Author Topic: NFL Divisional Playoffs Round 2  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
NFL Divisional Playoffs Round 2
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:08:48 AM »
Indianapolis at Baltimore
Philadelphia at New Orleans 
Seattle at Chicago 
New England at San Diego

Jomal:  But seeing New England win again in the playoffs, at home, when no other team needs to be bitch bombed out of the NFL more was hard to swallow. I really hate the "Tuck Rule" Pats, who lost to the Raiders at the start of their string of home playoff wins, only to have a non-existant rule invoked in order to make sure they could go to the Super Bowl that year.

And to think, there was Romo, in Seattle, "tucking" the ball prior to having it batted away and the refs calling it a fumble. Green "tucked" the ball, only to have the refs say it was a fumble. I don't get it? When a quarterback is holding the ball out and it is batted away from him, isn't this called a "tuck" rule play in the playoffs? Or does that only apply to Tom Brady?

Bring on the Pats.

San Diego
New Orleans altho i will be thrilled if Happy Feet Garcia pulls out another win.
Seattle just got a bad feeling about Chicagos O.
Indy Manning or the Murderer?  Will Indy Recievers will run correct routes this week?  I'm still iffy on this one.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 10:29:13 AM by Reality »

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs Round 2
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »
Indianapolis at Baltimore:  GO Steve McNair!!

Philadelphia at New Orleans:  It be nice to see a perennial loser win it all.  Sorry philly guys.

Seattle at Chicago:  ...whether half their defense goes to jail or not.

New England at San Diego:  FIRE Marty Schottenheimer now and you may have a chance, Reality.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »
Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore - Ravens.  Manning is a punk choke artist until he proves this wrong.  Ravens defense is very difficult and if Manning throws picks, they will loose.

Phila. Eagles at New Orleans - Eagles.  Last time they played, Saints only won by a field goal at the end.  The Eagles are a better team now. Technically not an upset- lots of people expect the Eagles to get to the Supe.  They have an edge in experience.  Should be a very close game.

Seattle Seahawks at Chicago - It doesn't matter, as the winner will loose in the next game!  Probably Chicago will win.

New England Patriots at San Diego. - Chargers are the best team in football now, but the Pats have an edge in experience.  Still, I'm going with the Chargers, guessing that Bruschi and Vrable will have a very tough time stopping Tomlinson. 

The Chicago game may be an exercise in futility, but the rest of the games should be very entertaining - Manning vs. the Ravens D.  Former Super Bowl Champs against the hot Rookie QB and great Running back.  The NO- Philly game   has the two best NFC teams- without the blemishes of Chicago and Seattle.   

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 04:43:09 PM »

Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore - Ravens.  Manning is a punk choke artist until he proves this wrong.  Ravens defense is very difficult and if Manning throws picks, they will loose.

Indy defense is a punk choke artist until they prove that Manning deserves them. Leaving Manning to win games has proven hard to accomplish, and KC was hardly the "real" test for them to finally and perminently figure out how to tackle NFL-style.

Phila. Eagles at New Orleans - Eagles.  Last time they played, Saints only won by a field goal at the end.  The Eagles are a better team now. Technically not an upset- lots of people expect the Eagles to get to the Supe.  They have an edge in experience.  Should be a very close game.

Only two NFC teams I care about currently still in the playoff picture. Pity they have to play each other now, but that's the way it goes. Until Garcia pumped live into the Eagles, I figured they were out of it, but with Jeff getting so much out of this team, it could happen at least for one more week.

I REEEEAAALLY would like the Saints to win it all, because I visit New Orleans often and when there, it is impossible not to root for the home team when out in sports bars - the city needs this. But this team is still figuring out weekly how to win, and they have not had good success at home against even average opponents. I think the Eagles can win and while THAT doesn't bother me, that it will be at the expense of the Saints does.

Seattle Seahawks at Chicago - It doesn't matter, as the winner will loose in the next game!  Probably Chicago will win.

It matters. The Seahawks lucked out against Dallas and sometimes lucky wins can snowball for a team, especially one coached by Holmgren. But if defense wins post season games, the Hawks will be squawking after next week.

New England Patriots at San Diego. - Chargers are the best team in football now, but the Pats have an edge in experience.  Still, I'm going with the Chargers, guessing that Bruschi and Vrable will have a very tough time stopping Tomlinson. 

I hate the Chargers. HATE THEM!!!! I want the Chargers to beat the Patriots so bad, I feel nauseous. Ask me how THAT makes me feel? Not only do I want San Diego to pound the crap out of New England, I would pay extra to see that slime Brady carted off the field in three body bags.

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »
Not only do I want San Diego to pound the crap out of New England, I would pay extra to see that slime Brady carted off the field in three body bags.

A man after my own heart.  Eat dirt Tammy Faye Brady!!
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 05:43:51 PM »
Indianapolis at Baltimore - Baltimore - Ravens are playing the best ball in the league right now.

Philadelphia at New Orleans - New Orleans - I think Philly losing Leto Shapard will prove costly against the Saints passing attack. 

Seattle at Chicago - Chicago - Seattle's limping in to the playoffs, it's time they're put down. 

New England at San Diego - San Diego Got to give NE credit for always being a contender even though they lose coaches and key free agents every season, but the Chargers are hitting on all cylinders right now. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 05:53:14 PM »
Lets hope for a couple strips of Brady Bunch by Shaun Merriman and batted down passes by Shaun Phillips.
Couple interceptions also?

Skandery the owners have flat ordered Marty to open up the offense by letting Cam Cameron call all the plays -uninhibited.  The playcalling has been fantastic since the at Baltimore MartyBawl debacle.  10 straight wins.

LT for the pass has got to be an option vs New England.  Perhaps 2-3 times in the game.  So far LT is like 8-10 with 6 touchdowns when throwing.  Even if the pass misfires, it will keep those dbs from creeping up everytime LT runs.

All that having been said, i feel the key will be how the lines fair against each other.

Unless the zebras have an influence.  Jomal i certainly hope not and am crowding out thoughts of some bogus pass interference call(s).

New Orleans vs Philly.  I am also torn.  Brees set free after obviously shackled here in S.D. by Martyball.  On the other hand seeing Happy Feet Garcia run that Philly O is gratifying.