Author Topic: Jomal: Lakers @ Kings. GState at Blazers.  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Jomal: Lakers @ Kings. GState at Blazers.
« on: April 17, 2007, 11:52:35 PM »
Who will end up #8 and playing Dallas?
Will the Kings subdue the Lakers as they did the Clippers* a few days ago?
*Technically the Clipps could also be #8.

While reg season must be put into perspective vs playoffs, Golden State is now something like 7-1 vs Mavs last 8 games.  Lasts nights Dallas starters were all out so big whooptie.  Still, 7-1 is 7-1.

To pull this off we Spurs need you Kings to knock off the Kobes Wed night. 
Can they do this?  Will they do this?  Do you still drink capos at work?

Jomal........

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jomal: Lakers @ Kings. GState at Blazers.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 09:53:47 AM »
"To pull this off we Spurs need you Kings to knock off the Kobes Wed night.  "

Reality = Golem

Lakers = Precious

Even though the Lakers and Kings are far from having a true rivalry as we are bottom of the pack teams I think the two organizations like to beat one another.  Should be a good game.  I can't really say one way or another as you really don't know what team is going to show up when it comes to these two.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:56:32 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:27:46 AM »
I have been trying to figure out how "we Spurs" care about this game?  It doesn't impact our seeding and it doesn't impact our first round opponent.  So just exactly why would "we Spurs" need anything from this final game between the Kings & Lakers?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:39:58 AM »
Who will end up #8 and playing Dallas?
Will the Kings subdue the Lakers as they did the Clippers* a few days ago?
*Technically the Clipps could also be #8.

While reg season must be put into perspective vs playoffs, Golden State is now something like 7-1 vs Mavs last 8 games.  Lasts nights Dallas starters were all out so big whooptie.  Still, 7-1 is 7-1.

To pull this off we Spurs need you Kings to knock off the Kobes Wed night. 
Can they do this?  Will they do this?  Do you still drink capos at work?

Jomal........

Topic Summary
Posted on: Today at 11:27:46 AMPosted by: Lurker 

I have been trying to figure out how "we Spurs" care about this game?  It doesn't impact our seeding and it doesn't impact our first round opponent.  So just exactly why would "we Spurs" need anything from this final game between the Kings & Lakers?

Kings & Lakers game, #82 on the hit parade = the last meaningful game that JoMal can comment on regarding his Kings for the 2006-07 season, a "reality" that is apparent to only one person on this board.

And to answer the question, would the Kings show up for this game or not? Hmmm!! It would be in their best interest to "not". The Kings are currently in a "battle" for lottery seeding - a most noxious activity for non-playoff teams this time of year.

While lame-duck Musselman is finally utilizing his youth in a non-bowel, type, movement, these kids are unlikely to overwhelm the more experienced Lakers, depending on whether Jackson will be overplaying HIS youth as well. I see no benefit for Jackson not to do this, as being seeded seventh or eighth has little impact for his team getting out of the first round anyway.

The kids will show up and put up a good fight, but a lost here and a few wins elsewhere could result in the Kings picking as high as seventh, with a few more lottery balls to maybe move up.

Now THAT could be very tempting.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »
Well let me break it down for you.  Golden State is 7-1 vs Dallas over the last 8.
Doesn't mean Dallas won't roll them in 4, but does seem better odds of Golden State giving Dallas a series then Clippers 8 or even the Lakers at 8.
Long series for Dallas in Round 1, another long series in Round 2 vs Houston or Utah, come R3 could give the Spurs a more worn down opponent in Dallas for WCFs.  Should the Spurs make it to R3.  Which you know with Mike Finley and Beno at powerforward they will.

So, whom better to ask about the Kings final effort then Jomal?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 11:27:09 AM »
Both the Lakers and Golden State need to win to make sure they get into the playoffs.  Either could be caught by the Clippers.

The Lakers would much rather face off against the Suns than the Mavs, IMO, and the same for either the Clippers or GS. 

San Antonio can't catch the Suns thanks to the loss to Dallas with Duncan out of the game- thanks Joey! (dumbass) The Nuggets can't move up or down in the standings, either, so they're stuck playing the Spurs.

So tonight is a non-preview of the way the Nuggets and Spurs will play once the playoffs start.  IMO, it will be scrubs vs. scrubs, as Iverson, Anthony, Ginobli and Duncan take most of the night off.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 11:39:11 AM »
Both the Lakers and Golden State need to win to make sure they get into the playoffs.  Either could be caught by the Clippers. 
rick the Kobes cannot be caught by the Clippers.  Lakers own that tiebreaker.
Golden State can surpass them at 42 vs 41 wins.

