Author Topic: GNob scores 24 straight  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
GNob scores 24 straight
« on: February 22, 2007, 02:03:44 AM »
Third tier Manu SuperGnob scored 24 straight to help the Spurs beat the ATL last night.

Bascially all in the 2nd qtr.
Came back in 4th qtr after Atlanta cut the Spurs 14 pt lead to a tie to give the Spurs another burst and finish with 40 pts.

GNob seems to be digging coming off the bench as he is 2nd to only Ben Gordon in off the bench scoring. 
Real fans are hoping GNob is on his way to returning to his Championship form of 2003 & 5.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: GNob scores 24 straight
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 09:58:37 AM »
Real fans are hoping GNob is on his way to returning to his Championship form of 2003 & 5.

I have to ask, what are you hoping for then?

Let me know when he scores 80 points in a game or if he scores 60 in three quarters.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 12:13:40 PM »
Third tier Manu SuperGnob scored 24 straight to help the Spurs beat the ATL last night.

Bascially all in the 2nd qtr.
Came back in 4th qtr after Atlanta cut the Spurs 14 pt lead to a tie to give the Spurs another burst and finish with 40 pts.

GNob seems to be digging coming off the bench as he is 2nd to only Ben Gordon in off the bench scoring. 

Wowsers, very impressive, and against the Atlanta Hawks no less. 

Really?  Lurker, SpursX3, spursfan101 is this true?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »

I didn't know he had lost it.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »

I didn't know he had lost it.

Are his numbers even that far down?!

And can we change it to 'Real and Bandwagon fans are hoping GNob is on his way to returning to his Championship form of 2003 and 2005' ?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 12:48:59 PM »
And can we change it to 'Real and Bandwagon fans are hoping GNob is on his way to returning to his Championship form of 2003 and 2005' ?

Can we both say, "Gee, and I wish MY team had a chance to vie for a championship run this year?"

What is it with you? 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 12:55:07 PM »

Can we both say, "Gee, and I wish MY team had a chance to vie for a championship run this year?"

What is it with you? 

What do you mean 'what is it with you' ?

Are you offended that I will not recognize Reality as a true Spurs fan?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 01:11:26 PM »

Yeah, kind of.

If Reality wants to be a Spurs fan after supporting some other team, so what? I don't hear you complaining about Joe Vancil changing his affiliation to the Jazz after he admitted to having supported other teams before them.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 01:53:03 PM »

Yeah, kind of.

If Reality wants to be a Spurs fan after supporting some other team, so what? I don't hear you complaining about Joe Vancil changing his affiliation to the Jazz after he admitted to having supported other teams before them.

Maybe because Joe doesn't cause as many problems?  Or better yet he doesn't rep teams strickly because they beat a certain team he hates.

I think Reality is old enough to handle his own e-battles on message boards JoMaL.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:59:31 PM by westkoast »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 02:04:22 PM »

Maybe because Joe doesn't cause as many problems?  Or better yet he doesn't rep teams strickly because they beat a certain team he hates.

I think Reality is old enough to handle his own e-battles on message boards JoMaL.

Yeah, but I am changing the dynamics of this thread to suit me instead of Reality, who does well enough on his own.

I would think that instead of him, you would be more upset with guys like WayOutWest and Rolando - both former followers of your team who now claim they favor other teams for various reasons.

BTW, I am not that surprised by the latest Laker problems. While it all looked good for a while, these Lakers still are a superstar, a mid-range (talent-wise) power forward, and youth. And if losing Luke Walton was the catalyst for the latest run of loses, we need to rethink the paradyne of how to build a winning NBA team in the current era.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 02:14:38 PM »

Yeah, but I am changing the dynamics of this thread to suit me instead of Reality, who does well enough on his own.

I would think that instead of him, you would be more upset with guys like WayOutWest and Rolando - both former followers of your team who now claim they favor other teams for various reasons.

BTW, I am not that surprised by the latest Laker problems. While it all looked good for a while, these Lakers still are a superstar, a mid-range (talent-wise) power forward, and youth. And if losing Luke Walton was the catalyst for the latest run of loses, we need to rethink the paradyne of how to build a winning NBA team in the current era.

I don't have a problem with those two because they don't specifically like teams out of spite.  How can I get mad at Rolando for enjoying the Spurs if I do also?   WoW follows both LA teams but he doesn't like the Clippers to spite the Lakers.  Do you notice I don't give him(reality) a hard time about being a Clipper fan?  There is a simple reason for that.  He follows them cuz they are a local team and use to be a San Diego team at one time.  As for saying he is not a real fan...Are you going to get on Spurs fans for saying this same thing to him?  Or do you want to get at me over another issue you have with myself?

I don't think Luke Walton is the catalyst for this at all, like I said I wish I could say it was that but it is a poor showing from everyone on this squad on just about every night in the last month.  They've got a few wins inbetween then but only because the other team actually played much more poor then they did.  I think youve seen plenty of games where both teams play horrible but one happens to play a little bit worse at the end.  I'd love to place blame on one thing, it would certainly make the situation look alot better but it isn't one particular thing that stands out other then effort/focus.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 02:17:14 PM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 02:17:56 PM »
When was Manu traded to the Lakers?  JoMal, I think you drank too much of that Austrailian wine...you are beginning to make as little sense as Randy.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 02:31:06 PM »
And if losing Luke Walton was the catalyst for the latest run of loses, we need to rethink the paradyne of how to build a winning NBA team in the current era.

Agreed.  While non of us ever want to use injuries as an excuse for losing, one must acknowledge that very few teams could do well while losing 5 starters for significant periods of time.  That said a 6-game skid is inexcusable, but I'm actually surprised their record isn't worse considering the amount of injuries to starters.  I can't recall ever seeing a Laker team in the last 25-years have this many prolonged injuries to starters.  Hopefully, they can get Kwame and Walton back soon and build a little momentum going in to the playoffs. 

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 02:56:33 PM »
When was Manu traded to the Lakers?  JoMal, I think you drank too much of that Austrailian wine...you are beginning to make as little sense as Randy.

Randy announced he was leaving the board because he disagreed with an unfavorable Laker thread, which he suddenly perceived as a pattern. While he apparently was trying to fill a necessary void by posting here, I just figured Manu lacked enough pizzazz to talk just about him, so if drinking too much Australian wine is wrong, I don't want to just write.   

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 04:17:15 PM »
I would think that instead of him, you would be more upset with guys like WayOutWest......

WTF?  I'm still a Laker fan, I'm a fan of local teams, always root for the Lakers first Clippers second and -insert players name I like here- third.  That was just a stupid comment. 

All I can say is "your momma!".
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"