Author Topic: Shaqs contribution Heat over Spurs  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs contribution Heat over Spurs
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:21:44 PM »
25 minutes 16/7
7-11 fgs
2-3 fts  ???
7 boards 3 O boards.

Once again he had nothing to do with a Heat win.

He even had a push off on Duncan for the O board, followed by a no call charge for the hoop.  Pure 2000-2. :D

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Huh?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 12:38:56 PM »
Hey Reality!

Tell me you are not serious...otherwise, I may have to unleash my favorite Emoticon on you.

The 2000 - 2002 comment makes me think you posted this with tongue-in-cheek - I'm hoping that this is the case!

Don't rag on Shaq, 'cause RB's got his back. 

-RB
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shaqs contribution Heat over Spurs
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 12:57:19 PM »
I did, sort of. ;)
Shaq was in much better shape and mobility, esp 2000 and 2001.

He is still very effective, esp given todays NBA centers.

I'll bring you up to date on the Laker posters view of Shaq since you were on board vacation.

1.  Shaq had nothing to do with the Heats Championship last year.  It was all DWade and Mourning, not Shaq.Now if you bring up, "Wow, how come DWade titled with Shaq but Kobme could not in 2003 or 2004?", they will balk and insist Kobme is much better then DWade.  Yeah, mix a drink with that combination.  Be sure to give them Kobmes shooting stats and assists while he was double teamed by the Pistons.  Get ready for another drink.

2.  Shaq at 60%, injured but playing and Heat still coming within 60 seconds of the Finals in 2005 is meaningless.  That Kobme and company were going 34-48 at the same time is meaningless.  "They both failed to make the Finals, which is equal footing."  The Shaq trade was a must they will tell you, over and over and over.

3.  On to this year they insisted once again he would be worthless and washed up, contribute nothing.  Like against San Antonio, right?

Offline Rolando Blackman

• View Profile
    • Email
There is no one better
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 07:18:09 PM »
Hey Reality!

As I have tirelessly reiterated, there still is to this day NO center in the NBA that is more 'dominant' than 'The Daddy'.
Although he he is too old and broken-down to build a franchise around any more, he is the perfect center for a team that (almost) has all of the other championship pieces in place, like the Heat.

Watch out for Miami in the playoffs (PLAYOFFS? - Jim Mora) this year - even though they are the defending champions, it's like they are a sleeper team to win it all.  With 'The Big Historical' in the lineup and Riles prowling the sidelines on his newly-replaced hip, anything is possible.  Re-peat, anyone?

-RB
Shaq #1

Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: There is no one better
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 01:35:09 PM »
Re-peat, anyone?

-RB
Shaq #1

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....NO!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: There is no one better
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »
Re-peat, anyone?

-RB
Shaq #1

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....NO!

I agree...they will win the title again with Shaq/Wade when Jack In The Box tacos become better then Tito's lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Rolando Blackman

• View Profile
    • Email
Remember those words when D-Wade hoists the trophy
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »
Hey WoW and wk!

You will find that the 'Unstoppable Juggernaut' (I love that one) is not to be trifled with in "winnin' time" - just wait and see.

BTW, from writing the previous sentence, I finally figured out the origin of a ghetto slang term that I hear all the time at my grocery store in South L.A. - 'trife', such as used by Ice Cube in the following rap:

You're living so trife
You need Jesus in your life.

I understood the meaning of the word from the context in which it is used, but I have always been interested in how slang is developed.

- RB
Shaq #1
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Remember those words when D-Wade hoists the trophy
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 08:15:29 PM »
Hey WoW and wk!

You will find that the 'Unstoppable Juggernaut' (I love that one) is not to be trifled with in "winnin' time" - just wait and see.

BTW, from writing the previous sentence, I finally figured out the origin of a ghetto slang term that I hear all the time at my grocery store in South L.A. - 'trife', such as used by Ice Cube in the following rap:

You're living so trife
You need Jesus in your life.

I understood the meaning of the word from the context in which it is used, but I have always been interested in how slang is developed.

- RB
Shaq #1

I would think it comes from "trifle", much of slang is just saying a word in a lazy manner.  Of course there are exception like "5000" or "gaffling"
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"