Author Topic: Joey Crawford Ts and ejects Duncan while on the bench.  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Joey Crawford Ts and ejects Duncan while on the bench.
« on: April 15, 2007, 05:40:46 PM »
Holy crap.
Did anyone see this?

Asterisk win for Mavs.  In fact i think this motivates Duncan even more should Spurs face the Mavs.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Joey Crawford Ts and ejects Duncan while on the bench.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 08:07:59 PM »
didnt watch the game, but heymaybe you are right.   Maybe this will be tat fire that gets us past the Mavs when we meet in the playoffs.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 08:42:14 AM »
Obviously something went on or was said that you did not see on TV or online.  I would be curious to find out what words were used.  Gotta love that the playoffs are already getting set into high gear.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:37:36 AM »
Obviously something went on or was said that you did not see on TV or online.  I would be curious to find out what words were used.  Gotta love that the playoffs are already getting set into high gear.

Actually, what this really proves is that Joey Crawford should be asked to retire. He T'ed up Duncan on the second technical for laughing.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

DALLAS (AP) - Losing a tense, physical, emotional game to their top rival and being forced to settle for the third seed in the Western Conference was bad enough for Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs.

Even worse: Duncan is convinced official Joey Crawford is out to get him, with a brawl possibly needed to settle things.

Around the NBA
Game of the day: The Spurs led the Mavericks before Tim Duncan was ejected late in the third quarter. Dallas held San Antonio to 10 points in the final period and rallied for a 91-86 victory. Full story ...

Crawford hit Duncan with two technical fouls just 1:16 apart late in the third quarter of San Antonio's 91-86 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday. The second came while he was laughing on the bench and meant an automatic ejection, just the second of his nine-year career.

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?"' Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, 'Do you want to fight?"'

The Spurs sorely missed their top player down the stretch, failing to score a basket over the last 6:32 while allowing a 9-0 run to end the game. The loss ended their hopes of catching Phoenix for the No. 2 seed and home-court advantage if they meet in the second round.

While this was a thrilling game between Western Conference powers, the story of the day turned out to be Duncan vs. Crawford.

"He came into the game with a personal vendetta against me," said Duncan, who had 16 points, seven rebounds, six assists and two blocks in his limited action. "It had to be because I didn't do anything the entire game. I said three words to him and the three words were, 'I got fouled' on a shot. ... That's all I said to him the entire game."

Crawford disagreed, saying that "he was complaining the whole game."

"And then he went over to the bench and he was over there doing the same stuff behind our back," Crawford said. "I hit him with one (technical) and he kept going over there, and I look over there and he's still complaining. So I threw him out."

Crawford spoke to a pool reporter before Duncan spoke to the media. Asked about Duncan not thinking he deserved to be tossed, Crawford said: "That's his opinion. He said nothing when he was walking off the court and he called me a piece of (expletive). Is that nothing?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Duncan said then, then he is def in the wrong.  As far as them fighting...kind of wish Duncan would have taken the high road and not even mentioned it.  Even if he said it 'I don't want to but if he does, I will' type way.

I can't remember a time when a player and ref made threats along those lines...one had to wonder if Joey will end up doing a SA game.  I don't know if he can be professional enough to keep it moving.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 05:04:12 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 05:06:48 PM »

DALLAS (AP) - Crawford spoke to a pool reporter before Duncan spoke to the media. Asked about Duncan not thinking he deserved to be tossed, Crawford said: "That's his opinion. He said nothing when he was walking off the court and he called me a piece of (expletive). Is that nothing?"
This was said after the 2nd technical as Duncan was walking towards the tunnel.
While i am not condoning Duncans lack of sportmanship, this is utter bull by Rabbit Ears Crawford to be radaring in on a player on the way to the tunnel, one whom he just rang up on the bench.
BTW the foul call on Bowen and then Fabs, the one that had Duncan and all laughing was quite laughable, esp the Bowen one.  He cleanly got a rebound with nary a Mav around and Joey rings up Bowen for elbowing and awards ball to Mavs.

Gamewise, Duncan or no Duncan to not have a field goal in the last 6:32 is gagging.
lurker, who is the powerforward and athletic 3 in this Poppy lineup?:
Fabs
Finley
Bowen
GNob
Parker

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »
OK, this is ONLY the second time in Tim's career that he has been ejected.  I think that says A LOT!  Crawford said Duncan was complaining the whole game....hmmmm....how many superstars DON'T complain during the course of a game to get calls to go their way, or the address unseen fouls?!  EVERYONE complains at this level, that old fart should be used to it!   Crawford's excuse is NO excuse in opinion.  Now look, IF Tim called him a piece of sh!t - he had ALREADY been ejected at that point, and for LAUGHING of all things, and threatened by Joey "the Crippler" Crawford to a round of fisticuffs...I would have called him that too.  IMHO the NBA REALLY needs to either get this guy to retire or demand that he takes anger management therapy.  I am not upset about the loss to Dallas, hell I figure this is the worst thing that could happen before the playoffs start.  There are a HANDFUL of players that you would really want a fire lit under in this league and Duncan, IMHO, is just one of those players.  Now I am not worried about Denver, Hell I am not worried about Phoenix, but I WAS a bit worried about Dallas.  Now?  Nope.  It will be a fight, but You got a whole city really  pissed off at this (at Crawford) and we know that if there is one team that is gonna get the business put to them right nasty.  I figure that team is gonna be Dallas.

