Author Topic: Warriors Pacers 4 for 4 swap  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Warriors Pacers 4 for 4 swap
« on: January 17, 2007, 02:16:50 PM »
The Golden State Warriors have agreed to trade
Troy Murphy
Mike Dunleavy
Ike Diogu
Keith McLeod

Indiana Pacers
Al Harrington
Stephen Jackson
Sarunas Jasikevicius
Josh Powell

NBA front-office sources tell ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Warriors Pacers 4 for 4 swap
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »
I never thougth an 8 person trade could be boring, but hey, live and learn.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:00:20 PM »
I never thougth an 8 person trade could be boring, but hey, live and learn.

;D ;D ;D

My thoughts exactly!!!

I hope this is a joke or doesn't go through.  How do either side think they are really improving anything?  Sounds to me like both are throwing the season away by doing this.

I dislike Mike Dunleavy (think he is one dimensional but swears he is not) and was never a big fan of Troy Murphy (same reason I dislike Dunleavy) although he does a good job on the glass.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 05:25:03 PM »
Well here's my theory.  The Warriors are getting guys who can run (Jackson and Harrington, mainly) to go with Don Nelson's style.  The Pacers get more rebounding in Murphy and possibly Diougu plus Donnie Walsh and Larry Legend will no longer lay awake at night wondering if Stephen Jackson will wait until the offseason to murder someone.

Still, this trade is not going to lead to major improvement now or long term.

P.S. I don't even know who Josh Powell is.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 05:32:06 PM by jn »
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »
Only thing that bothers me is that there was a rumor around town that if Artest were to be traded, the best bet would be to the Warriors for Troy Murphy, so in that light, I can at least see this thought is dead.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 08:10:08 PM »
On paper it looks like GS got the better end of the deal talent wise.  Unfortunately for them, they traded some good character guys for some questionable character guys. 

I see Diagu as the x-factor in this deal.  This kid has the frame and a ton of raw talent.  It's yet to be seen if he has the mental toughness and work ethic to develop in to a premier player in the league, but the raw materials are definitely there. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 11:17:48 AM »
Only thing that bothers me is that there was a rumor around town that if Artest were to be traded, the best bet would be to the Warriors for Troy Murphy, so in that light, I can at least see this thought is dead.

WTF!  That doesn't even make sense!  Who the heck thinks Artest and Murphy are on the same level!??#!@$#@

jn is right, GS has more guys who can run.  Baron def can get them the ball in the open court.  However, Baron Davis is the #1 option Jason Richardson is #2 that puts Jackson at #3 at best.  How is he going to handle that?  He likes to have the ball in his hands. 

Plus... How long before he is getting HYPHY (bay area hip hop term) at a club and busts a cap?  I'd say you can get into more trouble in the bay then you can in Indiana.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com