Author Topic: Boy, 5, Brings Bag of Marijuana 2 school  (Read 2279 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Boy, 5, Brings Bag of Marijuana 2 school
« on: March 23, 2004, 12:18:33 PM »
WOW...please tell your kid to stop.:lol:

Boy, 5, Brings Bag of Marijuana To Elementary School
Child Spotted Sprinkling Drug Over Friend's Lasagna

MIAMI -- Police say a 5-year-old boy brought a bag of marijuana to school and was sprinkling it over a friend's lasagna at the school cafeteria before a monitor intervened.

Police say it is unclear whether the kindergartner at Gratigny Elementary School even knew he was carrying the drugs on Monday.

The lasagna was confiscated before the other boy had a chance to eat it.

Initially, the boy, who had tried to hide the bag with his feet when the monitor approached him, "may have said it was oregano," said Mayco Villafana, spokesman for Miami-Dade County Public Schools.

"The boy is not going to be charged," Villafana said. "The focus is on the child's environment and what issues could have led to a child having a bag of marijuana in school."

The family of the kindergartner who had the marijuana is under the scrutiny of school police and state child-welfare authorities.

School police took the matter to the state attorney's office and in addition to speaking with the boy's family, police are looking into whether an older friend asked the boy to hold the plastic bag. The case was also referred to Florida's Department of Children and Families, Villafana said.

After speaking with police, the boys were allowed to return to their kindergarten class. Both sets of parents were contacted about the police inquiry. No names were released.
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 01:05:31 PM »
No joke, my house in San Diego was raided by the DEA and local police.  Apparently the renter was part of a big ring of pot growers.  They rented around 20 houses in the area, they used a bunch of front men with good records and credit ratings to get leases on properties.  

I'm really peeved because my house in SD is really nice and I trusted AND PAID a property managment company to handle the house and avoid things like this.  So far the estimate on damages to my house is around $4,800.00.  There is about $3200.00 in security and cleaning deposits that will offset most of the cost but I'm still really pissed.

Check it out:

Before you ask, NO I did not keep any of that leftover pot (goddarn cleaning crew! :angry: )

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 01:17:24 PM »
Man WoW, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. Do you have any redress against the renters or the management company?

I'm considering renting my basement out this summer. Is it worth it?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 01:39:21 PM »
Man WoW, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. Do you have any redress against the renters or the management company?

I'm considering renting my basement out this summer. Is it worth it?
Just the security deposit.  I also had my insurance company take a look at the property to see if they would cover the damages.

It's worth renting if you can keep an eye on it.  If you can't you could also require that the tenants pay for renters insurance but don't leave it up to them to pay for it, make it part of the monthy payment and pay it yourself.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 09:28:50 PM »
Here's the story involving my house, those bastards!

http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/news/2941682/detail.html
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 08:45:04 AM »
That royally sucks, WayOut.

Obviously, you have the folks who were doing the growing that you can go after, and I think you could make a good case against the property management company - ESPECIALLY if they rented *ALL* of the houses involved.  Heck, all you really need to do is suggest that tie, and they'll likely cough up the expenses.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 10:39:59 AM »
That royally sucks, WayOut.

Obviously, you have the folks who were doing the growing that you can go after, and I think you could make a good case against the property management company - ESPECIALLY if they rented *ALL* of the houses involved.  Heck, all you really need to do is suggest that tie, and they'll likely cough up the expenses.
The prop management company wasn't involved but they were somewhat neglagent in regards to checking this guy out.  The did not handle this situation very well and I'm very upset with them at this point.

I have 15 days from the date of the incident to file a claim against the funds/property that siezed in the raids.  Damage to my house was about 5K but I lost 6 months worth of rent because they rented to these clowns instead of a legit person(s).  I'll be getting a lawyer here pretty soon, within the next two days.

If it had been crystal meth they would have siezed the house and I would have to goto to court to get it back.  Most people end up losing houses that get siezed because they can't make the payments while they're fighting in court.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 09:22:37 AM »
Pretty appalling pictures, WOW.  :o  Any idea how much of the damage was caused by the tenants themselves, and how much was caused by the police during the raid?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 03:06:34 PM »
Pretty appalling pictures, WOW.  :o  Any idea how much of the damage was caused by the tenants themselves, and how much was caused by the police during the raid?
Not really, but the most costly damages, water damage, was definately caused by the tennants.

It's looking to be about 4-5K in damages.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"