Oh I am watching the news and Crawford is trying to explain to Pop and Finley what happened and what does he say?

Crawford, "He's standing there and he's.."

Pop, "He's sitting!"

Crawford, "He's sitting there...and he's laughing...and he's...he's..and he's..trying to intimidate."

Finley, "He didn't say anything.."

Crawford, "He ain't saying anything now."

Also noteworthy, The local Sportscaster is saying that they have never received so much email about the Spurs.  most of which as about how awful Crawford is.   
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 10:32:13 PM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:20 AM »
Gamewise, Duncan or no Duncan to not have a field goal in the last 6:32 is gagging.
Fabs
Finley
Bowen
GNob
Parker

Gamewise any teaam playing a top 5 defensive team and top 5 offensive team is going to struggle with their top player in the dressing room.  AJ was scared enough to put Dirk back in with 8 minutes left so that they could win a "meaningless" game.

Take your lineup and put Duncan in Fabs spot and my guess is that the Spurs would still have had a shot at the 2 seed.  Do you really believe some of the crap you post or just fishing?

In regards to Crawford...I have one simple question:  If your job as a ref is to watch the play on the floor then how do you know that Duncan kept going on the bench?  That is probably why you blew the calls so bad...you were so obsessed with Duncan you weren't watching the actual game.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:53:50 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 10:16:25 AM »
Fabs
Finley
Bowen
GNob
Parker

Gamewise any teaam playing a top 5 defensive team and top 5 offensive team is going to struggle with their top player in the dressing room.  AJ was scared enough to put Dirk back in with 8 minutes left so that they could win a "meaningless" game.

Take your lineup and put Duncan in Fabs spot and my guess is that the Spurs would still have had a shot at the 2 seed.  Do you really believe some of the crap you post or just fishing?

In regards to Crawford...I have one simple question:  If your job as a ref is to watch the play on the floor then how do you know that Duncan kept going on the bench?  That is probably why you blew the calls so bad...you were so obsessed with Duncan you weren't watching the actual game.

:o ;D

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »
Crawford spoke to a pool reporter before Duncan spoke to the media. Asked about Duncan not thinking he deserved to be tossed, Crawford said: "That's his opinion. He said nothing when he was walking off the court and he called me a piece of (expletive). Is that nothing?"

Crawford "accuses" Duncan of saying nothing as he walked off the court, but then "calling" Joey a piece of (expletive). How, through mental telepathy? And since this is AFTER Crawford tossed him out of the game, clearly Crawford deserved to be called a piece of (expletive) - an old, squishy, worm-infested piece of (expletive) at that.

Here is another adjective to describe you, Crawford. How does "incompetent" strike you?

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Joey Crawford suspended
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 01:23:14 PM »
Referee Crawford Suspended for Actions Toward Duncan Ejection

Email this Story

Apr 17, 1:46 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) -NBA referee Joey Crawford was suspended indefinitely by commissioner David Stern on Tuesday for his conduct toward Tim Duncan, who contends the ref challenged him to a fight.
Crawford ejected Duncan from a game in Dallas on Sunday, calling a second technical foul on the San Antonio Spurs star while he was on the bench.

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?"' Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, 'Do you want to fight?"'

Crawford's suspension will last at least through the NBA finals.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Joey Crawford suspended
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 03:22:12 PM »
Referee Crawford Suspended for Actions Toward Duncan Ejection

Email this Story

Apr 17, 1:46 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) -NBA referee Joey Crawford was suspended indefinitely by commissioner David Stern on Tuesday for his conduct toward Tim Duncan, who contends the ref challenged him to a fight.
Crawford ejected Duncan from a game in Dallas on Sunday, calling a second technical foul on the San Antonio Spurs star while he was on the bench.

Crawford's suspension will last at least through the NBA finals.

I guess this is an attempt by StinkfishStern to gift wrap the NBA title for the Spurs.   ???
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 03:39:14 PM »
Do you really believe some of the crap you post or just fishing? 
I really believe the lineup for a spell was
Fabs
Finley
Bowen
GNob
Parker

And I really really believe you and B-Rad will not tell me who the 3 and 4 are.

lurker   Take your lineup and put Duncan in Fabs spot and my guess is that the Spurs would still have had a shot at the 2 seed.   
  Hey, have Duncan play 48 minutes of every game and every second of any overtime games also!  Brilliant idea.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 04:02:13 PM »
If you want to look at lineups then why not Pop's all white boy lineup he used against Minnesota...

Beno
Barry
Manu
Bonner
Fabs

You tell me now...who played the 3 and 4?

Makes as much sense as your post.....
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »
Eww another question with a question.

Manu played the 3
Bonner the 4.

I'd prefer to look at all the lineups where Pop played Elson and Duncan together.
28-3 WooHoo! 
Including leading Dallas 74-68 before Crawfords alteration.
Makes sense, huh? :D
If Duncar and Elson are out, which i recommend never happen in 2007 Playoffs, ya might wanna think about Bonner and/or Butler helping out Fabbs on the frontline.  Not Finley Barry Beno Bowen.