Author Topic: Golden State pummels Mavs  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Golden State pummels Mavs
« on: May 04, 2007, 04:15:16 AM »
Steven Jackson is back.  Wow!
GS owned that 3rd qtr and no 4th qtr Martyball this time.

This was posted by a Spur who has endured 340 days of Mav gloating:

Dallas n Dirks 2007 victory parade.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Golden State pummels Mavs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:02:59 AM »
Like I said...Nowitzki is German for "CHOKE."

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 08:19:48 AM »
You gotta give credit to GS last night.  Jackson had 7 3's!!  and of course Davis just played through that hurt hamstring.  Talk about heart.  The fans there looked like they had won the whole show!!  Oh well, it was a gret effort from their squad. They deserve to enjoy this first round victory - they did make history after all.   8)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 08:39:53 AM »
Have to give credit where it's due.  I gave GS no shot at all to beat Dallas, and they did it in 6 games.  I still have no respect for Golden State's game, they are not a good team, but they did come to play and Dallas did not.

They are an undersized untalented squad of players with a lot of energy and very little discipline, they depend on the three-ball to keep them in games and use zone defense to compensate for their short-comings as individuals. 

But Dallas couldn't overcome the challenges that this team presented, so they deserved to loose.  I have to question that team's heart and coaching, because they should have the talent to do better.

Why were there no passes over the top to Dirk in the middle, or anyone else for that matter.  The defenders were short; all it would take is a lob pass, and they would get an easy bucket or foul. Instead they dribble around and make inefective passes against a zone, and keep the ball low and within the reach of the shorter defenders.

Whenever you play against people who are shorter, you should post them up.  Just pound the ball inside.  Not once did Dallas go to the power game, or find anything that would work with consistency.

Golden State now gets to rest and wonder who they will draw in the next round, Houston or Utah.  This time, I'm not going to go out on a limb and make a prediction for that next series, without seeing a game first!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 09:07:44 AM »
Have to give credit where it's due.  I gave GS no shot at all to beat Dallas, and they did it in 6 games.  I still have no respect for Golden State's game, they are not a good team, but they did come to play and Dallas did not.

It's funny you say that cause they play very similar to the Nuggets.  While they Nuggets don't depend on the 3 point shot, they run a playground style of offense and little to no defense.  GS actually played defense in this series, not lock down D like the Spurs but harrassing and swarming defense and played their normal out of control offense.  They did not let off the gas pedal when conventional wisdom states to take time off the clock.  I don't expect the GS offense/shooters to stay this hot in the next round but you never know.

They are an undersized untalented squad of players with a lot of energy and very little discipline, they depend on the three-ball to keep them in games and use zone defense to compensate for their short-comings as individuals. 

But Dallas couldn't overcome the challenges that this team presented, so they deserved to loose.  I have to question that team's heart and coaching, because they should have the talent to do better.

Why were there no passes over the top to Dirk in the middle, or anyone else for that matter.  The defenders were short; all it would take is a lob pass, and they would get an easy bucket or foul. Instead they dribble around and make inefective passes against a zone, and keep the ball low and within the reach of the shorter defenders.

Whenever you play against people who are shorter, you should post them up.  Just pound the ball inside.  Not once did Dallas go to the power game, or find anything that would work with consistency.

Totally agree, what happened to the Dallas offense, they played into the "tiny ball" game of GS, Dallas can play small ball but hey couldn't play GS's extreem version of that game.  Dirk has post skills and is often criticized for not utilize that aspect of his game and it really showed in this series.

Golden State now gets to rest and wonder who they will draw in the next round, Houston or Utah.  This time, I'm not going to go out on a limb and make a prediction for that next series, without seeing a game first!

If GS can stay hot they should make it interesting but both Utah and Houston have a post game, something the Mavs did not even consider doing.  IMO both Utah and Houston should handle the Warriors but I thought that of the Mavs as well and looked what happened.  IMO the Mavs are lucky they didn't get swept, there should not have been a game 5 but those ejections in game 2 gave the Mavs a chance.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »
What a shockingly heartless performance by the Mavs! Props to GS for playing with such abandon.  I admit my comments about how pointless the Indy-Golden State trade was looks ridiculous now.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »
How can you not respect the GS Warriors after this series?  Id say they are alot better then most of us thought.  When a team gets a swagger and confidence like they have they become a much different team.  The only thing that keep this team from being a playoff team for the next few years is Baron's health.  They are scrappy and have heart.  Everything Dallas doesn't have.

