Author Topic: Another suspension for the Kobester?  (Read 11433 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Another suspension for the Kobester?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 02:46:45 PM »
My point exactly....which is why your post (and the continued name calling in this one) seem so...so...fanhomish.  Maybe you just got confused as to which board you were posting on.  When the smog clears, try again.

I guess we've all lost our sense of humor, I don't post on other boards cause jokes and banter get flammed instead of getting interesting/fun responses, ala JoMal.  Name calling of players and posters has been part of this board for EVER.  This is just getting old.

Granted, getting humorous responses IS getting harder. Some of my best stuff goes unapreciated.

But Lurker never has struck me as being that humorous, no offense.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 03:35:59 PM »

By definition lurking around is definately not a humorous endeavor....
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 04:13:55 PM »
My point exactly....which is why your post (and the continued name calling in this one) seem so...so...fanhomish.  Maybe you just got confused as to which board you were posting on.  When the smog clears, try again.

I guess we've all lost our sense of humor, I don't post on other boards cause jokes and banter get flammed instead of getting interesting/fun responses, ala JoMal.  Name calling of players and posters has been part of this board for EVER.  This is just getting old.

Granted, getting humorous responses IS getting harder. Some of my best stuff goes unapreciated.

I disagree I actually think Lurker is pretty funny at times.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 06:27:49 PM »

Yeah, but never intentionally.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 10:06:50 AM »

Yeah, but never intentionally.

Au contraire....it is just lurking humor is too subtle for those educated in California.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2007, 10:57:59 AM »
Au contraire....it is just lurking humor is too subtle for those educated in California.

Like an education from Texass is something to be proud of, the biggest claim to "smarts" fame is NASA.  The funny thing is everything that made NASA possible came from JPL in Pasadena, CA.

Maybe it IS an educational divide, maybe "subtle" means the same as "whinny" in Texass.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »

Like an education from Texass is something to be proud of, the biggest claim to "smarts" fame is NASA.  The funny thing is everything that made NASA possible came from JPL in Pasadena, CA.

Maybe it IS an educational divide, maybe "subtle" means the same as "whinny" in Texass.

I would feel offended if I was educated in Texas but since I wasn't this is just additional nonsense.  Maybe another spin....
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2007, 11:32:46 AM »
My California education has rewarded me with an underpaid state job, student loans that required creative financing to pay off, and a superiority complex that makes Donald Trump look like a Philipino bumboy.

The ways they teach creative cheating in this state is beyond compare, even by Texas standards.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007, 11:50:24 AM »
The ways they teach creative cheating in this state is beyond compare, even by Texas standards.

You have never seen a Texas election...hanging chads, kids play.  In Texas the dead rise to make it to the polls.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 12:11:55 PM »
You have never seen a Texas election...hanging chads, kids play.  In Texas the dead rise to make it to the polls.

How do you tell the difference between the dead and living in Texass?  My experience in Texass is you can't use appearence or IQ as a criteria.

We need to get liquored up so we can tell each other "I luv ya man!"
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 12:17:59 PM »
JoMal's favorite toilet stall graffitti:

Here I sit, cheeks aflexin'
Giving birth to another Texan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 01:58:17 PM »

But the stroy behind the story from reliable sources:  Studies have shown that Californians that eat too many borritos, enchiladas and refried beans become pregnant and quickly give birth to another member of that super race known on this planet as Texans.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »

But the stroy behind the story from reliable sources:  Studies have shown that Californians that eat too many borritos, enchiladas and refried beans become pregnant and quickly give birth to another member of that super race known on this planet as Texans.

Another reason why Texans should keep their burritos in their wrappers.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2007, 02:37:12 PM »
Another reason why Texans should keep their burritos in their wrappers.

Why should they when Californians are so eager to eat them?
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2007, 04:14:03 PM »
MSC,

It was a second offense in less than a month, and apparently a part of Kobe's repetoire.  Even moving so as to draw a foul while shooting is a dishonest play.  Some may call it smart, but it is unsportsmanlike.  It is as bad as a player who flops for minimal contact. 

Well then I guess Michael Jordan, Dominic Wilkens, Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Allen Iverson and Dwayne Wade are all dishonest and unsportsmanlike. 

This is why it should be a stiff suspension- one time, maybe an accident, but he draw blood so he get's a one gamer.  Less than a month later, he hits another player upside the head, putting him on the ground.  Kobe is being an ass, and this is a blemish on an otherwise very talented player. 10 games and a fine and he won't do it again, which is the point of a punishment. 

I haven't seen any malice in either of these incidents.  I'm sure you saw the Duke/NC play last weekend, now that was clearly malice and intent, I don't see either with these two similar plays within a month with Kobe. 

Stern has handed down very stiff suspensions for throwing punches.  Isn't what Kobe is doing with this exagerated movement, a punch?  It sure looks that way.  With the league having an image problem, getting rep as a league filled with thugs quick to get into fights, the last thing they need is one of their stars doing the Kobe flail, and hitting players in the head.

We clearly disagree on this matter, but good lord you're comparing this to a punch?  Really?  A closed fist, I'm gonna punch you in the face, punch?  I can't even see that comparision.  However, if it Kobe did punch someone or throw an intentional punch, then of course he, just like any other player, should be suspended and fined accordingly.  Again, I don't see intent or malice here, but I guess I'm on crack. 

Maybe Stern has adopted a three strikes and you're out policy with Kobe.  My concern is that another 1 game suspension tells Kobe, yeah, you can cheap shot your opponent, but you'll have to sit a game if you do. A second offense has to be stiffer than the first, since the first obviously didn't act as a deterrent!

I would echo the sentiment of Skander's post in this thread.  Hate Kobe all you want, but there isn't another player in the league who wants to be on the floor competing more than he does, including your boy AI.