Author Topic: Spurs end their season with a game against the Nuggets.  (Read 1161 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs end their season with a game against the Nuggets.
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »
The game will be meaningless and both teams will want to rest their starters for the first playoff game.

The Spurs are the hottest team in the NBA, having won 9 of their last 10.  That's the best way to go into the playoffs.

Too bad for the Spurs that they get a team that's won 7 straight including a few against playoff teams.  The Nuggets are a pretty loaded team talent-wise, with Iverson and Melo, Camby and Nene. 

The Spurs have to be favored based on their superior record and post-season experience, but this is not an easy first-round matchup.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs end their season with a game against the Nuggets.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:02:01 PM »
2006 playoffs Spurs got one of the best #8s in Ron Artesty - Bonzi hot Wells Kings.
With lurker being unable to force Brent Barry out of the lineup we got 73% fga including 55% on treys from BarrDog, including the Barry Bouncer game winner in Gm 3 and prevailed 4-2.

2005 we also had a tough Denver team, lost the 1st game but won then won 4 straight.

Spurs are used to not having refs, media on their side en route to earned Championships.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »
Rick...put this little tidbit into your calculator.  Spurs are 22-3 since the all-star break.  Nuggets even with their 7 game streak are 13-7 in their last 20 games.

Then there is the little thing called #2 seed.  2 losses by Phoenix in their 4 games in 5 days finish against 4 playoff teams (Clips, Jazz, Rockets, Lakers) means that the Spurs will be the #2 seed.  If the #2 seed is still up for grabs on that last day don't expect the Spurs to be on cruise control.

Reality...on the Finley vs Barry discussion.  I would rather have Finley shooting over 50% from the field & arc in April than Barry shooting around 50% in November & December.  But just keep the blinders on ye-of-little-faith.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 02:34:42 PM »
Reality...on the Finley vs Barry discussion.  I would rather have Finley shooting over 50% from the field & arc in April than Barry shooting around 50% in November & December.  But just keep the blinders on ye-of-little-faith.
2006 season April stats?  Better yet BarrDogs 2006 entire 2nd half stats.  Can i help lift the blinders?  I sure don't remember you honking for Barry before 2006 Round 1.

And if you can manuever your bifocals up to the screen to get this:
If Finley stays hot i have NO problem with him starting and/or getting minutes over Barry.  Just like when Barry is hotter then Finley then Barry should get the minutes.
If he does not then NO i don't want him staying in just because you and Pop have affection for him, especially 40 minutes per game for a series. ::)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 03:07:00 PM by Reality »