Author Topic: We won, we won  (Read 3869 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
We won, we won
« on: May 22, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »
I cannot believe it.  I am glad I don't have to make the pick.  No matter who we get we are going to be way better, and I will be thrilled with either guy, Oden or Durant.  I think we will be trading Zach to try and get a top flight SF, and move Aldridge to the PF, and will end up taking Oden.

I am so glad the Boston didn't get a top pick.  Serves them right for tanking at the end.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:37:50 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: We won, we won
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 09:13:39 PM »
Congrats.  Portland could be completely revitalized by this.

Rockets getting Rick Adleman.

The West just keeps getting better.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 09:33:52 PM »
Congrats Portland...hmmm Boston getting snubbed at the lottery pick.  This sounds familiar, and in a year when a hyped up big man is expected to go first...is this Tim Duncan all over again??!  I hope it works out for you guys.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:28:34 PM »
Congrats, ziggy.  Also to any closet Sonic fans.  Top 2 picks to the Pacific northwest...should the east just be disbanded?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:32:36 PM »
Congrats.  Portland could be completely revitalized by this.

Rockets getting Rick Adelman.

The West just keeps getting better.

The West gets both Oden and Durant (Seattle).  This also has the making of an interesting rivalry going forward.  We have Roy and Webster both from Seattle, as well as the #1 pick, and Seattle has the #2 pick.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:38:19 PM »
Congrats, ziggy.  Also to any closet Sonic fans.  Top 2 picks to the Pacific northwest...should the east just be disbanded?

Thanks Lurker

AA Mil

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 11:54:48 PM »
Yeah Ziggy, this is big for you.  Way to go Portland--it won't be long before those glory days return.  Doesn't it make you giddy thinking of the possibilities:

Jack
Roy
Lewis (sign and trade w/ Seattle involving Randolph)
Aldridge
Oden

OR

Jack
Roy
Durant
Randolph
Aldridge

This has to have that whole town in a delirium.  I'm glad though because Portland has some awesome fans. 
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 01:26:28 AM »

They will more than likely be the Oklahoma city Sonics after next year...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 08:44:51 AM »
Cograts Zig, now don't blow it!
Dan

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 09:07:34 AM »
First, a big congrats to Ziggy.  Don't guess, Portland - TAKE ODEN.  Move Jamal Magloire in a sign-and-trade if you can, eat the contract of Darius Miles, and trade Randolph.

I liked Skander's idea of trading for Lewis, but I think I have a different take, since Portland would rather not have Randolph just down the road...send him to New Jersey for RICHARD JEFFERSON.  You can even include Jamal Magloire in a sign-and-trade.  That fixes the problem New Jersey has for not having big people, and Portland gets Jefferson, who I think is highly underappreciated.  Plus, I think Jefferson is a better defender than Lewis.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 09:50:17 AM »
Props Ziggy when I was watching them pull the card your name popped up in my head.

ESPN was saying last night that the league may suffer by the top 2 picks going to the WC and the pacific northwest.  I don't see what the big deal is but I guess they are saying those caliber players should have went to big markets.  IMO the big markets will always be big markets, developing smaller ones is more important to the NBA.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 10:05:48 AM »
ESPN was saying last night that the league may suffer by the top 2 picks going to the WC and the pacific northwest.  I don't see what the big deal is but I guess they are saying those caliber players should have went to big markets.  IMO the big markets will always be big markets, developing smaller ones is more important to the NBA.

I think what they mean is from a marketing point of view the east & midwest won't see a lot of Oden/Durant on TV.  Games that don't start until 10:30/9:30 don't attract a lot of viewers from those time zones.  But I expect to see Portland (what a solid young team) playing on Xmas (vs Cleveland?) and several Sundays next year.  The NBA will find a way to get those guys in front of the viewers.

Also you have the stronger conference getting stronger.  Two (potential) franchise players both going to the west.  Although I'm not sure if Durant really helps Seattle since he duplicates their 2nd best player already.  Durant in place of Lewis is not going to propel the Sonics past the Blazers or Jazz in their division.  Jerry West is griping but the #4 pick should help the Grizzlies a lot along with Gasol's health.  I don't see the Hawks (#3) or Celtics (#5) really improving with the draft...bad front offices.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 10:49:50 AM »
Actually, I'm expecting a nuclear meltdown in Atlanta when the Hawks front office decides to pass once again on the point guard they need - this time, Conley.

I'm betting they take Yi.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 11:13:24 AM »
First, a big congrats to Ziggy.  Don't guess, Portland - TAKE ODEN.  Move Jamal Magloire in a sign-and-trade if you can, eat the contract of Darius Miles, and trade Randolph.

I liked Skander's idea of trading for Lewis, but I think I have a different take, since Portland would rather not have Randolph just down the road...send him to New Jersey for RICHARD JEFFERSON.  You can even include Jamal Magloire in a sign-and-trade.  That fixes the problem New Jersey has for not having big people, and Portland gets Jefferson, who I think is highly underappreciated.  Plus, I think Jefferson is a better defender than Lewis.

I would be stunned if we didn't take Oden.  The basic equation is replacement level options.  Which will be easier to find, a SF/Wing to pair with Oden, or a big to pair with Durant.  That answer is very obvious, you take Oden and make a move for a SF/Wing.  I hadn't been in a good argument for a while need to get my juices flowing, but Oden is about as close to a sure thing as you can get.

There was actually a lot of talk around the trade deadline about a Magloire + players for Jefferson deal.  The Blazers have a very valuable asset in Randolph that could get them that SF type they need, and they also have Magloire's expiring contract through a sign and trade.  I also believe they will be very willing to sweeten the deal by throwing in Webster.

At this pint there are 3 untouchable Blazers, Oden, Aldridge, and Roy.  Everyone else could be had a deal, and they will consider every possible one before they do anything.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »
But adding Durant to Aldridge will make Portland the Longhorns of the Northwest.

If Portland doesn't pick Oden they should be banned from any future #1 picks.
-Moody Blues