Author Topic: OT: Welcome NYCdog!  (Read 1992 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT: Welcome NYCdog!
« on: March 20, 2004, 10:29:53 PM »
I think you'll find this group very interesting, except for the clueless taco eating Spurs fans, everybody seems to know the game from almost every angle.

Don't let the avatars or siglines fool you, their are a few adults amoung this group!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 02:08:24 AM »
Hey once again thanks for the invite.........

By lurking around, I've seen this is indeed an interesting group.......so the conversations should be interesting.

And believe it or not, I've even run into one of those, as you claimed, "clueless taco eating Spur fans" before you could have even warned me about them........see my first post in the "the Nets" thread.........the poor guy actually thought the Air Jordan XIX jersey Jason Kidd was sportin in the commercial said "Brooklyn" on it. How the bloody hell he came up with that conclusion is way beyond me, regardless if I'm sober or drunk........

But its aight.........They all cant be clueless. I'm sure there are some smart Spur fans..........

Ill respect everyone's opinions and weed out the good from the bad from that point........

Anyways, you guys will see me here from time to time and I look foward to many interesting conversations with all of you..........

« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 02:36:47 AM by NYCdog »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 11:07:39 AM »
Oh the Krishnas will keep you busy also.
Welcome to the board NYCDog.

W.O.W. what became of your other referral from NY?  Cant recall his board name.
KnickJMs?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 12:23:10 PM »
By lurking around, I've seen this is indeed an interesting group.

Hey, that's my job.   :ph34r:   Back to the bench you ball hoggin', respect lackin' friend of some delusional smog addled Laker fan.

BTW it's always nice to see new blood on the board.  What team do you follow?  Knicks?  Nets?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 12:23:24 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 12:38:05 PM »
Hey once again thanks for the invite.........

By lurking around, I've seen this is indeed an interesting group.......so the conversations should be interesting.

And believe it or not, I've even run into one of those, as you claimed, "clueless taco eating Spur fans" before you could have even warned me about them........see my first post in the "the Nets" thread.........the poor guy actually thought the Air Jordan XIX jersey Jason Kidd was sportin in the commercial said "Brooklyn" on it. How the bloody hell he came up with that conclusion is way beyond me, regardless if I'm sober or drunk........

But its aight.........They all cant be clueless. I'm sure there are some smart Spur fans..........

Ill respect everyone's opinions and weed out the good from the bad from that point........

Anyways, you guys will see me here from time to time and I look foward to many interesting conversations with all of you..........

NYCdog, welcome to our board.  We actually do manage to get a little basketball amid all of our other OT rants.  Actually, the OT rants have been excessive lately (due to 101 drinking problem, I'm sure -- of course, I would probably take up drinking too if I were a Spurs fan) but there are some good basketball discussions (oh, skip the ones where Reality talks about the Lakers) so I hope you will stick around and chime in.  

How about changing the name of the NJ Nets to the Brooklyn Boys?  Then we can call them the BB's -- or the Bad Boys (although I'm not sure that this team really exemplifies that name -- perhaps Martin does at times).  

Anyway, welcome and hope you jump right in.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 07:09:15 PM »
Welcome NYC...Im hopping that the word of mouth will get this board with a large amount of regular posters.  Nice to get some more eastcoast flavor on the board.  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 08:07:51 PM »
Hey guys, to answer some of your questions..........

1.........What is a Krishna.........I'm clueless to that. But with your warning, I'm afraid to find out........

2..........My favorite team........

Knicks were my no. 1 in my heart, but now the Nets have replaced them.

Its not because of the winning and losing by both teams...........Its has all to do with the Nets future in Brooklyn. I live not to far away from the proposed site of the Brooklyn Arena on Flatbush and Atlantic in Park Slope. I'm down at Flatbush and Linden Ave. The feeling to me is exciting knowing that a professional team could soon rep my hood. And the feeling on the streets in this part of the city is of utter excitement and wonder. Some closer to the site are a little worried though, but that's natural.

But since the announcement of the Ratner/Jay-Z ownership group winning the bidding war for the Nets and move them to Brooklyn, I have became a fan of the Nets.

Do I think the arena will get built?

Yes hands down.

Bruce Ratner is a local developer who has successfully buile multi-million dollar projects in Brooklyn before. There shouldnt be any problems financing the project with the deep pocket investors on board and the city and private sector will to hep get it done.

Can Brooklyn and NYC both support teams?

Sure.

The entire city is excited, not just Brooklynites. You see, Bklyn aint exactly suburban like it was billed in the good ole' days. Bklyn is now a major part of the fabric of this city. So this team wont just represent Bklyn, it will represent the whole NYC.

The Nets and Brooklyn appear to be a match when you also factor in the fact that Brooklyn is a hotbed for local hoops talent, past, present, and most likely in the future.  

Besides, New Yorkers are probably more happier with the move to Brooklyn they would have been if the Nets moved to join Wang and the Isles in L.I. That move would have been rather ordinary........

But this "experiment" will be the best thing to happen to the Borough of Brooklyn and for New York sports teams in general.

Win or loose, I'll never stop rooting for the Knicks. But once the Nets bring professional sports back to Brooklyn, I'll be a "Bum", with my Pops. Just not a "Dodgers Bum," but as a "Nets Bum!" And I'm sure alot of other Brooklynites will be too.

As for the team name........we know it will be "Brooklyn Nets" The name has history in the area so I doubt it will get dumped. And word is, the look will be a modernized version of the retro New York Nets "Starry" look. That should be interesting......

Anyways..........its a pleasure meeting all of you.........