Author Topic: Aw crap, the Sixers win 2 in a row!  (Read 1687 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Aw crap, the Sixers win 2 in a row!
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:53:25 AM »
Now that the stars have been traded, I want the team to get the lottery pick.  Unfortunately Andre Igoudala had other ideas.

Last night, the Sixers played Cleveland, and the Cavs had their full line-up.  I wouldn't expect the Sixers to even be in the game, but they were going back and forth with the lead for like 18 times.

At the end, the Sixers refuse to give up.  They're behind by 6 and time is running out. But Iggy, who's been guarding LeBron most of the night, decides to be a hero, and throws up a three-pointer, swish.

They're still down, but the Sixers are energized and scape and claw their way back and even look like they're going to win the game, but it ends with an OT.  In the first OT the Sixers get out to a lead and LeBron does the hero bit shooting a couple of trey's to tie again.

Finally the Sixers got the edge in the second OT and walked out of Cleveland with a victory.

Now, they're trying to entertain me and win ball games, great guys, just great!

Cleveland isn't going anywhere- they can't shoot free throws,

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Aw crap, the Sixers win 2 in a row!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »
This is tough...you want to see Andre really come into his own and learn what it like to be "the man" or "the hero" on a consistant basis.  At the same time you don't want him to be either of those things because in order to be the hero/man you have to win the game.  Winning obviously keeps them from getting the lottery balls.

Catch 22 right?

Although just the thought of hearing Ig's not only taking Bron on as a defensive assignment but do his thing on the offensive end is cool to hear.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 04:31:34 PM »
Catch 22?  Exactly.

Iggy was flat out amazing last night, making Kobesque shots driving against Lebron, sinking 3 pointers and basically taking over the game.

It really turned out to be a Lebron and Igoudala battle, with both of them willing their teams to win. Both of them had help of course, but they were the primary players. 

When Igoudala plays like that, I start thinking he will eventually become a player like Gilbert Arenas or Dwayne Wade.  He's starting to look a lot more confident in his ability to make something happen with the ball in his hands.

Andre Miller is making the Sixers a much better team with his pass first attitude. He can shoot, play defense and thread a pass through defenders to an open teamate.  I am concerned that the Sixers will figure out a way to win a few games with him running the offense and Iggy starting to think that this is his team.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:43:33 PM »
I think the draft lotto has the team with the most chances not getting #1 most years, right?

maybe one of us can get the stats on this.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:36:50 AM »
I think the draft lotto has the team with the most chances not getting #1 most years, right?

maybe one of us can get the stats on this.

I did this once a few years back.  I will see if I can find the spreadsheet and update it.  At the time, if I remember correctly, the best place to finish is in the 3rd or 5th best record.  In other words those spots have won the most lotteries.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 10:35:12 AM »
Logically, the team with the most ping-pong balls has the best chance.  Over the short term, anything is possible,  it can take a long time for the odds to assert themselves.

An easy example is a coin, essentially it can only land heads or tails, and each drop is a 50/50 chance.  But if you drop the coin 10 times and it comes up tails each time does that mean that it will definitely be heads next time?

The answer is no!  The odds are still the same as they were first time around 50% for each outcome.

Even so, it's still better to have more ping pong balls than less.  The benefit would be more apparent if the NBA didn't use so many balls for each team.