Author Topic: Spike Lee states Bird most overrated player ever!  (Read 3133 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spike Lee states Bird most overrated player ever!
« on: March 21, 2004, 09:20:44 PM »
I guess the white media also gave him 3 consecutive MVP's, 3 titles and two finals MVP's.

Spike Lee's comments are obviously from a b-ball moron but I'm wondering if he'll get the same type of backlash as Rush Bibolaugh got for his comments about McNabb.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 10:30:28 PM »
I guess the white media also gave him 3 consecutive MVP's, 3 titles and two finals MVP's.

Spike Lee's comments are obviously from a b-ball moron but I'm wondering if he'll get the same type of backlash as Rush Bibolaugh got for his comments about McNabb.
Probably not.  You know why? Cuz the white media fabricated Larry's great college career, the celtics domination of the EC, and the Lakers/Celtics battles thru out the 80s, his records, and of course his gold metal.  Including what you mentioned above.  Spike is a director...he can apperciate creating and fabricating moments in front of people using people.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 10:32:15 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 11:02:49 PM »

You know what's amazing about all of this?  Spike (as a black guy) can say all this about Bird (as a white guy) and get a little flack whereas if a white guy said this about a black guy he'd be picking up his pink slip -- and we've all seen it happen.  That, my friend, is called reverse discrimination.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 01:06:20 AM »
Exactly what you would expect from the racist punk that is Spike Lee, funny how it is OK to be racist if you are a minority, well, no, really it's not.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 08:39:46 AM »

frankly I think Spike is an idiot.  Didnt he try to sue Spike TV over the uise of the name "SPIKE" trying to say he had exclusive rights over it?   what is wrong with this guy?  he start dong crack?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 09:59:04 AM »
Yep, Rush Limbaugh criticized McNabb and lost his job, so there is some truth to that.
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 10:54:21 AM »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 11:14:17 AM »
Look at Spike's answer on 9a:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/questions/spikelee.html
what?  no Tim Duncan?  no KG?  how would "the greats"  stand up two these two?

russel on shaq?  dont know i think the big labotomy could still go ape nuts on him.  

as for some of his other choices, well cant say i would argue too much with them...

jordan and magic are always solid picks.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 01:02:52 PM »
Look at Spike's answer on 9a:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/questions/spikelee.html
what?  no Tim Duncan?  no KG?  how would "the greats"  stand up two these two?

russel on shaq?  dont know i think the big labotomy could still go ape nuts on him.  

as for some of his other choices, well cant say i would argue too much with them...

jordan and magic are always solid picks.
I don't know about that -- Russell was a very crafty defensive player -- an outstanding one -- who played Wilt very well (where is Writerman when you need him -- because Writerman could talk about how Wilt could throw around Shaq like he was a rag doll  :lol: ).  I don't believe Wilt was any stronger than Shaq -- I don't believe he was as strong (esp. in the lower body) but I do think that Russell would have found a way.  He would have frustrated the heck out of Shaq (and Shaq doesn't play well frustrated -- angry, he plays well, frustrated, no).

I don't agree with Mars though -- Kareem was the best center ever and in his prime, the obvious choice for center of this team.  I would agree with Magic and MJ and I think he makes a mistake with Malone -- TD is, IMO, the best PF to ever play the game, both offensively and defensively.  You need a top 3 though and having a shooter like Bird is definately what you need.  I think the Big O was a better player but Bird is a better shooter.

Offline TheloMonk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 05:25:45 PM »
Would someone post a link to Spike's comments about Bird.  I'd like to read them.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 06:46:53 PM »
Would someone post a link to Spike's comments about Bird.  I'd like to read them.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/m...2-martzke_x.htm

Rebuttal award: When filmmaker Spike Lee said in a taped segment on ABC's NBA Hangtime on Sunday, "Listen to the white media and it is like nobody has ever played basketball before Larry Bird", studio analyst Byron Scott said, "I don't care if you talk white, black, green, (Bird) was great. Period. End of story."

Spike Lee is a dumbarse.  He should get an honorary membership to Rush Limbaugh's "ditto heads".

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2004, 02:14:26 PM »
What Spike should have said was that there weren't multi-million dollar contracts being offered to black basketball players until the white media recognized the potential for the entertainment value of the game once the Bird AND MAGIC rivalry came about.

He can imply all he wants, but the reality is, these black kids actually have a monetary goal that can set them and their families up for life thanks to that white media playing up the game.

It was the Bird and Magic phenomenon that the media latched on to. Sure, the fact that Bird was white enhanced that way beyond had it been two black guys competing. So what? The end result is we have the entertainment dollar supporting the NBA like never before.

While Lee can voice his resentment that this so-called white media ignored the NBA game prior to the arrival of Bird (and Magic), he might ask some of those ghetto kids now playing in the NBA and making millions through salary and endorsements whether that hurts them financially now.

Those who can't play, say.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."