Author Topic: Almost game time...  (Read 3803 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Almost game time...
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 01:16:19 PM »
The refs certainly did not favor the Spurs, and Barbosa definitely fouled Parker on the inbounds play  at 107-106 that DiAntoni is whining about.  They tangled and then Parker definitely attempt to and was breaking away from Barb.  Barb simply put his elbow into Parkers side and kept running till Parker tipped over.  While Parker may have helped the fall, total contact with Barbosa initiating and contuing thruout.

A near "must win" for Phx in Gm 2? :D

I agree with your take on that call.  Barbosa's left arm came away from his body.  With the speed both of them were traveling at a simple shove is going to cause you to fly.  I think that is why D'Antoni thought he flopped.  Either way, Barbosa's arm clearly came away from his body and knocked Tony Parker off course.  If they didn't make that call it would have been a 5 second violation on the Spurs, so IMO there couldn't have been a no call.

Must win for PHX in game 2?  Yes.  You can't go down 2-0 heading into SA home turf.  Even if they get lucky enough to split they would still be down 3-1.  The Spurs are not the Lakers so coming back from 3-1 against them is California Lottery type odds.  The Suns can get away with running and gunning against most other teams, eventually they will score and in bunches.  With SA you could go dry and stay dry for long periods of time.  The defense and physical play is going to be too much for them.  I expect them to win two games but wouldn't be suprised to see this go 5.

The Spurs execution right now is pretty damn impressive.  You cannot enjoy basketball and not give it up to everyone on the squad including "Popacement" and the coaching staff.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 01:20:48 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 01:56:19 PM »
westkoast
The Spurs execution right now is pretty damn impressive.  You cannot enjoy basketball and not give it up to everyone on the squad including "Popacement" and the coaching staff.
Great but only one game in this Phx series.  They won Gm 1 vs Dallas last year. :-\
Also did you see the 4 Down (Stand n Veg) play(s) were Duncan stood and held for 5 seconds, actually got stripped clean a couple times?
Duncans post game comments of (para) "We were happy to get 111 but we would rather have it in the 90s or better yet 80s" gives me shivers.  Keep up the D, but do NOT slack on the O vs Phx or for that matter any opponent.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »
In a game this tight you could say that was the difference, but the Suns still had every chance and blew it, and the Spurs took the game.

I guess contradicting yourself in the same sentence is the norm now.

Only for morons who can't understand sentence structure!  The implication or meaning of the sentence is that the refs had nothing to do with the outcome.

Does that make it clear enough for you? 

Maybe next time your little brain will try to think it through before coming to idiotic assumptions.

In a game this tight you could say that was the difference

Hmmmmm....let me read it again.....

In a game this tight you could say that was the difference

Hmmmm........

but the Suns still had every chance and blew it, and the Spurs took the game.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay......

I guess I'll have to put an ADDITIONAL idiot filter on your posts.  I'll put an "implication" filter on it as well, since you're not posting what you mean I'll have to figure out what you mean by your post.

Your problem is reading comprehension!  Whenever there are two seemingly contradictory statements in a sentence, it is the later part of the sentence that accurately reflects the intent of the author. 

Maybe you should refrain from reading my posts until you actually get an education, or become familiar with various literary styles. I posted exactly as I intended it, to reflect my belief that the Suns blew the game, without posting it that way. 

Apparently that style was over your head.  Sorry, but I'm only going to dumb down my comments if it's necessary for the majority.  Only you and reality seemed to miss the point, but that OFTEN seems to be the case!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
westkoast
Great but only one game in this Phx series.  They won Gm 1 vs Dallas last year. :-\
Also did you see the 4 Down (Stand n Veg) play(s) were Duncan stood and held for 5 seconds, actually got stripped clean a couple times?
Duncans post game comments of (para) "We were happy to get 111 but we would rather have it in the 90s or better yet 80s" gives me shivers.  Keep up the D, but do NOT slack on the O vs Phx or for that matter any opponent.

