Author Topic: Now we get to see how the trade works out for Denver.  (Read 1178 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Now we get to see how the trade works out for Denver.
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:38:43 PM »
Finally Carmello Anthony was able to play in a game with Iverson.  It was against Memphis so it's no surprise they won.

They seemed to manage to share the ball well enough.  Anthony scored 28 in shortened minutes and Iverson added another 23.

"mello" made a lot of points on the line going 8 for 8, which made up for his poor shooting from the field.  Iverson, able to pick and choose and not have to force up shots, was 9 for 16, well over 50%.

It's good for the team to get acclimated to each other playing teams like Memphis and Seattle before they face the better teams in the league.  The Nuggets really haven't lost much ground record-wise.  They are in 7th place in the West, 2.5 games behind the Rockets, who have lost three straight.  I would think they would like to get to at least 4th place to avoid playing SA, Dallas or Phoenix in the first round.  They are 5 games out of that position right now.

If they become a contender, then it was a very good trade for them.  It's not an easy thing to compete with some of the teams out West. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Now we get to see how the trade works out for Denver.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 12:54:07 PM »
dabods succintized it.
Iverson initiates and Mello finishes.

So it should work out fine.
Key will be how all the rest play and if Marshmello will ever play some hard D.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Now we get to see how the trade works out for Denver.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »
One game doesn't mean much.  Nor does a few games.  Let's wait until the end of the regular season to judge.  The reason I say that is the whole new teammate, new team thingi s still fresh.  It reminds me alot of a relationship where you first meet the other person and everything is great.  Once you get settled and hit a few bumps in the road is where you can really test to see how it will work out.

I think the situation everyone is looking for is in a close or important game when the clock is ticking.  Say the Nuggets are down by 1 with possesion....who does the shot go to?  If Melo misses is AI bitter?  If AI misses or ignores an open Melo is Melo bitter?  If Iverson gets hot and ignores Melo, will Melo's ego start acting up?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com