Author Topic: Warriors and Mavs battling it out!!!!!  (Read 3939 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Warriors and Mavs battling it out!!!!!
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:05:09 PM »
What an amazing game, can't believe how hot the Warriors are shooting.  Both teams are hot, I wonder if either team will try to play defense and pull it out.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Warriors and Mavs battling it out!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 11:12:40 PM »
Just got in for the 4th qtr.
This is the 1st action I've caught of this series.
Steven Jackson and Golden State is ballin!!!

This is some of the best team ball I've seen.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 11:15:23 PM »
Dallas is choking so bad down the stretch  :o  edit: wow right as I said that Dirk goes off

Baron Davis is a beast.  Wish he never got injured in his whole career.  Makes you wonder how good of a player he really can be when he is 100%.

This is just plain awesome...
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 11:28:53 PM »
Golden State builds up a 9 point lead and then...

Offense:  Completely abandon the ball movement O they had.  Dallas is doubling the ball every trip down, yet they go in no pass or one pass n chuck mode.  Stall, Prevent Offense mode.   >:(rrrrrrrrrr!

Defense.  Only thing that can really kill them is giving up quick treys.  So they fail to defend Dork on two straight trips down.

Nice choke Golden State and Nellie.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:40:17 PM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 11:44:17 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

SO CLOSE!!!!

I was rooting for Golden State!!! man how they crumbled with 3 minutes to go...stay focused morons!! I think they got ahead of themselves and figured it was all over.  stupid!

Still though that was AWESOME BBALL!!  the back and forth between both teams was just sick.  Oh well hopefully GS will help SA out in the next game.  COME ON GOLDEN STATE!!

As for Stephen Jackson, man, I have always thought this guy was a quality shooter, maybe not the best at composure but he IMHO has always been impressive to me.  I wish he would have stayed with the Spurs instead of leaving for a few more bucks somewhere else.  But I mean look, he went to Atlanta and became the number one shooting option and I remember him scoring great numbers each game.  he was alright in Indiana, but I mean it was like SA where the team had more options, now in Golden State they can look to this guy to help Baron rain three's on a squad, not to mention the 30 points he had the other night.  I kind of wish he was still on our team. We could use the attitude on our squad, and another three point shooter wouldnt hurt either. 8)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 11:52:02 PM »
hmmm. Stephen Jackson is gonna be fined again....Maybe SA can land a chance at signing the guy again..lol.  I don't think he will like being in GS if he keeps getting fined.   I have to agree with Sir Charles, I don't think Jackson deserved to be ejected tonight.  I mean I did not see anything wrong with him clapping - CLAPPING!  and he wasnt even looking at anybody he was just clapping.  He did deserve it the other night IMO, but they could have left him in the game tonight. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 09:08:35 AM »
As much as the Warriors blew, you have to give the Mavs credit for playing clutch down the stretch.  Dirk was terrific with those two 3-pointers and that blocked shot.

I'm really annoyed that Dirk got away with an obvious foul on Richardsons three point attempt then on the same play Davis gets called for a ticky tack foul that did not affect Terry's control of the ball.  Real BS but GS really blew it by not handling the Davis double team at all.  I've been saying it all along that the Warriors have been playing playground basketball so not being able to execute in crunch time is no surprise to me.

While the Mavs are in "do or die" mode, IMO there is alot of pressure on the Warriors to close it out at home, I'm expecting a blow out in game 6, not sure who's gonna get blown out though.  I wonder how soon the Davis double teaming will get sprung but I'm sure Nellie is gonna address it ASAP.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 09:20:41 AM »
I am trying to figure out how Terry was in the game to be fouled.  Technical #1 at the end of first half.  Technical #2 on "scrum" with Davis.  Last time I checked 2 techs & your out.  Favortism?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 09:29:57 AM »
I said Dallas would win in 5 after the Game 1 shocker and have eaten the subsequent crow.....mmmmmm.

I haven't learned my lesson and I'll say Dallas will win in 7.  

Through everything the Golden State Warriors do right, they do SO much wrong.  They had yesterday's game, I mean that game was completely won,  and Golden State lost it and that'll linger with this young, brash, inexperienced bunch.  

Up 9 points after Baron Davis incredible double-pump three from the wing and Dallas was in full desperation mode with over 3 minutes left to play in the game.  They started doubling Baron at the half-court line out of sheer fear of the man.  Baron passed out of the double team up ahead and the Warriors were playing 4 on 3 four straight plays in a row!  A good team achieves a layup, a dunk, or a defensive foul.  An inexperienced team bricks from long range, bricks from long range again, and bricks from long range yet again.  Did Golden State think their miraculous shots were going to keep raining down through the net endlessly?  Weren't they aware that the inescapable law of averages was going to catch up?  Didn't they know they had the knife pressed against the heart of the beast and all they had to do was enforce their will and plunge that knife all the way through?

Now they have a rejuvenated 67-win Dallas and a rejuvenated Dirk Nowitzki to contend with.  Good Luck, you're going to need it.  The crowd in Oakland is going to be wonderful, I mean I can feel the electricity through the television set, those people are delirious with Warrior fever but I fear their team passed on an opportunity that won't come around again.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
I am trying to figure out how Terry was in the game to be fouled.  Technical #1 at the end of first half.  Technical #2 on "scrum" with Davis.  Last time I checked 2 techs & your out.  Favortism?

Wait are you serious? He got two technicals and didn't go to the showers?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »
I am trying to figure out how Terry was in the game to be fouled.  Technical #1 at the end of first half.  Technical #2 on "scrum" with Davis.  Last time I checked 2 techs & your out.  Favortism?

Correction...the halftime technical was on Stackhouse so Terry didn't get 2.  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 09:37:14 AM »

Wait are you serious? He got two technicals and didn't go to the showers?

I was just typing my correction as you posted this.
-Moody Blues

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 10:06:59 AM »
Dirk came through in the clutch and the Warriors chocked.

This was a serious mistake.  The Warriors failure to win this game suggests that the Mavericks will win the series.  The momentum has shifted to the Mavericks now, even though they are still behind in the series.

The Warriors stopped doing the things that got them success, and the Mavericks kept their poise and asserted themselves.

Nowitzky deserves all the credit for this one, the Tutonic Assassin.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 10:21:03 AM »
Dallas got lucky that Golden State got ahead of themselves.  They had the game in hand and were already looking forward to the headlines about Nellie beating AJ, and then when Dallas hit their shots GS could not compose themselves enough to atleast hit ONE decent shot!!  I hope they learn that the game is not over until the final buzzer sounds.  They should have stayed focused they could have sent Cuban fishing last night.  I just hope they keep the same confidence for the next game otherwise this Dallas bravado could be dangerous for eveyone left in the playoffs.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 10:59:22 AM »
Unfortunately for the Warriors, this is typical Nellie coaching. He had a lead of nine with three minutes to go and tells his team to stop doing what they were doing to create the lead in the first place, and you have to wonder exactly what the players are thinking with those directions. They stopped attacking and got complacent trying to run out the clock, relying on long shots to keep the lead, which they didn't make because they were not taken in the same flow of the game as earlier.

Foolish, and it will come back to haunt them if Dallas ends up winning the series.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."