Author Topic: This is Barry Bond's 3rd strike, why is he not out?  (Read 1489 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
This is Barry Bond's 3rd strike, why is he not out?
« on: January 11, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/01/11/bonds.amphetamines/index.html?cnn=yes

Barry Bonds, already under investigation for lying under oath about his steroid use, failed a test under Major League Baseball's amphetamine policy last season and then initially blamed it on a teammate, the Daily News has learned.

Under the policy, which went into effect only last season, players are not publicly identified for a first positive test.

But according to several sources, when first informed by the MLB Players Association of the positive test, Bonds attributed it to a substance he had taken from the locker of teammate Mark Sweeney. Sources did not identify the drug in question but characterized it as a serious stimulant.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 05:44:47 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: This is Barry's 3rd strike, why is he not out?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »
Barry just be misunderstood.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »
Best reaction I heard...from Mike & Mike show on ESPN...how do you swallow something and not know what you are eating?  Especially a professional athlete who is dependant on his body for his living.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 02:38:02 PM »
Best reaction I heard...from Mike & Mike show on ESPN...how do you swallow something and not know what you are eating?  Especially a professional athlete who is dependant on his body for his living.

Speed comes in a yellow-ish powder or comes in clear glass like shards.  He knew what he was taking and it didn't come from his teammates locker.  He was taking it himself.  Not sure how speed helps you perform anything better, the drug effects seem the exact opposite to me, but ya...

Besides, this is the type of excuse you make for your 2 year old child who swallows something small and almost chokes.  "Oh he didn't know what he was putting in his mouth"

This is the third strike, he should be out.  Isn't that how baseball rules work?  Kick him out, put the * next to his homer run title, and let him fade into cheater obscurity.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 02:47:19 PM »

Speed comes in a yellow-ish powder or comes in clear glass like shards.  He knew what he was taking and it didn't come from his teammates locker.  He was taking it himself.  Not sure how speed helps you perform anything better, the drug effects seem the exact opposite to me, but ya...

Besides, this is the type of excuse you make for your 2 year old child who swallows something small and almost chokes.  "Oh he didn't know what he was putting in his mouth"

This is the third strike, he should be out.  Isn't that how baseball rules work?  Kick him out, put the * next to his homer run title, and let him fade into cheater obscurity.

I agree with you 100%.  And your interpretation was the point of the comment.  If you put it in your body you better damn well know what it is.  Unless of course you have the mental capabilities of a 2 year old.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 02:54:49 PM »

I agree with you 100%.  And your interpretation was the point of the comment.  If you put it in your body you better damn well know what it is.  Unless of course you have the mental capabilities of a 2 year old.

Maybe steroids shrinks not only the male's main operating brain but the brain in our skull also.  I think more research is needed to see the effects of steroids on both.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 03:01:26 PM »
Funny, when I read the subject I thought to myself "What did Brent Barry ever do?".  I know, I'm a moron. 

I have zero respect for Bonds and little for MLB, so this doesn't really elicit any opinions from me. 

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 05:37:06 PM »
Funny, when I read the subject I thought to myself "What did Brent Barry ever do?".  I know, I'm a moron. 

hey man, its all good, I thought the same thing.

With Reality its either Spurs or Lakers so my thought process went something like:

Reality->Barry->Spurs->3 strikes->Huh??

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 05:45:14 PM »

With Reality its either Spurs or Lakers so my thought process went something like:

Bleh, I fixed it you two!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »

Go and watch Who Killed the Electric Car?