Author Topic: Utah/Golden State series renamed.  (Read 2192 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Utah/Golden State series renamed.
« on: May 10, 2007, 12:20:53 AM »
Henceforth this is the "Anarchy  in the U.K" series.   Between the haircuts of Barnes, AK, Giresek, and the Biedins (sp?) this looks looks like a Clash concert circa 1977. 

Anyway I am officially on the Utah bandwagon now.  I think the Spurs will win and that's fine.  More power to TD.  The Suns are massively entertaining and I'd be happy for Flip if the Pistons won.  Nevertheless it would be so unbelievable if Sloan got a championship via Boozer and Williams emerging that I have to pull for them. 

Huge props to Fisher tonight.  I liked him when he came into the league, then got tired of the flopping and after tonight's clutch play under terrible circumstances I am definitely a fan again.  Williams was amazing again tonight in the face of Baron Davis' scoring onslaught but Fisher made some HUGE plays down the stretch as well. 

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Utah/Golden State series renamed.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:36:14 AM »
Henceforth this is the "Anarchy  in the U.K" series.   Between the haircuts of Barnes, AK, Giresek, and the Biedins (sp?) this looks looks like a Clash concert circa 1977. 

Anyway I am officially on the Utah bandwagon now.  I think the Spurs will win and that's fine.  More power to TD.  The Suns are massively entertaining and I'd be happy for Flip if the Pistons won.  Nevertheless it would be so unbelievable if Sloan got a championship via Boozer and Williams emerging that I have to pull for them. 

Huge props to Fisher tonight.  I liked him when he came into the league, then got tired of the flopping and after tonight's clutch play under terrible circumstances I am definitely a fan again.  Williams was amazing again tonight in the face of Baron Davis' scoring onslaught but Fisher made some HUGE plays down the stretch as well. 

I was watching the game but couldn't here the sound, why did they keep showing Fisher in the tunnel?  Durring the game they kept showing him walking through the tunnel, what gives?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:45:55 AM »
Anyway I am officially on the Utah bandwagon now.

YES, another joins the cause.  Come into the light, glorious jn.  Bask in the Jazziness of your non-corporeal basketball fan. 

The Jazz were awesome--I'd say Deron (pronounced: DER-un) Williams is becoming a household name right before our very eyes.  Andrei Kirilenko playing Point-Forward in the 1st quarter.  Some of the passes he was making were just--I mean absolutely beaut--amazing angles he was fin..........let's just say I had to clean up after myself a half dozen times. 

GO JAZZ! 
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 09:56:46 AM »
W.O.W

Derek Fisher's daughter had a rare form of cancer that came close to taking her life.  They flew to NY for surgery and after the surgery he flew back to SLC.  With his wifes permission he showed up for the game and made a HUGE impact.  Just a little bit of everything...tough D, a CLUTCH 3, etc.  Then when interviewed the guy after the game since he hit the biggest shot.  He takes half the interview up to put out there that parents need to get their children checked out for this rare cancer before it is too late.  The other half was talking about his family and god.  He is just an amazing guy all around.  When he showed up all his friends on GS walked up to him and gave him alot of love.

I wouldn't say I am on the Utah bandwagon but their execution is very impressive.  For a few guys who have never been (Williams, Boozer) they are playing like vets.   One would have to assume that is thanks to Jerry Sloan's coaching.   Both games they stayed calm and collected on route to snatching a victory away from GS.  Last night the game was all in GS favor with 50 seconds to go and Derek Fisher flat out changed the game.

Props do have to be given to GS for battling and making the games entertaining.  They go down by 12 and just come roaring back.  Go down by 4 then 6 come back.  Over and over.  I am suprised Utah didn't get tired having to battle those surges.  The problem though is they don't have the same discipline that Utah does and it has showed at the end of both games.  They don't really to seem to have much of a game plan as a team.  Seems like alot of very talented one on one players who take turns on who jacks up a 3 or goes to the rim.  Very little set plays, very little ball movement.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 10:26:30 AM »
Anyway I am officially on the Utah bandwagon now.

YES, another joins the cause.  Come into the light, glorious jn.  Bask in the Jazziness of your non-corporeal basketball fan. 

The Jazz were awesome--I'd say Deron (pronounced: DER-un) Williams is becoming a household name right before our very eyes.  Andrei Kirilenko playing Point-Forward in the 1st quarter.  Some of the passes he was making were just--I mean absolutely beaut--amazing angles he was fin..........let's just say I had to clean up after myself a half dozen times. 

GO JAZZ! 

Dang! And all this time, I was pronouncing it Ree-CHARD. Thanks for the heads up, Skandery. But if he is becoming a household name right before our very eyes, what do they call him when he goes back to his own home?

And I know exactly how you feel about cleaning up after yourself. My wife gets on me all the time about that. When she passes the potatoes...or gas...I....I. Let's just say we BOTH have to clean ourselves up after that.   
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 07:41:30 PM »
Props to Fisher and all but to any who saw the end of reg, after a back n forth entire game, mega props by Golden for the 9-0 burst to take a 5 point lead.  Specifically the step back trey by Richardson was nails. 
Then, the final :52 seconds a total choke job.  Baron Davis needing to merely hold the ball and let clock run until Utah either fouls or not, instead doing a basically unforced step out of bounds followed by 2 missed FTs by Pietrus and then finally another missed FT by Davis  at :09 to keep the lead at 2 instead of 3.  Eliminate any one of those 4 goofs and Golden seals the deal. 

After that Utah looked entirely rejuvinated and Golden knew they blew it, it was over, deflated.
Swishers trey in OT was with Utah up 3.  A big shot but hardly game deciding like the media is spinning it.

Skandery if you were watching this, Don Nelson and GS so reminded me of Marty Shot.  Whole last :42 just had an aouro after the Marty i mean Don timeout.  Playing not to lose and stressed out as if they did not have the lead.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 11:12:38 AM »
Props to Fisher and all but to any who saw the end of reg, after a back n forth entire game, mega props by Golden for the 9-0 burst to take a 5 point lead.  Specifically the step back trey by Richardson was nails. 
Then, the final :52 seconds a total choke job.  Baron Davis needing to merely hold the ball and let clock run until Utah either fouls or not, instead doing a basically unforced step out of bounds followed by 2 missed FTs by Pietrus and then finally another missed FT by Davis  at :09 to keep the lead at 2 instead of 3.  Eliminate any one of those 4 goofs and Golden seals the deal. 

After that Utah looked entirely rejuvinated and Golden knew they blew it, it was over, deflated.
Swishers trey in OT was with Utah up 3.  A big shot but hardly game deciding like the media is spinning it.

Skandery if you were watching this, Don Nelson and GS so reminded me of Marty Shot.  Whole last :42 just had an aouro after the Marty i mean Don timeout.  Playing not to lose and stressed out as if they did not have the lead.

It wasn't game deciding?  They cut it to 3 and he pushes it to 6 with 50 seconds to go and it is not game deciding?  No one else scored outside of the FT line.  That 3 was a dagger.  Don't be angry that both Robert Horry and Derek Fisher ex-Lakers you use to hate are hitting game changing shots.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:15:57 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 11:55:18 AM »
B-Rad which is more truthful?

a.  You saw then end of reg the last two minutes -all of it.

b.  You only saw sportcenter.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 12:27:18 PM »

c. You only read the box score.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 12:32:43 PM »

c. You only read the box score.
d.  I have it all on tape but all invitations to view will result in hiding.

The tape, Nooo! anything but the tape!!
(Can you put a Laker logo on his forehead, i don't have time to 'chop)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 12:37:41 PM by Reality »