Author Topic: Will Chicago upset Detroit?  (Read 2020 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Will Chicago upset Detroit?
« on: May 17, 2007, 06:32:14 PM »
When the series started I watched the first game and saw the Bulls were flat and had no fight in them.

When they went down 3-0 I figured the series was over.  Apparently so have the Pistons.  They have now lost 2 in a row to the Bulls.

This is not the way a Championship team behaves.  When you have an opponent down, you close them out ASAP. 

Loosing one opportunity isn't a big deal, as anything can happen in a game. But when the opponent wins 2 in a row, they start to believe in themselves.

Chicago is now energized and Detroit is in trouble.  I expect the Bulls to tie up the series tonight at home. 

Since I have such contempt for Chris Webber who played like a sick puppy in Phila.  I would love to see the Bulls win the series. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will Chicago upset Detroit?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 06:49:50 PM »
I saw a quarter or so of Gm 3 where the Bulls blew a 15 pt lead.  They were absolutely listless, i thought it was Gm 4 and Det was up 3-0 and the Bulls were just tanking.

Quarter of Gm 5 i saw an entirely different team.
I thought under Skiles the Bulls were consistent if anything.  Now i don't know what to expect.
Go Bulls.  I hope they prove lurker wrong on the value of a Nazdawg for 20 minutes.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 07:05:47 PM »
If the Pistons lose this series, Flip Saunders will go down as the worst playoff coach in NBA history.  Probably not a fair assessment, but it won't look good for him. 

I'm just glad it's becoming a decent series ... same goes for the NJ/Clev.  The east was horribly boring for a while there ... it's nice to see a little competitiveness now. 

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 08:54:04 PM »
Rick, I'm sure WOW will learn how to spell intellect when you starting learning how to spell "lose", as in the Suns will "lose" this series or "losing", as in JoMal is "losing" his mind over a series that ended 5 years ago.

Other than that and your basketball knowledge, I is sure you be very teligint.
Dan

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »
Maybe, but if you're going to edumacate me you may as well spell it correctly as in this sentence.

The Bulls lost the series to the Pistons in six games.  or  The Spurs will loose their series against the Suns.

Note how the verb loose changes when referred to as something that may happen in the future or has happened in the past.

Very disappointed in Chicago.  They were very inconsistent with their outside shooting in the series.  When the shots were falling, their superior team speed made them a better team than Detroit.  Unfortunately, Gordon and Heinrich lacked the inner confidence that would enable them to make those open shots.  They knocked them down with great regularity during the season, and against Miami. Detroit deserves some credit for their tenacious defense, but Chicago is actually quick enough in their offense to create open looks.  Shooting under pressure is very different from shooting when you have a lead.  (Weird aspect of human nature here) 

The hard part of this is that most teams are incapable of applying that kind of pressure, so Chicago wasn't used to executing under those conditions.  It will take Chicago getting better or Detroit getting older and slower for the Bulls to prevail in a series with the Pistons. 

Maybe the Lebrons will have better luck.  But they too, lack consistency, since their inside presence should make them a lock over the donut-like Nets.  At least if they get to match up against Detroit, Lebron and Co. will be able to match beef against beef, and I will take Lebron over Rasheed.  It may turn out to be another series where the younger team lacks the seasoning and patience to overcome the veterans.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 10:52:50 AM »
Maybe, but if you're going to edumacate me you may as well spell it correctly as in this sentence.

The Bulls lost the series to the Pistons in six games.  or  The Spurs will loose their series against the Suns.

Note how the verb loose changes when referred to as something that may happen in the future or has happened in the past.

Sorry rick...the verb is: lose, lost.  You either win or lose.  You have either won or lost.

Loose is the opposite of tight.  As in this sentence...I think you have a screw loose.   ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 10:57:54 AM »
I tried watching some of the 4th and it was a snoozefest.
Well i take that back, when 'Sheed got T'd up i thought a little door of opportunity opened for the Bulls but they were clanking everything.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 05:07:44 PM »
Rick Rick Rick, that was easily the most incorrect explanation of past/present.future tense usage of the word loose (or any other word for that matter) I have ever heard. Now, if it were a vato en la varrio, like WOW for example, saying "duude, dose Spurs are gonna loose to dose Suns", you might have an argument, otherwise...
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 05:53:23 PM »
Rick, I'm sure WOW will learn how to spell intellect when you starting learning how to spell "lose", as in the Suns will "lose" this series or "losing", as in JoMal is "losing" his mind over a series that ended 5 years ago.

Other than that and your basketball knowledge, I is sure you be very teligint.

Dan -

We all have choices in life.

I chooooose to loooooose my mind over a series that never ended 5 years ago.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 06:41:35 PM »
Dan -

We all have choices in life.

I chooooose to loooooose my mind over a series that never ended 5 years ago.

Bitter, bitter, bitter old (muuuuuch older than me) man, to quote the legendary Paul McCartney, Ob La Di, Ob La Da, Life goes on
Dan