Author Topic: Kings' team chemistry anticipated to greatly improve........  (Read 5586 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Kings' team chemistry anticipated to greatly improve........
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »
Jomal this is just further vindication of my view that Popavitches playoff move was stupid.
Mad Dog Artest looking to commit and commiting domestic violence on Tony Parker.

20 pt lead was safe.  Get him out of the game.

Okay this one had me chokin' back my apple juice.  :D

The poor guy is STILL heart-broken about this....

Reality you're absolutely ridiculous....funny..........but ridiculous. :D :D

Didn't the Spurs still go on to win that series?

The only thing that the Kings/Spurs series exposed was that Bowens can't defend everyone (Wells) like he does Ray Allen and make them cry like a baby afterwards about it. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 02:16:23 PM »
The only thing that the Kings/Spurs series exposed was that Bowens can't defend everyone (Wells) like he does Ray Allen and make them cry like a baby afterwards about it. 

Actually I would say it exposed that Bowen isn't a very strong post defender once the opponent catches the ball.  Bowen's strengths are denying the ball and good foot movement to stay with a perimeter oriented player.  That and the small fact that Bowen guarded Artest mostly.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »
Jomal this is just further vindication of my view that Popavitches playoff move was stupid.
Mad Dog Artest looking to commit and commiting domestic violence on Tony Parker.

Nooo.  Parkers great reg season continued in a great playoff series vs Kings.
Up until the Artest attack.  Parker then rendered 60% for the Mavs series.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 03:12:03 PM »

Actually I would say it exposed that Bowen isn't a very strong post defender once the opponent catches the ball.  Bowen's strengths are denying the ball and good foot movement to stay with a perimeter oriented player.  That and the small fact that Bowen guarded Artest mostly.

Artest was way too strong for Bowen, so Pop switched him often onto Wells. Bonzi would start to salivate every time.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 03:12:55 PM »

He's just a bad man, that Artest.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 05:06:19 PM »

lol

When I read this I got the visual of Ron Artest waiting outside the locker room ala Tanya Hardin with a billy club for Tony Parker.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 06:08:20 PM »

lol

When I read this I got the visual of Ron Artest waiting outside the locker room ala Tanya Hardin with a billy club for Tony Parker.

It was a light tap. Who knew the little Frenchy was so fragile?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 07:01:50 PM »
It was a light tap. Who knew the little Frenchy was so fragile? 
Who you callin "light tap"?  Who just said that?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »
Is it safe to say that this guy has now sabotaged his third team?  I seem to remember saying that several months ago and got a slew of responses about how he's a changed man and everyone gets a chance to change.  How many times does this jackoff get have to get arrested and how many teams does he drive in to the crapper before we realize he's a cancer? 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 09:33:16 AM »
How many times does this jackoff get have to get arrested and how many teams does he drive in to the crapper before we realize he's a cancer? 

Until he does it as a Laker, then the rest of us will see the light.  ;)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 11:00:27 AM »
How many times does this jackoff get have to get arrested and how many teams does he drive in to the crapper before we realize he's a cancer? 

Until he does it as a Laker, then the rest of us will see the light.  ;)

We are going to get an over the hill egotistical delusional-teams-would-want-me-more-then-MJ loud mouth great defender instead...Scottie Pippen!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »
Back to Artest.

Apparently, the police have been called to the Artest house six times prior to the latest incident, since last August. Several did not amount to anything - Ron made several of the calls and after one, he told police he was trying to dial 411, misdialed 911, so immediately hung up. Of course, by hanging up, that triggered an immediate response by police, who found an agitated women in front of the house who did not want to press charges about anything, so the deputies left. On another call Ron made, it was regarding "an ill women" at the house, but no other details came out of that one.

Then there was the "Ron is vandalizing the house" call made by his wife, who refused to press charges, but just wanted the incident "to be documented". One of the 911 calls was in reference to a "verbal disturbance", which the police mediated on site and referred the couple to counseling and left.

The most interesting prior call was made by a neighbor after midnight on Christmas night. They reported a problem at the house. Deputies arrived to find a BMW had crashed into bushes on the Artest property with the front end crushed. That matter was listed as a private property automobile accident and no report was taken. Interestingly, Ron Artest was apparently out of town that day; not playing a game, as the Kings were off from the 22nd to the 27th of December.

In the latest incident, Ron was leaving the house in his wife's car, according to a particularly nosey neighbor who witnessed this part of the confrontation, when Ron's wife came running after him as he was backing out, whaling on the car with a frying pan until she broke the windshield. At this point, Ron and the women went back into the house. Then the woman called 911, claiming Ron had pushed her down and she was bleeding from a cut on her finger (no doubt caused by glass when she was attacking the car with Ron in it, but that has to be determined yet. The reason I think it was glass is because she said the cut would not stop bleeding and anyone who has ever been cut by glass knows those suckers bleed forever.) Anyway, one of the most significant charges laid at Ron's feet was that he prevented someone from calling 911. 

In January, Artest was cited for abusing (not properly feeding) his Great Dane, which was taken away from the house. He could face either misdemeanor or felony charges on that one, and a fine of up to $20,000.

Sooooo.......anyone looking for a defensive-minded, otherwise mindless, small forward with a penchant for abusing animals and women, sings offensively bad rap tunes that soon will remind us of bad Country and Western songs (I lost my job, I lost my wife, and my dog left me - kil ma lan'lord!!). You can have him for the price of a good therapist.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 03:13:24 AM »
Press conference.
Sincerely contrite Artest.
I heard him apologize to Kings, was told he also apologized to Bulls and Pacers.  True?

Jomal what is the outlook of an Artesty Kings continuation?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
At his press conference, a sobbing Artest apologized to everyone, almost by name. The Kings, the SacTown fans, his teammates, he started with his wife and his family and did mention his prior teams. It was a long and at times silent (he paused often for the sobbing and to be comforted by his lawyer and by Petrie) apology that certainly sounded contrite.

But he left out his dog, Socks. This disturbed me. Of all the individuals he has wronged, none were more deserving of a direct apology then Socks. Socks is now being cared for by another local lawyer for Artest who is dealing with THAT case.

At least through this year, Artest will remain a King. His value certainly declined with the latest arrest and the time to deal him for value passed with the passing of the trade deadline. But he does have talent. The thing is, on offense, his presence negates Kevin Martin's offensive game by cutting down on the number of shots taken by the third year guard. So teams can sag off Martin more and double down inside. This results in less offense and actually negates any defensive advantage that comes with Ron on the floor.

What it boils down to is that Artest is likely to be traded more for the mess he makes of the offensive gameplan then for any off-court incidents. He just does not fit chemistry-wise with what the Kings would like to do. 

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 10:40:28 AM »
Imagine that - Ron Artest can't fit in with a team's offensive game plan.

Come on, folks - this is old news!  That should have been obvious the moment he took issue with Rick Carlisle.  If you can't fit into a Rick Carlisle offensive game plan, you simply can't fit into an offensive game plan!
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!