Author Topic: Spurs v T-Wolves thread  (Read 5671 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« on: March 23, 2004, 09:11:22 AM »

San Antonio Express-News

Tonight: Spurs (46-24) at Timberwolves (48-22)

Last meeting: The Spurs beat Minnesota 106-86 Thursday at the SBC Center.
Key matchup: Tim Duncan vs. Kevin Garnett. Duncan came off the bench Thursday against Minnesota, but will start tonight. Since returning from his layoff, Duncan has done most of his work close to the basket while trying to regain his touch from outside. On Thursday, both teams went to a smaller lineup for parts of the second half with Duncan and Garnett the only two big men on the court. Duncan, who outscored Garnett 10-5 in Thursday's final quarter, despite playing three fewer minutes, has made 16 of 21 free throws (76.2 percent) in the past two games.

Wolves Scouting report: Minnesota has beaten Phoenix and Denver since losing to the Spurs on Thursday. Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders moved center Ervin Johnson back into the starting lineup and returned Michael Olowokandi to the bench Sunday against the Nuggets. Johnson doesn't need shots to be productive and predicates his game on helping teammates, whether it be defensively or setting screens. Wally Szczerbiak has averaged 18.7 points on 51.4-percent shooting off the bench in the past three games. Troy Hudson has totaled three minutes in the past two games after aggravating his right ankle sprain.

Injuries: Troy Hudson (sore right ankle) is questionable.

Spurs Scouting report: The Spurs have shot a combined 49.3 percent (75 of 152) in their past two games. They have scored at least 100 points in five of their past six victories. The Spurs matched their franchise record-low with one turnover in the second half Thursday against Minnesota. Hedo Turkoglu has made at least one 3-pointer in 15-consecutive games.

Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 10:10:47 AM »
KG will have his revenge tonight i think...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 10:27:11 AM »
I don't think so. Spurs are after that Midwest Division Title, don't think they would give it up that easily. Spurs have T-wolves number, if we didn't give it up to Dallas last year, were not going to give it up to the lowely T-wolves.
Paul

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 10:47:27 AM »
"Lowly TWolves"???? You are delusional my friend, this is no lowly team and certainly no pushover. IMO they are not just better than the Spurs, but significantly better.
Dan

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 10:52:04 AM »
Laker fan, butt out, I'm trying to start S*** with JN.  :lol:  
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 11:12:50 AM »
no small signifigance the 100+ games.  Let Free Spursey continue to run 'Zit.
Additionally the better FT% from all esp Timmy Dunker since he was looking like Hack-a-Duncan in 4th qtrs previously.

Malik Rose does supurb in those between type games which are combo of run and halfcourt, esp in crunch time.

TWolves i can't imagine Candy-IrJohnson are going to suck as much as they did vs RadNest last game.

Hudson out hurts.  Go ahead and gun Wally.  If you make them props, if you don't then you have nothing else to offer the Wolves ie D, assists, rebounds, transition.

Could go either way.
Run Free Spursey Runnnnn.

Spurs.

jn

Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 11:13:43 AM »
Well, regardless of the outcome I don't have to live in Texas. *whew*  

Thanks for the info 101.  I didn't get to see the Denver game so I'm glad Flip sat Kandi down.  Erv is total dinosaur physically but he is so much smarter than Kandi it's unbelievable.  

I have never, ever seen an NBAer do what Olowakandi does.  He gets a pass after his man goes to double team, he's 4 feet from the basket with no one guarding him and HE TURNS AWAY FROM THE BASKET!!!  Then he flips up some wimpy little hook that usually misses.   I have never seen a guy with such a terrible combination of physical talent, lack of heart and lack of feel.  Well, maybe Benoit Benjamin....  He also gets out of position on both D and O. He's just killing us!  Be thankful you have Rasho!!

Randy, Reality you guys give Wally way too much discredit.  Even before Wally returned Spree has been wildly inconsistent.   Wally didn't even see many minutes until the last couple games.  Yes Wally has some glaring weaknesses, but he is not responsible for the fact that Spree looks tired.  He's not responsible for Huddy reinjuring his ankle and he's not responsible for the horrific D Cassell has been playing.  Spree and Cassell are getting up there and it was showing even before the injured players returned, particularly with Spree.  

Frankly unless those Sam and Spree find some hidden energy we are baaad shape.  

That said we'll still crush you and leave you crying in a puddle Shiner Bock!!
  :angry:  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »
IMO they are not just better than the Spurs, but significantly better.
And IMO the Spurs are better than the Lakers.

No sense using records because the Spurs have "significantly" beaten the Wolves in the last two games they faced each other.  For being so "significantly" better Minnesota needs to figure out a way to beat the Spurs.  "significantly" better teams may lose 1 game to the lesser team but not repeatedly.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »
I guess we will find out tonight BBF, they beat your boys on their home floor and are 2 games up on you in the standings, they play better offense and not much difference defensely and the have lost 2 in a row only twice all season. I'm failing to see where this stack up as the Spurs being better. The Spurs 2 victories? Only 1 was a blow out, the other was by 2 points, hardly significant.

And LA beating your boys 3 straight thus far and being a game up on you after playing injured and hamstrung most of the season should hardly inspire cofindence in the Spurs this year.

I guess silver and black homer glasses are even more distorted than the purple and gold variety.  :lol:  
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 06:12:32 PM »
I hope they both lose  :lol:

I jinxed the Wolves last time they played so ill keep my mouth shut this time.  Fun game to watch last time tho so I will be in front of the boob tube when it comes on.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 10:28:58 PM »
I forgot to morph into Twolvesfan101, and the Spurs lost the game. Thanks to Earvin Johnson's last minute grabbing the arm on a tipoff heroics. Regardless, that's no excuse. Nice win jn, congrats on winning the Midwest Division!  Baby steps I know, keep chippin away, someday you'll win the title. Just like your unstoppable Vikes last season.

:rolleyes:  
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 12:02:26 AM »
I didn't see the arm grab on the jump ball.  But the goaltending that wasn't called sucked.
Dunker let it get to him and clanked both free throws.

Nonetheless the Wolves very assertive.

Props.

Would have loved to have seen Turkeys last 3 fall.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 12:34:15 AM »
Well BBF? Yeah, uh huh, that's what I thought.  <_<  
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 12:34:26 AM »
What freakin channel was this on and what time?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 12:36:05 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

Spurs v T-Wolves thread
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 12:47:03 AM »
Sorry I couldn't see the second half but...

Are you now with me on how much Kandi's play has hurt us?

Also I see in the box score Cassell shot poorly but hit a triple double.  Bowen can sure cause him trouble but not enough.