One game vs PHX and 4 against Denver.  All their wins that I have seen so far in the playoffs have come by executing down the stretch the way they need to.  Tough defense and some nice baskets by Horry, Duncan, Parker, and Finley to name a few.    Both Denver and the Suns are offensive minded teams.  Both look like they are going to have issues overcoming the defense of the Spurs.  SA is  no slouch on the offensive end with 60+ points on the Duncan and Parker inside-outside game.  Defense wins championships.  If offense won championships Dirk and Nash would be

Personally I would give up minutes of what you call "stand n veg" (and what I call controlling tempo) to those same plays.  I think you have to live with the fact that the ball could be stolen or Duncan may miss a shot.    What you get in return in the long run is high % shots, the tempo in SAs favor, and pressure on Stoudamire/Thomas.  If anything I'd say the last would be pretty important.  The best defender on that squad is actually Stoudamire. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 03:34:06 PM by westkoast »

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 05:22:44 PM »
The Spurs were never out of the game yesterday.  The Suns never got out on the fast break, and although they executed well, they missed more of their shots than the Spurs.

On top of that, the Spurs controlled the boards and made the shots when they needed them. 

The Suns aren't out of it yet, there were enough positives in that game that you have to wonder what would have happened if Nash was able to play in that last minute. 

About the only thing that went right for the Suns was the pace of the game.  Denver couldn't force the Spurs to score like that, but the Suns efficiency could.  It's not that the Spurs can't score that much, but they would prefer not to. 

The Suns will have to find a way to defend better to keep Duncan and Parker under control, and they will have to find a way to rebound enough to keep the Spurs from getting an advantage.

D'Antioni needs to run some plays to expose the illegal defense the Spurs are using.  They are clogging the lane and preventing anyone from driving, and to stop that, the Suns need to keep their other players far enough out of the lane so it's clear to the refs that they are cheating.  If they don't, they won't get the freedom to operate on the inside and get points from their slashers like Marion.

They should also avoid talking with the refs.  Nothing they do will cause a ref to not make a call or make a call during the game.  Everytime a ref makes a call, someone on one side or the other complains.  It's natural, but it is a complete waste of time, and can result in technicals.  It's clear that it won't evoke sympathy.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 06:50:09 PM »
Whenever there are two seemingly contradictory statements in a sentence, it is the later part of the sentence that accurately reflects the intent of the author.

"seemingly"?  "intent"? 

Reading comprehension is really important when you're reading "seemingly" contradictory comments in regards to the authors "intent".  I guess the whole purpose of words should reflect the "seeming intent" of the author.  I'll make a note of that.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 08:13:32 PM »

The Suns will have to find a way to defend better to keep Duncan and Parker under control, and they will have to find a way to rebound enough to keep the Spurs from getting an advantage.

Easier said then done...

They have no answer for Duncan and Parker.  They won't anytime soon.    Amare cannot guard Duncan and they probably don't want him to burn up his energy trying.  Nash' idea of defense is getting the benefit of the doubt on charging calls a few times a game.    Just because SA beat the 76ersWest doesn't mean you need to downplay their obvious advantage in this series.  They have the upper hand in many categories including defense, experience, and coaching staff.  D'Antoni runs the 'Nash' so I think Nash is going to have to figure out a way to pick apart that interior defense.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 09:57:47 PM »

Easier said then done...

They have no answer for Duncan and Parker.  They won't anytime soon.    Amare cannot guard Duncan and they probably don't want him to burn up his energy trying.  Nash' idea of defense is getting the benefit of the doubt on charging calls a few times a game.    Just because SA beat the 76ersWest doesn't mean you need to downplay their obvious advantage in this series.  They have the upper hand in many categories including defense, experience, and coaching staff.  D'Antoni runs the 'Nash' so I think Nash is going to have to figure out a way to pick apart that interior defense.

You can stick a fork in the Suns, they are done!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"