Spurs game concur means zippo.  Maybe the starters will play 15-20 minutes since Game 1 is not until Sunday.
Crawford indeed played a large role in derailing the shot for #2.
Who knows, maybe Phx would have played a little harder had #2 still been on the line.
Water/bridge, that Phx has homecourt vs Spurs is oh well.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 11:44:21 AM »

The Lakers would much rather face off against the Suns than the Mavs, IMO, and the same for either the Clippers or GS. 

San Antonio can't catch the Suns thanks to the loss to Dallas with Duncan out of the game- thanks Joey! (dumbass) The Nuggets can't move up or down in the standings, either, so they're stuck playing the Spurs.

So tonight is a non-preview of the way the Nuggets and Spurs will play once the playoffs start.  IMO, it will be scrubs vs. scrubs, as Iverson, Anthony, Ginobli and Duncan take most of the night off.

Lakers already have their playoff spot.  Clippers have to win and GS has to lose for them to even make the playoffs.  Even if GS loses if the Clips do not win they don't make it.   They are actually not even really considered by even LA fans at this point.  The Lakers are playing for the 7th or 8th spot tonight.  Like JoMaL said it makes little difference who they play because both teams are leaps and bounds better.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 12:44:11 PM »
Well let me break it down for you.  Golden State is 7-1 vs Dallas over the last 8.
Doesn't mean Dallas won't roll them in 4, but does seem better odds of Golden State giving Dallas a series then Clippers 8 or even the Lakers at 8.
Long series for Dallas in Round 1, another long series in Round 2 vs Houston or Utah, come R3 could give the Spurs a more worn down opponent in Dallas for WCFs.  Should the Spurs make it to R3.  Which you know with Mike Finley and Beno at powerforward they will.

If that's your point, then why would you want the Kings to beat the Lakers?  Don't you want the Lakers to lock #7 so the GSW's get Dallas?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 12:51:41 PM »

If that's your point, then why would you want the Kings to beat the Lakers?  Don't you want the Lakers to lock #7 so the GSW's get Dallas?

IF...no make that ...IF the Spurs...or their true fans...really cared about who Dallas faced in the first round then maybe this game matters.  But the great majority of fans that I talk to in San Antonio are more concerned about the Spurs and how they are playing than who matches up with Dallas or Phoenix.  There is an old saying about counting your chickens...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 12:59:52 PM »
To see the glow on Jomals face the next day at the office as he pours his cappacino.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 01:13:03 PM »
IF...no make that ...IF the Spurs...or their true fans...really cared about who Dallas faced in the first round then maybe this game matters.  But the great majority of fans that I talk to in San Antonio are more concerned about the Spurs and how they are playing than who matches up with Dallas or Phoenix.  There is an old saying about counting your chickens...
Oh it matters.  How much it mattes, yes in mathematical terms real Spurs should be thinking 99 to 1 about taking care of the Spurs own games vs who Dallas plays.
That having been said, it does somewhat matter.  Last year Memphis cowered to Dallas 0-4 and thus Dallas began resting on May 1.
Spurs were duking with Kings and finished on April 5th at 10:30 Pm Sacramento time.  Sat April 6th San Antone time and certainly the plane did not arrive until Sat morning in San Antone.
LordSternfish had Dallas @ San Antone Gm start on Sunday Ap 7th with Gm 2 being Tuesday.  Completely bogile.
Granted the Spurs won Gm 1 so you might say its irrevelant.  I say Spurs were still fatigued come Gm 2 which Dallas romped.   Now to be sure I mainly prop Dallas along with the beggining of Pops silly smallballs losing strategy as main reasons for Gm 2 loss.

Point being, i think an older team like the Spurs does need its rest.  Creating their own rest by winning is vastly choice #1.  However if Golden State and Houston can tire out Dallas for the WCFs vs a couple of 0-4 or 1-4 laydowns, great. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 01:14:45 PM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 01:28:30 PM »
Point being, i think an older team like the Spurs does need its rest.  Creating their own rest by winning is vastly choice #1.  However if Golden State and Houston can tire out Dallas for the WCFs vs a couple of 0-4 or 1-4 laydowns, great. 

Deleted all your meaningless drivel....

Studies have shown that sometimes the rest helps, sometimes it breaks a team's momemtum, and basically it has little bearing on the outcome of a series. 

Besides if the Spurs don't concentrate on taking care of the Nuggets then it doesn't matter who pushes or doesn't push Dallas in the early rounds.  I'll keep checking on the eggs; you keep counting the chickens.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 01:28:43 PM »
Portland is tied with MN and New York.
So we are guaranteed a Portland loss tonight vs Golden State, right?
Zig?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 01:29:35 PM »

Deleted all your meaningless drivel....
Studies have shown that sometimes the rest helps, sometimes it breaks a team's momemtum, and basically it has little bearing on the outcome of a series. 
Care to show those studies?
Haha.  Exit stage left.