Author Topic: HMMM Tim Duncan coming off the bench?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
HMMM Tim Duncan coming off the bench?
« on: March 19, 2004, 12:32:58 PM »
Isn't it funny how Duncan had no problem with coming off the bench for the good of the team? Major props to a class guy, love the way he showed up a totally classless worthless punk named Alan "I'm a starter, it's all about me" Iverson.

You have to respect Duncan, he's never shown anything but class his whole career.
Dan

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
HMMM Tim Duncan coming off the bench?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 12:35:15 PM »
[size=8]People portray him as a dry person, but in actuality, he's pretty funny. Read this except from the SA Express-News...[/size]

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich walked into Thursday morning's shootaround and told Malik Rose to put on a black jersey with the rest of the starters. Then he told Tim Duncan to wear gray.

"I'm not playing," Duncan said. "I can't come off the bench. I'm a starter."

As the rest of the Spurs howled, Duncan smiled and ended his Allen Iverson standoff by turning his practice jersey inside-out instead of taking it off.

Happy enough to be in uniform, Duncan took his seat on the bench Thursday night. When he did return to the court, he made up for the six minutes he missed — as well as the previous week — scoring 22 points to lead the Spurs to a rousing 106-86 victory over Minnesota in front of a sellout crowd at the SBC Center.

Paul