Author Topic: Raiders to go after Mike Vic? Giving up Porter and Moss?! Good? Bad? Thoughts?  (Read 4343 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
JoMal I hate to make things seem even worse to you but here's a little something on Kiffin.  His "dream job" was coming home to MN to take over the U of MN head coaching job.  He lost out on that to the Bronco's tight end coach.  Seriously my friend, this is disturbing.  The U of MN job isn't exactly a dream job.  The Raiders hired a dude who a very mediocre college program just passed over. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
jn, you don't have to warn me about this. Even not knowing that, I have a huge problem with this hiring. Al Davis is totally out of the loop these days. Petty feuds are common with Raider underlings, which once were untolerated by Davis, but now are left to fester. The last one was between Mike Lombardi and Art Shell that lasted all last season until Lombardi was let go. When asked about this feud at the media fest introducing the new coach, Davis said he would be taking care of this feud personally to make it go away.

Dude, Lombardi has already left the building. Where was that "committment three months ago when it started?

I thought Kiffin's college connection was at Fresno State?

Before I forget, this will be my last post until at least Feb 20th. I will be in Australia until then.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Before I forget, this will be my last post until at least Feb 20th. I will be in Australia until then.

Bon Voyage!

Just remember when someone asks you if you want to "sink some piss with some miytes", they are not inviting you to engage in the watersports. ;)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey y'all!!!

As a die-hard 49ers fan, it might seem somewhat incongruous to even comment on the Raiders' problems/failures over the last decade-plus or so (LOL)...but seriously, the QB position for the Raiders has been problematic since the departure of Ken Stabler more than 20 years ago.  Michael Vick, unfortunately is not the answer - jeez, he couldn't even handle the coach's Dad dissing him...what will happen when Al Davis freaks out after a poor performance on Vick's part? 

The Raiders are doomed, now that steroids are history...LOL

- Rolando
Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Enjoy the trip JoMal!  Australia is definitely high on my list of places I need to visit someday and I could sure use the sunshine right about now.  Of course I went to Hawaii in October so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Kiffin grew up in MN and apparently maintains a lot of connections here. His dad was a Vikes defensive coach when Dungy was the D coordinator. 

The Raiders are truly a mess.  Davis has certainly tarnished his legacy out there.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Rolando Blackman

• View Profile
    • Email
Where did you go in HI?
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 10:26:39 AM »
Hey jn!

As  I am a former resident of Hawai'i, you immediately caught my attention mentioning the 50th state.  Where did you visit during your stay there?  I lived in Kailua, O'ahu BTW - although I never made it to Kaua'i when i was there (1994 - 97), I've been everywhere else in the state that it is possible to go.  Nowhere else quite measures up to Windward (East) O'ahu for overall quality of life.  I loved it there, and one day I'm going back to stay!

- Rolando
Shaq #1 forever
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
RB,

Where haven't you lived RB? ;) 

I was there as a reader for my friends' wedding in Honolulu.  I spent the first five days just off of Waikiki.  During that time I got a look at some of Honolulu, including Diamond Head and took a half day to the leeward side to go snorkeling with dolphins and sea turtles.

I spent the last 4 days in your old stomping grounds.  My aunt and uncle just retired and moved to a place just three blocks off Lanikai beach.  Yep, it was absolutley amazing there although it rained much of the time.  The last few days I got in some swimming at Lanikai, checked out a surf competition at the North Shore, took a quick hike to an area overlooking both the beach and Kailua and went to see Queen Emmas summer palace.

Good luck retiring out there.  It's absolute paradise but mon dieu! the cost of living is insane.  Fortunately for me the groom's family is uber rich and paid for my hotel, a couple incredible meals and even surf lessons. My aunt and uncle are reasonably well off as well but the reason they were able to pull off living in such a nice area is that my uncle is a retired Air Force reservce colonel so he gets the discounts at the bases out there. 

I will definitely be heading back out there. 

Offline Rolando Blackman

• View Profile
    • Email
Lanikai
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »
Hey jn!

I remember Lanikai - fireworks on the 4th of July (ask your homeys)!

The cost of living in Hawai'i Nei is high, but bearable once one factors in and adjusts to the life-style there.  Basically, life in 'the Islands' revolves around the Pacific Ocean, as might be expected - learn to surf, brah!  I think I recall posting here previously that it took me almost a year to gear down from the hectic So. Calif. pace to the (much) more sedate Hawai'ian level.  Once I did, though, I recognized the validity of the Hawai'ian point of view, and have made that my modus operandi towards life in general. 

- Rolando
Shaq #1 forever
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here