They completely dominated the best team in the league, a team who had the 6th best record in NBA history, a team who was suppose to sweep them.  There was not a single person who picked the GS Warriors to do anything.

You know what? I think if Houston advances they are going to lose to GS also.  I see Yao getting ran into the ground by this squad.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 03:58:19 PM »
Allow me to point out that I called this upset. I am very disappointed that the Lakers didn't at least make a series of it against Phoenix, but nothing I can think of with regard to basketball could make me happier than Dallas' monumental choke job, although I think GS actually deserves more credit for just flat beating them as they deserve criticism for choking. I love Ricks double standards when he pointed out how good Denver was "becasue they were still playing SA" but a team that just took apart the best team in the regular season in 6 games but "they aren't a good team", give me a break! They won 9 of 10 to finish the season just to get to the playoffs, then they face a team that had 3 long win streaks throught the regular season, domintated the NBA, ran up a 67-15 record and were the seemingingly runaway freight train on the way to an automatic title and ran them off the floor, I said it before and I will say it again, if it weren't for the (unwarranted) ejections of Jackson and Davis in game 2, I believe GS might very well have swept the *avericks. Watching Cuban lose is almost more fun than watching JoMAl meltdown over the current state of affairs in Sactown.  ;D

Dallas was outcoached, outplayed, outhustled, outran, and outgunned. Make no mistake, there offensive style, while fun to watch, is a recipe for disaster and should they make it past Utah (my pick over Houston), and face either SA or Phoenix (my pick is SA, too much discipline), they will get their feelers hurt, and hurt in a hurry by SA and Phoenix will prove to them that disciplined chaos on offense beats pure chaos every time. However, Utah matches up very well, and when Sloan cuts them loose, they can run well enough to slow down that frenetic freewheeling style that GS loves to play, and they can shoot almost as well. If Houston does manage to beat the Jazz, their slower, more plodding style and their lethargic sloth at center will simply never keep up in the transition game which means lots of fastbreaks and GS takes it in 6.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:39:33 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 04:38:10 PM »
Watching Cuban lose is almost more fun than watching JoMAl meltdown over the current state of affairs in Sactown.

:P

Well, your La La Lakers certainly did not show much in the way of stiffness of character, buddy boy.

I hear that Chris Webber has always been intriqued with the Lakers, and your team made some kind of attempt at getting Bibby as well. With Vlade, that would make three used up Kings' players that would make the Lakers the dream team for next season, if Divac would unretire. Now THAT would give Jackson all the veterans he covets instead of all these know-it-all kids that don't get his zen philosophy.

Dallas was outcoached, outplayed, outhustled, outran, and outgunned. Make no mistake, there offensive style, while fun to watch, is a recipe for disaster and should they make it past Utah (my pick over Houston), and face either SA or Phoenix (my pick is SA, too much discipline), they will get their feelers hurt, and hurt in a hurry by SA and Phoenix will prove to them that disciplined chaos on offense beats pure chaos every time. However, Utah matches up very well, and when Sloan cuts them loose, they can run well enough to slow down that frenetic freewheeling style that GS loves to play, and they can shoot almost as well. If Houston does manage to beat the Jazz, their slower, more plodding style and their lethargic sloth at center will simply never keep up in the transition game which means lots of fastbreaks and GS takes it in 6.

I am hoping for a Utah/Warrior series next. Houston is just too wussy for me, but seeing the Sloan Thugs punch it out against Nellie's Nasties would be a referee's dream match-up. 

[/quote]
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 10:52:32 AM »
Watching Cuban lose is almost more fun than watching JoMAl meltdown over the current state of affairs in Sactown.

:P

Well, your La La Lakers certainly did not show much in the way of stiffness of character, buddy boy.

I hear that Chris Webber has always been intriqued with the Lakers, and your team made some kind of attempt at getting Bibby as well. With Vlade, that would make three used up Kings' players that would make the Lakers the dream team for next season, if Divac would unretire. Now THAT would give Jackson all the veterans he covets instead of all these know-it-all kids that don't get his zen philosophy.

I am hoping for a Utah/Warrior series next. Houston is just too wussy for me, but seeing the Sloan Thugs punch it out against Nellie's Nasties would be a referee's dream match-up. 

[/quote]

While that's true JoMaL, they still made the playoffs  :D  As for personel changes at the 4...I think you should worry about your own squad.  The only PF who gives Kwame a run for the money as a big wiff as far as what he could have been is Rahim.

If GS gets Houston they will get to the WCF for sure.  Yao ming is going to get ran into the ground.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 10:54:17 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com