Author Topic: Can Shaq carry the Heat to the playoffs - without Wade?  (Read 5691 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can Shaq carry the Heat to the playoffs - without Wade?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 06:33:01 PM »
WOW stop with the extension talk and trading Kobe for no return.
Do i need to buy you Lakers a copy of Phil Jacksons book?
Before the trade deadline 2003-4, mensas.

I don't think you understand the position Kobe had on the Lakers.  They would have gotten nothing because Kobe would of and DID excersise his option to become an FA.
You are speaking of after the trading deadline.
I'm going to go real slow here.  Before the trading deadline in midseason 2003-4 the MOAT team, the Lakers most certainly could have traded Kobe.
Phil approached Kupcake and asked him to.  Page 68, 69 and 118 of Phils book.

As to understanding the position the Lakers had on Shaq, simple.  He was signed for two more years.  Play or sit.  The Big Pouter may have been just as motivated in L.A. as Miami.  I think he would have been even more motivated after Kobe ratted on him.
I agree msc BUT had the Lakers got rid of Kobe and kept Shaq you might have seen the Miami Shaq in L.A.   
It's this kind of glorious out-of-The-LakerHouse thinking that has me picturing you in RoBlackman status in the future.
True we shall never know for sure, but who knows what they could have traded Kobme for and what the resulting Shaq-Ray Allen Shaq-Eltie Brand-Corey MeGette would have accomplished.  Karl Malone would have comeback with Shaq also.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:50:46 PM by Reality »