunk driving the wrong way outside of LA with a 23 year old bimbo to handjob him over the stress.

Can the Lakers just go away until after the playoffs are over? Is that asking too much?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."